• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is the worst college town?

• Ann Arbor

Votes: 39 27.3%
  • Chapel Hill

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Gainesville

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Aubren

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Knoxville

Votes: 37 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
DO9Rj4PWkAADXE0.jpg

DO88di8U8AAujJ6.jpg

DPH8dfKUQAAMk_o.jpg

DO8IMWuXUAAdBoH.jpg

giphy.gif

College Football Playoff Rankings
1) Alabama
2) Miami
3) Clemson
4) Oklahoma
5) Wisconsin
6) Auburn
7) Georgia
8) Notre Dame
9) Ohio State
10) {Redacted}
11) Southern Cal
12) Texas Christian
13) Washington State
14) Mississippi State
15) Central Florida
16) Michigan State
17) Washington
18) LSU
19) Oklahoma State
20) Memphis
21) Stanford
22) Northwestern
23) Boise State
24) South Carolina
25) Virginia Tech

Week 13 Notable Games (all rankings CFP and all times EST)

Thursday, November 23

Egg Bowl- Ole Miss @ #14 Mississippi State, 7:30 PM

Friday, November 24

#2 Miami @ Pitt, 12 PM
War on I-4- South Florida @ #15 Central Florida Fighting GoldenEye 007s, 3:30 PM

Saturday, November 25

#9 Ohio State @ Michigan, 12 PM- You don't get the honor of being called "The Game".
Clean, Old Fashioned Hate- #7 Georgia @ Georgia Tech, 12 PM
Louisville @ Kentucky, 12 PM- Watch Lamar run. Lamar runs fast. Lamar is going back to New York. Lamar deserves better than a man best known for crashing his motorcycle with his mistress.
Florida State @ Florida, 12 PM- For some godforsaken reason, this game is on ESPN. Not ESPN8 or whatever, actual ESPN. Tune in if you like dumpster fires.
Boston College @ Syracuse, 12:20 PM- One of these teams is going bowling. It isn't the team that beat Clemson.
Duke @ Wake Forest, 12:30 PM
Iron Bowl- #1 Bama @ #6 Auburn, 3:30 PM
"We're a basketball school anyway" Classic- North Carolina @ NC State, 3:30 PM- There are no winners here. Only sadness and pain.
Fire Dave Doeren
Vandy @ Tennessee, 4 PM- One of these teams will be winless in conference play. It will be the team that has Brady Hoke as their interim head coach. Losing to Vandy again will make Tennessee do something stupid like giving $10 million per year to a man that hasn't coached in a decade and is known for talking about spiders and bananas on the television.
Palmetto Bowl- #3 Clemson @ #24 South Carolina, 7:30 PM
#8 Notre Dame @ #21 Stanford, 8 PM
Apple Cup- #13 Wazzu @ #17 Washington, 8 PM

#PAC12ANDMWCAFTERDARK

BYU @ Hawaii, 9 PM
Colorado @ Utah, 10 PM
Utah State @ Air Force, 10:15 PM

Feel free to @ me if your rivalry is missing or I don't have the proper name. It's a surprisingly weak slate so I'm more than happy to include any rivalries that members have personal ties to. Subtitle is weak since last week was uneventful so feel free to suggest a better one.

Happy Hate Week y'all!

Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Pick 'em Stuff

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xGA4CyuO0HGkmUkpE3kcDmgUb9gMGYXC17LegPQsAbI/edit?usp=sharing

Link to standings(you care about the Score column): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

This week's games:
UGA@GT
FSU@FLA
BC@SYR
BAMA@AUB
ISU@KSU
WVU@OU
OSU@MICH
IND@PUR
ND@STAN
WSU@WASH
BSU@FRES
UTSA@LT

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/ILH8rSZGxtXJnbND3

The Official CFB-ERA podcast, The Decided Schematic Advantage- records every Wednesday at 9 PM

Episode 41 - Wivalwy Week

Andy has a hard time saying rivalry once and then it got even harder to say it correctly. We talk about last week's awful games as well as the great games this coming weekend. We answer listener questions about which rivalry game has the best name, and many others. Rate the podcast on iTunes and we'll read it on air next week.

Subscribe here in iTunes or search for The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice.

Last edited:

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Hope UCF wins so they can possibly only move down to 16th in the standings after this week

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I'm fine with UCF not making the playoffs but the committee is really driving home the point to not even bother if you're in the G5. Its impossible for a G5 school to do better than what UCF is doing this year and they can't even crack the top 10.

Why even consider them D1 at all if they're not allowed at the table to begin with?

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Lol at Miss St being ranked so high. Get the fuck out of here.

