• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

ED5sYuYUcAArw29.jpg

cZoaA4A.jpg

AP Poll
  1. Clemson
  2. Bama
  3. Georgia
  4. LSU
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Ohio State
  7. Notre Dame
  8. Auburn
  9. Florida
  10. Michigan
  11. Utah
  12. Texas
  13. Penn State
  14. Wisconsin
  15. Oregon
  16. Aggie
  17. UCF
  18. Michigan State
  19. Iowa
  20. Wazzu
  21. Maryland
  22. Boise
  23. Washington
  24. Southern Cal
  25. Virginia
Notable Games (as always, times in EST and rankings AP)

Friday, September 13

UNC @ Wake Forest, 6 PM (noncon)
(20) Wazzu @ Houston, 9:15 PM

Saturday, September 14

Pitt @ (13) Penn State, noon
Stanford @ (17) UCF, 3:30 PM
(24) Southern Cal @ BYU, 3:30 PM
¡El Assico!- (19) Iowa @ Iowa State, 4 PM
(9) Florida @ Kentucky, 7 PM

pac12afaterdark-e1505105220457.png

Texas Tech @ Arizona, 10:30 PM
Montana @ (15) Oregon, 10:45 PM

Pick'ems

Week 3 pick'em (thanks to Karl2177 as always)

Pick 'em Stuff

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I-ZSSzkiTuJRVinLWufa9dqHt_1UYzqkvF6Nw3gr8nE/edit?usp=sharing

Link to overall standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16T9n_vqdMmRLK4ztuPkil58YBPDvpZcky-0iDenSJtQ/edit?usp=sharing

Link to this week's form: https://forms.gle/VBhgnzLssTHRFgzV8

This week's games:
NCST/WVU
IOWA/ISU
TTU/ARIZ
PITT/PSU
ASU/MSU
TCU/PUR
STAN/UCF
HAW/WASH
FLA/UK
KSU/MSST
FSU/UVA
FAU/BALL

DISCORD

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
PODCAST

Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. You can also find it on Spotify, Play Music, Pocket Casts, etc.

S4E8 – THE Last College Football Podcast
In episode 8 of season four of the last remaining college football podcast, we talk about week two's games as well as preview week 3 and do pick 'ems. Tennessee still hasn't won a game! We hope you enjoy.

Please subscribe, rate, and review on iTunes, send emails to [email protected] and follow us on Twitter at Ineligible_Pod.

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Good blood week potential.

Really more excited to see how some of these early starters shake out in a couple weeks when they play better teams.

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Won another $10 for Colorado to cover. Nebraska is -14 favorite against Northern Illinois, and they lost last time they played.....I think NI can keep it close enough.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason for being in Hangouts during the regular season? I can understand the off-season, but only getting 2 weeks in general OT seems low.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
MSU/ASU and Arizona/Ducks, oy vey

Also, Sooners are gonna bury Chip Kelly so bad.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree with the commentary about Washington's passing being bad because of rain.

After the storm had passed and the game resumed, very little precipitation came down. In fact, the concrete and metal surfaces in the stands were almost bone-dry when the game finished. The field surface would have been damp, but we're not talking about a soaking-wet low-visibility situation.
Besides the storm itself, Seattle's weather on Saturday was quite pleasant. The early day was muggy, and the persistent cloudiness trapped the heat. I was very comfortable outdoors at 1am Sunday in shorts and a hoodie.

Also, even had it been pouring at the Cal game, the Apple Cup last year still wouldn't be a clear warning against passing in inclement weather. The only team that had an unusually bad passing game that day was WSU. Washington's passing was happily mediocre like always!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Come on Gators let's get some revenge

I wish I was less worried about Kentucky

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
We pray for blood week. Let the blood flow free and chaos reign supreme.

As much as I want a blood week (and Lord knows I do) I just don't see it happening this week. You need feisty teams and Indiana ain't feisty.

Only upset I feel is even remotely possible is UK/UF.

