• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
0D5UNMU.gif

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Damn :( Hope he recovers well.

Well our schedule is real ??? for me now. Hope Trask and Jones can fill his position well.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Florida Gators: maybe (hopefully) simplifying the offense to focus back up on the run, to ease the stress on Trask and Jones, will help rebalance the offense, give Perine a chance to succeed. Switch to a strictly RPO? Problem is that we'd be wasting all that WR talent - albeit, those wideouts are great at downfield blocking and Trask and Jones have strong arms, so the wideouts and TEs should still get decent opportunities for catches and running in open space.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Florida Gators: maybe (hopefully) simplifying the offense to focus back up on the run, to ease the stress on Trask and Jones, will help rebalance the offense, give Perine a chance to succeed. Switch to a strictly RPO? Problem is that we'd be wasting all that WR talent - albeit, those wideouts are great at downfield blocking and Trask and Jones have strong arms, so the wideouts and TEs should still get decent opportunities for catches and running in open space.

I strongly disagree we should focus on the run. Our OL has been garbage in run blocking. So unless they magically get a lot better, we need to embrace a more passing centrist offense. Our WRs right now our clearly the strength of the offense. We shouldn't waste them attempting to make the run game better.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
I strongly disagree we should focus on the run. Our OL has been garbage in run blocking. So unless they magically get a lot better, we need to embrace a more passing centrist offense. Our WRs right now our clearly the strength of the offense. We shouldn't waste them attempting to make the run game better.

I'm pessimistically expecting that our conference foes will naturally see our inexperienced QBs as a weakness to pounce on.. so they'll blanket wideouts and take LBs out of the box and minimize down linemen. They'll probably blitz from every angle to cause confusion. The only natural response is to be strong in the run. And with Mullen that adjustment hasn't been a problem in the past. I think the key will just be de-emphasizing pass protection in favor of run blocking. We know with halfway decent blocking Perine can wreak havok. And success in the run will open up passing options (classic Spurrier formula).

As I understand it, run blocking is typically easier to execute than good pass blocking (see Navy & Citadel), so it should be a more secure strategy, especially with underperforming OL.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pessimistically expecting that our conference foes will naturally see our inexperienced QBs as a weakness to pounce on.. so they'll blanket wideouts and take LBs out of the box and minimize down linemen. They'll probably blitz from every angle to cause confusion. The only natural response is to be strong in the run. And with Mullen that adjustment hasn't been a problem in the past. I think the key will just be de-emphasizing pass protection in favor of run blocking. We know with halfway decent blocking Perine can wreak havok. And success in the run will open up passing options (classic Spurrier formula).

As I understand it, run blocking is typically easier to execute than good pass blocking (see Navy & Citadel), so it should be a more secure strategy, especially with underperforming OL.

I mean, sure if defenses go all in on stopping the pass, we should run the ball. But if they are just playing a base defense and we run a lot to try and 'work on it,' games are going to be closer than they need to be. We should use the pass to set up the run this season.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The iowa rivalry is so weird, Iowa State had terrible teams that had no business being on the same field as iowa taking them down to the wire, and now that they've actually turned the corner and become a formidable team they choke the game away. College rivalry games are crazy.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like PAC 12 made it official that refs fucked up on the ASU vs MSU final play.

Still doesn't matter. They got outcoached at the most important times and the offense couldn't finish (had nearly double the yardage compared to ASUs offense).

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017

Other additions that weren't in the article include additional parking across University Blvd, a hotel, wrestling and volleyball practice spaces, closing in the North part of Jack Trice while retaining the grass hills. Pollard said that he refers to this as the Power and Lights District of Ames, Iowa.