• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Now that Urban Meyer is retiring, what is his Legacy

• 3 time National Champion

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 26-2 against Rival programs all time

• Winner of the first College Football Playoff

• Never Lost to Milk Steak

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The Above choices are all wrong, it's Sad Pizza Party, and nothing else.

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Post

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Soundtrack to this week's thread, in honor of this guy-
1783174.jpg.0.jpg

Screenshot_20181124-232601_Chrome.jpg

aik4ffX.gif

KX2pjKT.png

DsunJBhUwAEnsMA.jpg%3Alarge

DsyXBolUUAAPUW-.jpg:large

CFP Rankings
  1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Georgia
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Ohio State
  7. Michigan
  8. UCF
  9. Florida
  10. LSU
  11. Washington
  12. Penn State
  13. Wazzu
  14. Texas
  15. Kentucky
  16. West Virginia
  17. Utah
  18. Mississippi State
  19. Texas A&M
  20. Syracuse
  21. Northwestern
  22. Boise State
  23. Iowa State
  24. Mizzou
  25. Fresno State
CCG Schedule (all times in EST and rankings CFP)

Friday, November 30

MAC- Northern Illinois vs. Buffalo, 7 PM
Pac-12- #17 Utah vs. #11 Washington, 8 PM

Saturday, November 31

Big 12- #14 Texas vs. #5 Oklahoma, noon
Sun Belt- Louisiana @ App State, noon
C-USA- UAB @ MTSU, 1:30 PM
AAC- Memphis @ #8 UCF, 3:30 PM
SEC- #1 Alabama vs. #4 Georgia, 4 PM
Mountain West- #25 Fresno State @ #22 Boise State, 7:45 PM
ACC- #2 Clemson vs. Pitt, 8 PM
Big 10- #21 Northwestern vs. #6 Ohio State, 8 PM

Full schedules:
CCG Week schedule (there are other games)
Games on TV

pac12afaterdark-e1505105220457.png

Gone until next September :(

Housekeeping

Weekly pick'em (done as always by the wonderful Karl2177 )
Pick 'em Stuff:

Link to last week's games: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sJ-tlwdM_EqYr_XJm-4DHpeQiG8KX7XBmusFkMtlma8/edit?usp=sharing

Link to this week's form: https://goo.gl/forms/Sw2H9swu0NRosMWR2

This week's games:
NIU vs BUFF
UTAH vs WASH
TEX vs OU
ULL vs APP
MRSH at VT
UAB vs MTSU
STAN at CAL
MEM vs UCF
ALA vs UGA
FRES vs BSU
CLEM vs PITT
NW vs OSU

-------------------------------------

Current standings:

AlteredBeast | 84
andycapps | 81
AntoneM | 17
AquaRegia | 86
ArkhamFantasy | 84
Bpfd | 55
BTM | 94
Bucknuticus | 88
Canklestank | 22
Chaosblade | 57
ChrisBliss117 | 9
ChrisR | 86
Dark Mantonio | 52
Deacon | 65
Dr_LawyerCop | 88
Drax | 22
El_Chino | 17
Enron | 16
ErnieMcCracken | 101
FloydtheFathead | 33
ganhyun | 16
GoldenEye 007 | 73
jfkgoblue | 42
JimmySchmidt | 5
jstevenson | 16
Karl2177 | 84
Lonestar | 86
LonestarZues | 8
Monorojo | 6
Monroeski | 100
opus | 30
outlawedprod | 86
Quake1028 | 87
Ron Paul | 97
Rvaan | 85
ryseing | 81
Snackawho | 6
Sotha_Sil | 19
Starfire22 | 78
Tebunker | 47
The Outsider | 23
TheeFanatic | 72
TheLetdown | 84
truly101 | 54
Yasuke | 93
zyxwvu4321 | 42

CFB Era's Official Podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage- Records live in our Discord every Wednesday @ 9 PM EST
The new podcast is up. Subscribe in iTunes here or find The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice

Episode 67 - This is the Pod that Never Ends

We talk about the coaching changes this week, polls, potential playoff scenarios, championship games this week.. We talked way too long but there was a lot to cover. Enjoy.

We're generally on Discord for live game chat- quote to find the link and join us!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh whats that I smell, why yes, I recognize this smell. The smell of Championship Saturday and wolverine guts on my boot.

I also regret to inform you, Revenge Tour 2018 has been canceled. Organizers say they will try again, but hope of a successful regrouping is fleeting

Dsy7b0FWoAAIxvQ.jpg

Ok Cool, Go Bucks.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Conference championships almost all look like good games. ACC game is probably going to be a snoozer, B1G might be too unless bad OSU shows up again.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

OK. Cool. Hook 'em!

Conference championships almost all look like good games. ACC game is probably going to be a snoozer, B1G might be too unless bad OSU shows up again.

Don't doubt the force of Pitt memes. They have taken down number 2 teams before.