Jason Kirk agrees with me (from the Watch Grid newsletter)
Years of assembling the Watch Grid (your weekly guide to the likely most watch-worthy college football games throughout each schedule) has led to me becoming defensive of each weekend's slate.

"Every college football weekend is a good college football weekend," this newsletter frequently insists, a philosophy that faces some stiff tests from time to time.

2019's Week 3 is among the stiffest I can recall. But it'll be fun!! You'll all see!!!

As always, remember the Watch Grid does not base things entirely on team quality. The Watch Grid would often rather watch two bad teams goof through overtime than watch a competent team handle business. National and conference stakes are still worth consideration, but Week 3 does not have those.

Last edited:

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes here. You can also find it on Spotify, Play Music, Pocket Casts, etc.

S4E8 – THE Last College Football Podcast
In episode 8 of season four of the last remaining college football podcast, we talk about week two's games as well as preview week 3 and do pick 'ems. Tennessee still hasn't won a game! We hope you enjoy.

Please subscribe, rate, and review on iTunes, send emails to [email protected] and follow us on Twitter at Ineligible_Pod.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Attending the MSU/ASU game. Bummed I'll forego the always-entertaining ¡El Assico!, but otherwise a good week to miss judging by that slate.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I disagree with the commentary about Washington's passing being bad because of rain.

After the storm had passed and the game resumed, very little precipitation came down. In fact, the concrete and metal surfaces in the stands were almost bone-dry when the game finished. The field surface would have been damp, but we're not talking about a soaking-wet low-visibility situation.
Besides the storm itself, Seattle's weather on Saturday was quite pleasant. The early day was muggy, and the persistent cloudiness trapped the heat. I was very comfortable outdoors at 1am Sunday in shorts and a hoodie.

Also, even had it been pouring at the Cal game, the Apple Cup last year still wouldn't be a clear warning against passing in inclement weather. The only team that had an unusually bad passing game that day was WSU. Washington's passing was happily mediocre like always!

For the record, I don't do the podcast- that's andycapps 's department.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see if Mond can fix his problem with the receivers not being 8 feet tall before the Auburn game.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Noted. I didn't watch the game or much of anything this weekend other than highlights due to being out of pocket. But thanks for the feedback.

I wish I had seen this game though because I appreciate a wild game.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Carolina coming back and Wazzu up next. Surprisingly decent Friday night.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
STONE COLD LOCK: Alabama's defense is impeccable as always, but Carolina's new QB is unscouted and pulls off surprising plays. Meanwhile the Carolina D steps up and gives the offense a chance. Final score Carolina 72 Alabama 3.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Off topic but I'm in Columbus for a wedding... any good lunch spots I should check out?

Also go Gators

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Off topic but I'm in Columbus for a wedding... any good lunch spots I should check out?

Also go Gators

Depends where you're at in the city. But north market always a good choice m, especially for hot chicken takeover and momo ghar

If you're not near downtown let me know which part and I can name some more places

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Bonus suggestion. Ray rays hog pit at land grant brewing, their special today is a philly cheese steak brisket sandwich today which is magical

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
Think my TCU frogs go down today away to Purdue. We looked awful week 1 and this is the type of game we have lost recently

Purdue 17
TCU 13

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
We could have done a little better, but we did get some points. Let's hope the defense can stop Alabama a few times.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The Buffs getting the game to OT against Airforce. Hopefully we can pull it out in OT again.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Boston College
Georgia Tech
Us
Maryland losing to Temple after whipping Syracuse

The ACC is a trash fucking conference

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Great defensive stand Gamecocks!!! Great field position. Let's turn this into 7pts!

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Damnit that was a fair call but I wish that Carolina kicker TD would have stood. Tyler White is solid. Ballsy play call too from ol' Muschamp.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Oh no GT what is you doing. At least GT puts out engineers and scientists while Citadel just puts out assholes with an inferiority complex. Go Cougars.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
WOW. How the heck did he get that lol. Please don't throw into double coverage, especially Alabama lol, again.