• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Dawgs247 has learned that a 2022 matchup between Georgia and Oregon is in the works. According to persons with knowledge of the situation, the game would take place in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta and the SEC vs. PAC12 showdown has not yet been finalized. Those same contacts, however, indicate that final word could come in the next couple of weeks.

It is unknown at this time whether the game would be associated with Chick-Fil-A as one of its kickoff games, but with the game taking place in Mercedes-Benz Stadium between two non-conference teams to begin a season, its almost certain that will be the case.

Wish this were home and home but would still be a fun game.

Home and home with Clemson should be finalized soon.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Your Official 2018 Reset CFB Pick em is now live, once we get data ill throw these into something easier to look at and track results

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_8...9IWVU-xVUwGsNZgQ/edit?usp=drive_open&ths=true

Are you going to use a web feed for that Tableau Dashboard? Can I get the extract too? I just got a license for home use too, and I want to do some non-work stuff and play around some. I was going to make some social media dashboards too, and after seeing so many Premier League and Cricket league stuff on the public vizzes I want to make a CFB one. I heard Connelly talking about how some PAPN listeners have been using his data to make vizzes too.

I think I am going to hold off watching any games next weekend so I can totally binge going in to Labor Day weekend.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tua apparently looked mortal today while Jalen played lights out.

Christ, I just want someone to assert themselves. Please.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta post links or twitter or something man.

Former player that was tweeting about it deleted em.

Sounds like Tua bounced back with two lasers for TD's, but he started with a bunch of incompletions and a pick six while Jalen was throwing bombs.

Sounds like Tua still had the better day after he settled down, but I'm a keep scouring for details.

Freshman WR Waddle is lighting up everybody and really pushing to get on the field, and Shavers has looked great too. But it sounds like we lost another LB; Chris Allen left with a knee injury. Hopefully it ain't his ACL.

EDIT: Saban confirmed Allen is lost for the season.

These last two years have been absolute hell on our LBs.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
You got it, I'll add them tomorrow and repost. I'll have to wipe everyone's answers I think so hold off on doing it
I'm mean a lot of us listen to PAPN and or read enough Connelly and SBNation that I am sure we have some MACtion fans and some CUSA lovers too ;-)

Actually maybe we just add the MAC to make Tuesday night football more interesting?

Also kind of glad I can re-pick everything, I may have made some questionable calls.

Former player that was tweeting about it deleted em.

Sounds like Tua bounced back with two lasers for TD's, but he started with a bunch of incompletions and a pick six while Jalen was throwing bombs.

Sounds like Tua still had the better day after he settled down, but I'm a keep scouring for details.

Freshman WR Waddle is lighting up everybody and really pushing to get on the field, and Shavers has looked great too. But it sounds like we lost another LB; Chris Allen left with a knee injury. Hopefully it ain't his ACL.

EDIT: Saban confirmed Allen is lost for the season.

These last two years have been absolute hell on our LBs.
I'm glad Tua sounds like he bounced back, we have to live with him throwing some Ints for sure, because his upside is huge.

However, if he some how makes Jalen a better thrower, well then... there you go.

Players getting hurt, barf, at this rate Kahlo will be forgoing his RS.

Edit also, WTF WVU?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-postpone-fan-day-due-hand-foot-mouth-disease

and Sorry andycapps & EnronERA - Looks like yall lost a big RB today.

Last edited:

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Since we've got a few tech people here, is there a way to scrape topics and posts from a forum? A BBQ forum I use is moving to Facebook only, so all the old recipes would be lost and new ones wouldn't be easily searchable.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Since we've got a few tech people here, is there a way to scrape topics and posts from a forum? A BBQ forum I use is moving to Facebook only, so all the old recipes would be lost and new ones wouldn't be easily searchable.
No we are not your 'It guys' but y'all nice enough so :

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-b...ave-multiple-threads-that-are-100+-pages-deep

It should work. Would also need to know what kind of web forum software they were using.

Also the site admins might be more helpful in terms are just pulling data. I can't imagine they themselves aren't trying to archive all the recipe info.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
No we are not your 'It guys' but y'all nice enough so :

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-b...ave-multiple-threads-that-are-100+-pages-deep

It should work. Would also need to know what kind of web forum software they were using.

Also the site admins might be more helpful in terms are just pulling data. I can't imagine they themselves aren't trying to archive all the recipe info.

Thanks for the link. I know the issue of being the "family tech guy", which is why I asked "is there a way" rather than "hey, could one of you do this for me". If it's not too much trouble, I'll try it myself. If I can't figure it out, I'll just try to manually grab some of the recipes I want.

The admin already said he wasn't going to give the data to anyone. I'm fine with him leaning on the side of data privacy, so no huge deal there. This is just for convenience if I want to find an old post.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the link. I know the issue of being the "family tech guy", which is why I asked "is there a way" rather than "hey, could one of you do this for me". If it's not too much trouble, I'll try it myself. If I can't figure it out, I'll just try to manually grab some of the recipes I want.

The admin already said he wasn't going to give the data to anyone. I'm fine with him leaning on the side of data privacy, so no huge deal there. This is just for convenience if I want to find an old post.

What a dick head. How about this, if you can't get that open source crawler working, we'll all give it a try, grab a ton of recipes, compile them in an ebook and post that shit to Amazon and then use the proceeds to throw a CFB Era end of season party, I mean the $10-$15 we make will totally be worth the effort just to spite that Admin alone.

