• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your favorite cupcake matchup this week?

• UAB @ Florida

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Mercer @ Bama

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Kentucky @ Georgia

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • UCLA @ USC

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • #7 Wofford @ South Carolina

Votes: 15 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Defense bailed us out again today. Offense has been sputtering and playing down to their opponent all season long. Not sure why we weren't running all over ucla's shitty run defense. We'd get a long run and then pass for three straight downs. Just weird.

Glad to get the win but it felt pretty lackluster. A game we should've dominated.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Once in a while i do but one of my good friends is a huge Kings fan and he gives me updates on the team. He wants to go check them out in Vegas at the T Mobile Arena

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Let's check in on the Michigan folks

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/1-7-vs-top-10-teams

parks-and-rec-eek.gif

Unfavorable comparisons to John Cooper? YEESH

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Schools like us that have an annual game against a nonconference p5 opponent plus another one typically would likely drop that annual one if 9 game conference schedules happened.

Would affect Florida, Florida State, USCe, Clemson, GT, Kentucky, and Louisville.
This excuse is pretty lame... for one it's only 8 out of 28 teams. Another thing against it is that USC, Iowa, ISU and Stanford all manage to play 9 conference games while having a P5 OOC rivalry.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
We... won? We won?! Our defense gave up sixty yards total in the second half? What madness is this?

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
Chip Kelly was asked about Florida this morning.

Kevin Negandhi: "We also have to address one thing. Last week, I'm sure you know, some were tracking a Gainesville plane that came around the area here in Connecticut. I'm sure you've heard about it. And the dots were connecting you, potentially, to the Florida Gators. What kind of interest do you have in the Gators head coach opening?"

Chip Kelly: "Is this your way of firing me?," Kelly said to laughter. "This was a bad telestration so now you try to ease someone out the door? You're like, well, maybe we have a soft place for you to land."

Kevin Negandhi: "We want you here, but obviously you'd be in demand on the outside."

Chip Kelly: "I was in New Hampshire last week. I really enjoy doing what I'm doing now. I think Florida is an outstanding program and has had so much success with Urban [Meyer] and Steve Spurrier. I think whoever gets that job would be really lucky."

Kevin Negandhi: "OK, so you weren't here?"

Chip Kelly: "I wasn't in Bristol. I'm in Bristol on the weekends and in New Hampshire during the week."
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-coaching-rumors-espn-sportscenter-appearance

Video
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21469360

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
As a native son of Georgia I find this thread's title to be offensive. As Gator fan I find this thread's title to be wildly accurate.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Badgers just got a huge recruit today 4 Star Offensive tackle Logan Brown from Michigan. Probably saw that info spread yesterday about how many Linemen the badger send to the NFL and their pay. ;)
It's pretty rare that we pull in these highly rated recruits. So I'm pretty hyped.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Any and every stat you can share about Sumlin's time in College Station is hard for me to believe.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Mizzou is in the East. If we had beaten Florida or LSU that first year (both close games if I recall), we would have had the tiebreaker and gone against Florida (probably) in Atlanta.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Three. Last night was a road win. He'd have more, but the Arkansas game is neutral site, stupidly.

He's beaten up on the East decently and does fine on the road. Problem is boosters don't go to the road games.

That stat about having the fourth most wins is telling. It's where I think we should average. Guess the boosters want high highs and low lows instead of decent consistency. Or that we're cheating as much as Ole Miss but haven't seen some of the rewards they have.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it looks worse than that because Aggy has never seriously competed for their division outside of Manziel? And even then, Mizzou won it over them, right?

What? Missouri and A&M aren't in the same division. But I guess it still makes sense in hindsight. Aggies are annoyed with Sumlin for starting like 7-0 every year before falling to like 8-5. That's about in line with his all time record there.

Still, when looking at the greater picture...not sure what more they want in the conference at present. Even UGA's only really done better than them in that span because they're in the shittier division, by far.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What? Missouri and A&M aren't in the same division. But I guess it still makes sense in hindsight. Aggies are annoyed with Sumlin for starting like 7-0 every year before falling to like 8-5. That's about in line with his all time record there.

Still, when looking at the greater picture...not sure what more they want in the conference at present. Even UGA's only really done better than them in that span because they're in the shittier division, by far.
Eh, assumed Mizzou would be in their division - not familiar with the divisional makeup of the SEC or really any other conference. Either way, same sentiments. And it's the fact in general a program like Mizzou has won their division at all and Aggy hasn't. Even if they don't directly compete in the same one.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, assumed Mizzou would be in their division - not familiar with the divisional makeup of the SEC or really any other conference. Either way, same sentiments. And it's the fact in general a program like Mizzou has won their division at all and Aggy hasn't. Even if they don't directly compete in the same one.

Missouri winning the East is a blight on UGA and UF. That's been a pretty weak division the last few years, and they let Mizzou win it twice in a row. A&M is in probably the toughest division in CFB with Alabama, LSU, and Auburn.

Sucks, but, who do you hire that consistently beats those teams right now?

I think Sumlin's biggest problem is not being great at de-recruiting his QB's.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Given the A&M budget, facilities, and location, I'm not sure why some would be shocked that others are starting to get antsy after a few years not performing.
Perhaps I was spoiled being on campus during the Fran and Sherman years. I remember losing to Baylor. I remember losing to Arkansas State. I remember kicking from the two (twice!) against a top ranked Oklahoma. That gif of the cadets surrounding Reveille against Texas Tech to celebrate the win only to blow the game at the last second? I was there.

Going to the SEC West and putting up a consistent 8-5 should be celebrated after those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.