But they have a... wait for it...

Q U A L I T Y L O S S
U
A
L
I
T
Y
L
O
S
S

I'm fine with UCF not making the playoffs but the committee is really driving home the point to not even bother if you're in the G5. Its impossible for a G5 school to do better than what UCF is doing this year and they can't even crack the top 10.

Why even consider them D1 at all if they're not allowed at the table to begin with?

S&P+ has y'all in the top 5. No reason why you shouldn't be in the top 10 of the committee's rankings.

Wazzu and Mississippi State would lose by at least a score to UCF on a neutral field.

Nov 2, 2017
I don't support this. Rivalries tear our country apart. Ashamed is what should be felt in this thread. Goodnight.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Badgers could beat Minnesota by 50 and the committee will be like "nah #5"

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lonestar is gonna be pissed :P

The ESPN "experts" are fucking idiots

Also hate week, just like every year get to spend Thanksgiving with my Buckeye loving family...

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Miami fl should be #1. What has Alabama done this year? Beat a Mississippi school and beat a team that lost to Troy?

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rocketz, Toledo should have no problem running all over the Zips. I'm looking forward to it.

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Miami fl should be #1. What has Alabama done this year? Beat a Mississippi school and beat a team that lost to Troy?
I don't think Miami's schedule is all that much better. A decisive victory over a (still, always and forever) over ranked Notre Dame team and a ho-hum win at home against #24 Va Tech does not an impressive resume make. Plus an extra bye week to avoid injuries early in the season with a canceled game against Arkansas State.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a Texas win this week will end the head coaching career of Kliff Kingsbury...at Tech anyway
I know a lot of Aggie fans wanting him back as OC. Seems to me we're better off without the extreme tempo air raid, and it's a possible Charlie Weis situation (did Kliff make Johnny better, or did Johnny make Kliff look smart).

Either way, the "leaks" have started in earnest, ship it'll probably be a moot point.

Quake1028

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Miami's schedule is all that much better. A decisive victory over a (still, always and forever) over ranked Notre Dame team and a ho-hum win at home against #24 Va Tech does not an impressive resume make. Plus an extra bye week to avoid injuries early in the season with a canceled game against Arkansas State.

Counter points: A woodshed beating over #3 Notre Dame that wasn't even as close as 33 points. A 3 score win over Virginia Tech, holding them 120 yards (and would have been much more except for a garbage time drive) under their season average, and 21 points under their season average. And, losing weeks of practice, having multiple games rescheduled, and having to be off campus for almost two weeks to throw the early part of the season into complete chaos.

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Counter points: A woodshed beating over #3 Notre Dame that wasn't even as close as 33 points. A 3 score win over Virginia Tech, holding them 120 yards (and would have been much more except for a garbage time drive) under their season average, and 21 points under their season average. And, losing weeks of practice, having multiple games rescheduled, and having to be off campus for almost two weeks to throw the early part of the season into complete chaos.
Jesus, I thought we had a soft schedule until I looked at Miami's pre VA Tech slate of games. The only team there with a pulse, thanks to Bama unfortunately ending Francois' season, was Toledo. So, congratulations to surviving murderers' row.

Miami has a fantastic team, but y'all aren't in a position to throw shade at any other team's schedule.

Quake1028

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I thought we had a soft schedule until I looked at Miami's pre VA Tech slate of games. The only team there with a pulse, thanks to Bama unfortunately ending Francois' season, was Toledo. So, congratulations to surviving murderers' row.

Miami has a fantastic team, but y'all aren't in a position to throw shade at any other team's schedule.

I don't remember throwing any shade at your schedule. Fact is though, Notre Dame is a better win than anything you have done so far. No offense, but I have to be a huge Auburn fan this week. If they win and we win, that #1 ranking would be mighty sweet heading into Championship Week.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Something to keep in mind as losses start to occur and teams start to make their case for the playoffs.

Wins Over Teams With Winning Records:

6 - Georgia
6 - Notre Dame
6 - Clemson
5 - Alabama
5 - USC
5 - Wisconsin
5 - Oklahoma
5 - TCU
4 - Miami
4 - Auburn
3 - Ohio State

— CFB Talk (@FansOfCFB) November 20, 2017

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain to me why colleges give extensions to coaches who have contracts that are nowhere near ending? It just seems like all downside with no upside. Minnesota gives Fleck an extension for going under .500. Either he keeps the trajectory going upwards and he bails anyway (or you have to give him a pay raise to keep him) or the team flounders in mediocrity and you're stuck with him because you decided to give him an extension to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.