• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Idk why ppl dislike him so much. He doesn't always say what u want to hear and that doesn't sit well with a lot of ppl, cause he says stuff how it is. I respect him for one, and I'm glad to see him return.
"White Supremacy isn't a real thing, he just tells it like it is!"

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
He can do whatever he likes, but he has no business being here.

He has always been a dick, it just took some people longer to realize. He also doesn't have anything worthwhile to say. There are much more interesting people someone could support than this guy.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Asian tweet is on like every page guys. If you don't understand why people dislike him, you're being pretty willfully obtuse (or not reading the thread in order to stan for your boy, I guess).

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy listening to what he has to say about games and his knowledge of PlayStation history in particular. Not sure exactly why the hate towards him is this strong though.
I'll hope you aren't trolling, because he has made many comments on twitter and elsewhere that are more than just eyebrow raising. You need to remember people in this community don't just ignore the artist for the sake of the art (in this case the journalism).

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Guess his Libertarian platform idea is now losing steam?

I also don't mean to dog on him, but what, in anything he has shared on the internet, has been truly thought provoking and interesting? We can include his high school understanding of free markets ala Episode 2 of Colin's Last Stand, as for me, this is an example of how Colin has proven he is incapable of deep thought. For games, his peak was what, "gamer entitlement" regarding Mass Effect 3 and it's pick a color ending system?

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I seriously hope Colin Moriarty does not come back. In fact, I would prefer if he never posts online again.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I notice that a lot of the people on the other site who liked Colin and defended him were the same people who constantly whined about "noting being able to speak their mind" and the "echo chamber" and the supposed "holier-than-thou" attitude of a lot of progressive posters such as myself.

But for some reason, Colin's own particular brand of "holier-than-thou" was A-Ok....

I wonder why -thinkingemoji-

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Colin More and more of an asshole every day.

I used to be a fan; him and Greg's old videos together before Kinda Funny definitely impacted me.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I enjoy listening to what he has to say about games and his knowledge of PlayStation history in particular.

There are people far more knowledgeable on the history of PlayStation. Listen to Retronauts, 8-4 Play, Back in my Play, Player One Podcast, No More Whoppers (if you want something funny), and plenty of others. Politics aside, his writing is bad and his videos are average at best.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Colin Moriarty and people in a similar job, we aren't ignoring the ability to "ignore the artist and appreciate the art" because in this case the art is him. His show is him having a long form rant/lecture about whatever. His personality is the selling point. HE is what he show is about.

It's like trying to distance Pewdiepie from his comments because you enjoy his show, when he IS his show.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I dont actually hate Colin Moriarty, the most I do is roll his eyes at his dumbass views sometimes.

Then again I've never actually liked his show, or his show persona. The best way I can express myself about his comeback is this:

: /

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Idk why ppl dislike him so much. He doesn't always say what u want to hear and that doesn't sit well with a lot of ppl, cause he says stuff how it is. I respect him for one, and I'm glad to see him return.

I, for one, respect racists, bigots, and sexists for finally speaking up and speaking "the truth." I don't get why people are so upset with them. Sure, I might offend a few of the "SJW's" with my cocky stride and masculine odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "Leftist Media" who repost their tweets, stroke their blogs, and talk about "What's to be done with this Colin Moriarty?"

I'm just glad to have another voice from the often "quiet" other side of these kinds of debates. I believe all viewpoints should be heard equally. And, hey, maybe we'll compromise somewhere in the middle.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I actually didn't follow this, who/what bridges did he burn? Seems idiotic to do so when your detractors aren't even the developers.
Other people in game journalism, including his former coworkers at Kinda Funny. Greg obviously got tired of covering for his idiocy and others outside of KF have called him out on his behavior and beliefs.

There isn't a mainstream game journalism outlet left that would welcome him with open arms.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still remember his tweets about MGS4 and being silly about why it wasn't added on IGN's top 25 PS3 games of all time (it was around 2012 I believe).

I still think people deserve a second chance, to me atleast.
He didn't disappear though, he's had chances to chill and at the very least, keep SOME of his views to himself instead of screaming who he is for all the world to see.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I'm good. I have to deal with enough bigoted assholes on a daily basis as it is. I sure as hell don't wanna see him pop up in the gaming sphere anymore. Fuck him.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 10000% certain there are already people in the "libertarian games commentator" market. So he better put in some work on production values if he wants that $$$$

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
You really only need to glance at his Twitter profile to get the full picture (bigot). He burned all his bridges, so can he kindly go away forever?

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Other people in game journalism, including his former coworkers at Kinda Funny. Greg obviously got tired of covering for his idiocy and others outside of KF have called him out on his behavior and beliefs.

There isn't a mainstream game journalism outlet left that would welcome him with open arms.
I'm pretty sure Escapist Magazine is searching for writers and content producers after everyone but Yahtzee flew from that place.

for those "hard passing", does this mean you won't be in the discussion thread about whatever video game topic colin comes up with to discuss for his show?

just curious.

It depends, normally I don't follow the guy so outside this thread I shouldn't really post too much about him, but if he says something too big, yeah, I will comment.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Has anything worthwhile ever preceded the phrase "just telling it like it is"?

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda sad, followed and enjoyed Colin for years when he was at IGN, didn't follow Kinda Funny as much but man, 2017 really brought out the crazy in some people. Always knew he leaned to the right, but he went off the deep end this year. Just doubling down on the anti-PC / right-wing radio show persona. Some of his tweets I've seen are embarrassing.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
So we are allowed to take people's pasts into account so long as it's not related to that other forum?

Good. People should be held accountable for what they've said and done in the past. Thanks Nicole.
Well it is kinda hard to say its in the past for Colin specifically when he was doing his usual thing as recently as...um...today.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Did NOT know he had talked shit about the KF guys as he walked out. Considering they were trying to cover for him. Jesus.

I hope the KF guys makes an account. I've always liked the rest of them. Particularly since so often they used the other forum to gauge hardcore gamer interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.