Last edited:

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Mack Attack coming to UCF! #8 going to shock the world.

Memphis for the 4th time in 2 years. I don't want to see them for awhile...

Also, Roll Tide

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Heard in local tv if Kliff Kingsbury doesn't land an NFL coaching spot, he will be top candidate for USC's OC job

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
I feel so important all of a sudden.

I, for one, am glad Nebraska's season is over...it gives our coaches ample time on the recruiting trail. Yeah...that's the ticket!

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018

Don't doubt the force of Pitt memes. They have taken down number 2 teams before.

:(

I'll never get over that 13-9 debacle when WVU was set to make the BCS title game and favored by 28 at home. We'd have smoked that mediocre Ohio State team just like that 2-loss LSU team that got in because of our loss did. Probably our only chance at a title as we can't recruit well enough to win 2 or 3 games in a row against top teams in a playoff and always needed a lucky year like that with a one game shot at a title and a less than stellar opponent.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
If you can, please tell everyone your most hated rival, why you hate them, and then end it with your favorite gif of Hairy Dawg, UGA's loveable human person mascot, being incredulous at what he's just seen.

Hi,

My most hated rival is the months of March through August, because there's no football. No validation. No Hope.

No Hope of seeing a team you hate, like LSU, go to 7 Overtimes and lose 74-72. No Hope of seeing Tennessee lose once again to lowly Vanderbilt, ending their season without a bowl appearance. No Hope of seeing Michigan think "Yeah, this time, this time, is our time. Let's go beat those bastards down south" and fail all the same, as they do every year.

No Hope of seeing if Tua Time can be tested for 4 quarters.

Maybe this weekend, maybe.

funny-sports-pictures-bulldogs-college-football-disbelief-smh.gif

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

As an LSU fan, there's no rival to truly hate. Florida? Eh. maybe, but when have the Gators wrecked our season? Alabama? Overrated, who needs them. This A&M thing that they're trying to make a thing? 7OTs later, still doesn't feel like a thing.

But what do I hate though? It's tough to say. Us LSU fans truly do love everyone, even Lonestar! Sometimes we get carried away with lofty expectations, but it's all in good fun. No worries.

PS: I'm kidding it's Alabama I hate Alabama they're the fucking worst.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Hi.

As you might be able to tell by the OP, I do not care for the University of North Carolina. North Carolina traditionally cares more about basketball than football. NC State, my beloved alma mater, is the exception. Folks associated with the University of North Carolina tend to look down upon us because we aren't a public Ivy like them, even people who didn't even go there. They have a lot of Wal-Mart fans, and those people are the worst. Never mind that we are a respectable academic institution in our own right. Little brother syndrome is strong here, especially when the Tar Holes pretend to hate Duke more than they hate us. Not our rival? Sure.

They whip us in basketball, so in recent memory it has been our pleasure to return the favor in football. Three straight, and I hope to make it four against your retread of a coach. Little brother is done with your shit.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
My most hated rival is any school that has consistent, competent QB play because UF is cursed and this is something we can never have.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
My most hated rival is the Gatas because I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns. That's not really a why, it's just describing my level of hatred, but that's all you're getting.

200w.gif

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Like our cfb admin Rowlf my most hated team is USC the eternal rivals of our beloved Fighting Irish.

Oct 25, 2017
As a Hawkeye, my most hated rival is any football play that might actually result in a score or a gain of more than 3 yards. I also refuse to acknowledge the existence of the SEC, no matter how adorable their clearly fictional mascots are alleged to be.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
As a Sun Devil fan and graduate of the highly esteemed Arizona State University, my greatest rival is walking up before noon and/or wearing socks.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Forgot to pickem last week :(

Just hoping for some competitive games on Saturday :(

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Hi.

As you might be able to tell by the OP, I do not care for the University of North Carolina. North Carolina traditionally cares more about basketball than football. NC State, my beloved alma mater, is the exception. Folks associated with the University of North Carolina tend to look down upon us because we aren't a public Ivy like them, even people who didn't even go there. They have a lot of Wal-Mart fans, and those people are the worst. Never mind that we are a respectable academic institution in our own right. Little brother syndrome is strong here, especially when the Tar Holes pretend to hate Duke more than they hate us. Not our rival? Sure.

They whip us in basketball, so in recent memory it has been our pleasure to return the favor in football. Three straight, and I hope to make it four against your retread of a coach. Little brother is done with your shit.

200w.gif

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
:(

I'll never get over that 13-9 debacle when WVU was set to make the BCS title game and favored by 28 at home. We'd have smoked that mediocre Ohio State team just like that 2-loss LSU team that got in because of our loss did. Probably our only chance at a title as we can't recruit well enough to win 2 or 3 games in a row against top teams in a playoff and always needed a lucky year like that with a one game shot at a title and a less than stellar opponent.

Texas State just poached Jake Spavital.

Status
Not open for further replies.