That dude should be able to separate all of the privacy data from the specific recipe posts. Sounds like he doesn't want to do the work, which I think I would have respected more if he had said that.

Also I hope you could tell I was joking about the IT think ;-)

Last edited:

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
"[Jeff Brohm and Paul Chryst] I've always said, 'Show me a coach that wins at Alabama and Clemson, I'll show you a good coach. Show me a coach that wins at Wake Forest, I'll show you a great coach.' It's hard to mess it up at Ohio State and Penn State. It's really hard to win at Iowa State."
I don't know what Jeff Brohm and Paul Chryst have to do with that quote, but as one of our previous coaches put it: "If you stay [at Iowa State], you're going to lose and you're going to get fired. That's very evident." All of our coaches since him have either been fired or left abruptly for another program. None have retired or split amicably from the university.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I don't know what Jeff Brohm and Paul Chryst have to do with that quote, but as one of our previous coaches put it: "If you stay [at Iowa State], you're going to lose and you're going to get fired. That's very evident." All of our coaches since him have either been fired or left abruptly for another program. None have retired or split amicably from the university.
Sounds similar to tOSU really

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't happen with many schools to be honest, only coaches I call recall this happening recently is Beamer and Paterno and soon to be Saban.

outlawedprod

Oct 27, 2017

They are at the top of the Football coaching spectrum because they were winning at schools where the deck was stacked against them. The author is clearing citing a parallel that even a good coach will win at Clemson, Bama, OSU, Penn St because they are not going to screw things up because they have the resources to have a winning record. Generating that winning record at Iowa St or Wake Forest takes someone who is an another level when it comes to Football coaching. At that point you live and die on your coaching staff because no amount of weight training, facilities, sports science, etc will ever level the playing field against an alpha dog.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Also worth noting on the conference picks, the G5 questions i left as optional as I know some people dont know a lot about them

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
They are at the top of the Football coaching spectrum because they were winning at schools where the deck was stacked against them. The author is clearing citing a parallel that even a good coach will win at Clemson, Bama, OSU, Penn St because they are not going to screw things up because they have the resources to have a winning record. Generating that winning record at Iowa St or Wake Forest takes someone who is an another level when it comes to Football coaching. At that point you live and die on your coaching staff because no amount of weight training, facilities, sports science, etc will ever level the playing field against an alpha dog.
I dunno if I buy that narrative completely, as Clemson, Alabama and OSU have stretched where average to good coaches failed to be successful and I think it takes the wrong tact in that it diminishes the skill set and abilities of those who do win long term at some of the bigger schools.

A lot of folks acting like Clemson was a National Power for long long stretches prior to Dabo, like they had good spots here and there but not a near decade of dominance, or that OSU didn't have a lot of bad stretches with Bruce and Cooper before Tressel came around, those were pretty good coaches, and same with Alabama, Hello Dubose through Shula, and I'd even argue that Gene Stallings was merely 'Good', hell I should dig up the article from RBR where they lay a very cogent argument that states just that and even points out he was probably really bad for the School too.

I hate these kinds of takes, I'd hear stuff like this all the time in when I was sales, "So and So only does well because there territory is great." or "They don't have as much competition so of course it is easy." I always like putting it back on folks, and also pointing out that when those successful people left "great" territories or stores that a lot of the time shit fell off hard because people don't realize the effort and work to be great.

Like you can say someone who wins at Iowa St or Wake is probably a great coach with out having to take a back handed shot at people coaching at Clemson, OSU or Bama. Last I check Urbz won at a lot of places and gasp, so did Saban. Dabo only has Clemson, but something tells me if he had gone through the mac to MWC to say the SEC or ACC he would have left a trail of success. Jury may be out on Franklin at PSU, but dude won at Vandy of all places. Not saying he is great, but PSU was a crate even with O'Brien who bailed at the first pro job. Again I think we can praise the one with out shots at the other, people's memories are short and we often fail to look past the prior 10-15 years.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Clemson was a national power perse but there were one of those second tier schools that if they made the jump to national power nobody would have batted an eye.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So is today the day we find out that Urban Meyer is absolved of all wrong doings and is to be reinstated to head coaching duties immediately?

Bucknuticus

Oct 25, 2017
So is today the day we find out that Urban Meyer is absolved of all wrong doings and is to be reinstated to head coaching duties immediately?

Committee is done today then board needs to meet which requires 24 hours notice. Expect answer earliest Tuesday, in thinking Wednesday

Bucknuticus

Oct 25, 2017
Fully expecting Urban to get a 4 game suspension and serve those games on 9/1 9/8 9/22 and 11/17 respectively...

Ahh the SEC way where he learned all his best "coaching"!

I dont see any scenario where a suspension happens, it seems black and white to me where a suspension doesnt really make sense. If he did the proper procedure then he will be reinstated, if he didnt he will be terminated with cause. I believe if it were the latter this wouldnt have taken so long, and I think Urban will be reinstate by midweek, and they will be forced to take some DV training and likely donated some $ to some DV charity.

Just my thoughts on it going by NCAA/Contract rules and laws. Morality of it is another debate all together, but the entire report will be public when the final decision comes down.

Last edited:

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Hey everyone! First time posting in the thread. How is everyone?

Also, i would like to join in on the pick em, er..., picks. Anything i need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.