• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 30, 2018
ohzrd5t.jpg

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
Is GRID really so old that they can release a new game and call it GRID without any confusion?

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Is this like the movie Halloween which is a direct sequel to Halloween but not Halloween?

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
Why does this trailer have epic press conference music white noise and why do they want you to pre-order when all they've shown is a slowed down CG movie that reveals nothing about what the game feels like?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Sure. I don't think it's been that long since the first one but Codemasters does some good shit.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Ah. Because the first one was originally Race Driver: GRID and not just GRID as EVERY SINGLE ONE THINKS, they can now easily make a new game like this.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Sure. I don't think it's been that long since the first one but Codemasters does some good shit.
Is GRID really so old that they can release a new game and call it GRID without any confusion?

i mean, it's over a decade old, and that certainly feels like a long time ago to me. i was, like, thirteen when i first played GRID.

besides, the first one wasn't actually just called GRID, so i think they're in the clear when it comes to, like, the giant bomb wiki or whatever.

It's the HD remaster so meh.

Lol

really? most of the cars in the trailer didn't even exist when the first GRID came out, so i was sure it was a new game.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's cool, the first one was actually called Race Driver: Grid, calling the new game Grid is totally fine and won't cause confusion.

it's a dumb name and of course it will cause confusion

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, one thing that does work in Codemasters' favour here: the original Grid got memory-holed on PC back in 2016, when it went on sale/was given away free in December and then pulled off digital storefronts. Not sure if the same happened on console but I wouldn't be surprised.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I never played Autosport, was it good?
I loved the first game, couldn't get into 2, I'd be way into some new Grid though.

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017
The focus on race cars on the trailer makes it seem like it will be more simulation than GRID2.

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
i mean, it's over a decade old, and it certainly feels like a long time ago to me. i was, like, thirteen when i first played GRID.

besides, the first one wasn't actually just called GRID, so i think they're in the clear when it comes to, like, the giant bomb wiki or whatever.
Damn has it really been that long?! It doesn't feel like it!

I think it's because to me it feels like GRID2 came out not long ago, but even then I guess it was about 5-6 years?

Feb 8, 2018
trailer did nothing for me but it does have a lot of potential. Jus don't lock 50% of your game behind DLC and you're good!

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I loved the original GRID. I couldn't get into the other GRID games, though, so I'm not too hopeful that Codemasters will bring back the things I liked about the original. That said, I wish more games would borrow bits from the original GRID. I loved just choosing one paint color/pattern for all of my cars and applying sponsor logos based on my driving style to control my rewards. I also loved the progression system. I also loved the demolition derby races, though I wish there were more. The original GRID is one of my all-time favorite racing games.

Also, fuck Ravenwest.