• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'd love to watch a Bama shootout just for Nick's reaction.

He'd be aight.

He's gotten oddly used to em. He accepted we have to win games like that a while back. Weirdly, I think he gets off on winning those games. CFB said they wanted to play that way, and he said "aight. If that's what you want" and kept collecting rings lol

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
So thanks to lukenotlucas on Twitter, there's a complete list of the ways the Big 12 can shake up. This week's LHN exclusive is confirmed to be an elimination game for one of the teams. Also it is confirmed that either Oklahoma or West Virginia will play in the championship game. The % chance in the right-most column is the FPI chance for each one, so take it with a grain of salt.

DrwI4qkX0AEhyJ7.jpg

DrwI5TjW4AAFd3C.jpg

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
If you ya'll don't mind me spouting some random and pointless SA-football news:

Incarnate Word clinches their first conference title (okay they share it with Nicholls and they're in the FCS but whatever) in just their second year of tournament eligibility, while UTSA continues to be a dumpster fire in the FBS punching bag C-USA.

I'm already half-expecting IW winning both a FCS championship and winning March Madness for both men and women's basketball before UTSA ever sniffs another bowl game/gets back to dancing in March.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you ya'll don't mind me spouting some random and pointless SA-football news:

Incarnate Word clinches their first conference title (okay they share it with Nicholls and they're in the FCS but whatever) in just their second year of tournament eligibility, while UTSA continues to be a dumpster fire in the FBS punching bag C-USA.

I'm already half-expecting IW winning both a FCS championship and winning March Madness for both men and women's basketball before UTSA ever sniffs another bowl game/gets back to dancing in March.

IW balling this season? That's dope as fuck.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Welp saw the bobby firing coming after week 4 after getting destroyed by Virginia by 24, after barely beating Western Kentucky. Bobby has been infinitely less motivated in this second era here at Louisville, but after 2016 fell apart in the last 3 games largely due to him overruling Todd Grantham on defensive play calling, what really was his best shot was spent. The fire and well, anger that Bobby used to coach with in his first stint here was clearly gone from day one this time around , but even this year stared drastically off from that. Not sure if it was not having Lamar to cover for game prep issues, or the death of his father in the off season, but Petrino just doesn't care never cared about coaching this team this year, and this players never cared about playing for him.

New era begins, family tradition continues, the Brohm's are home

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For the last 3 games of the 2018 season (counting the low tier bowl game) this is the one I'm least stressed about in terms outcome, and pretty worried about injuries. Duke has already had 15 starters miss at least 1 game due to injury, and half of that number is out for the season. I saw what happened to Brown for BC, don't want that to happen to DJ or anyone else. This game is about as meaningless for both teams as you get. Duke may get a somewhat better bowl with an 8th win but thats more likely to happen vs Wake than here. If Duke can get out of DV with no substantantial injuries, its a win. Clemson trounces everyone, the team can't even feel bad.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
I dont necessarily 100% disagree with AndyCapps new tag. Definitely dont @ me.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
For the last 3 games of the 2018 season (counting the low tier bowl game) this is the one I'm least stressed about in terms outcome, and pretty worried about injuries. Duke has already had 15 starters miss at least 1 game due to injury, and half of that number is out for the season. I saw what happened to Brown for BC, don't want that to happen to DJ or anyone else. This game is about as meaningless for both teams as you get. Duke may get a somewhat better bowl with an 8th win but thats more likely to happen vs Wake than here. If Duke can get out of DV with no substantantial injuries, its a win. Clemson trounces everyone, the team can't even feel bad.

Honestly not many teams match up well with Clemson. But it is doable. Unfortunately Duke just doesn't match up well here.

But that Pitt super weapon on the other hand

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Could they not make Syracuse-Notre Dame gameday because it's a neutral site game?
They've done neutral site games before and have done NYC before too. They've also done non-ESPN games. I think this week, it was just better logistically to do it in Orlando. Add in the storyline, ABC primetime, never been, it made it a solid option. And to be honest, Times Square (likely location) isn't a college football atmosphere. UCF campus is going to be bonkers.

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
They've done neutral site games before and have done NYC before too. They've also done non-ESPN games. I think this week, it was just better logistically to do it in Orlando. Add in the storyline, ABC primetime, never been, it made it a solid option. And to be honest, Times Square (likely location) isn't a college football atmosphere. UCF campus is going to be bonkers.
Plus it's warm in Orlando.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I will be 50 in 2029 - holy fuck, I will have college aged kids by then. wtf. Stop this shit.

Look if Athens isn't oceanfront property due to rising sea levels by that time then we may be okay.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Managed to get flights, hotel, and rental car for a net of $25 after selling a ticket and using points. Wasn't expecting to go back to Orlando a week later, but for $25 out of pocket? Hard to pass up. East Orlando is going to be insane - win or lose. I've conceded I'm too old to pull off trying to get up early to get to the pit, tailgate all day, then go to an 8pm game. I plan on being at Memory Mall at least as part of the crowd, will leave campus and crash, then go back out to tailgate and drink heavily as usual before stumbling into the stadium.

Roll Tide

Last edited:

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Listening to local sports radio earlier today. Man, our defense is getting ripped to shreds by the media locally and nationally.

I mean, it is justified. Though, I wonder if we will ever fix that problem. (I realize other teams have it WAY worse though) We almost beat Georgia last year, and we will be in a similar spot if we make it again.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Colorado's fall from 5-0 and a top 20 ranking to 5-5 was not unexpected but damn. I think it's silly to fire the coach considering that 5-0 start was fools gold to begin with and everyone knew they were overrated due to an easy early schedule that would get harder in the back end. At Colorado you really can't expect a coach to keep you in title contention every year. Only nick Saban could possibly do that

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Full standings so far

Note: this is the minimum that your final score can be. After this week, it will start dropping your lowest scores until we are in the final week where it'll drop your 3 lowest.

AlteredBeast | 79
andycapps | 75
AntoneM | 17
AquaRegia | 79
ArkhamFantasy | 79
Bpfd | 55
BTM | 89
Bucknuticus | 84
Canklestank | 22
Chaosblade | 51
ChrisBliss117 | 9
ChrisR | 82