• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should GoldenEye's bachelor party wear sharkfucker shirts?

• Yes

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Jim McElwain fucked a shark

Votes: 67 69.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
shark.0.jpg

rocket.gif

This is not Jim McElwain, despite reports to the contrary.

DNUrLuGV4AA-_kA.jpg

This is Jim McElwain's face on a decidedly non-McElwain body.

440px-Jim_McElwain.png

This is Jim McElwain, the now former head coach of the Florida Gators and a noted non-fucker of sharks. You may have heard that he was fired this week, despite winning two straight division titles. Why was he fired? Who's to say? I'm sure it had ZERO to do with the act of coitus with sharks.

Y'all want some hot #sharkfacts? Sure you do!

Sharkfacts4.png

Sharkfacts2.png

College Football Playoff Rankings

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) Ohio State
7) {Redacted}
8) Texas Christian
9) Wisconsin
10) Miami
11) Oklahoma State
12) Washington
13) Virginia Tech
14) Auburn
15) Iowa State
16) Mississippi State
17) Southern Cal
18) Central Florida
19) Louisiana State
20) NC State
21) Stanford
22) Arizona
23) Memphis
24) Michigan State
25) WashingtonState

Week 10 Notable Games (all rankings CFP and all times EST)

Saturday, November 4

#7 {Redacted} @ #24 Michigan State, 12 PM
Baylor @ Kansas, 12 PM
#4 Clemson @ #20 NC State, 3:30 PM
#15 Iowa State @ West Virginia, 3:30 PM
#21 Stanford @ #25 Wazzu, 3:30 PM
Bedlam- #5 Oklahoma @ #11 Oklahoma State, 4 PM
#19 LSU @ #2 Alabama, 8 PM
#13 Virginia Tech @ #10 Miami, 8 PM

#PAC12AFTERDARK

Colorado @ Arizona State, 9 PM
Oregon @ #12 Washington, 10 PM
#22 Arizona @ #17 USC, 10:45 PM

Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Pick 'em Stuff

Week 9 results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v6ZAoRWpZECZB4tQF3z0n9cOt2VOTPc1535DBFs75B4/edit?usp=sharing

Notice: I've changed it to drop the lowest 3 now. Due to the shenaneganry of moving forums and not everyone getting into the Discord, I've dropped another week. Also, I will be doing this on Tuesday, starting today and going forward to account for the CFP rankings.
Overall standings (you care about the Score column): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

Week 10 games:
CLEM@NCST
VT@MIAMI
OU@OKST - Bonus points for total score
ISU@WVU
PSU@MSU
NW@NEB
STAN@WSU
ARIZ@USC
MISS@UK
LSU@BAMA
ARMY@AFA
UCF@SMU

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/0AQkdKVx7bke3yMq1

CFB Era's Official Podcast, The Decided Schematic Advantage- records live in our Discord every Wednesday at 9 PM

Episode 38 - We Only Count Wanked Wins in Here

We talk about Andrew getting really drunk at the Penn State vs Ohio State Game, McElwain getting fired by the Gatas, the rest of the games from last week, we talk about Bedlam this week, Andrew's #LOCKHARDCOLDPICKOFTHE WEEK, and go over pick em's. The coin hit .500 last week, as you'd expect.

Subscribe here in iTunes or search for The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice.

Last edited:

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are living in an age where you can lose to Iowa state and still be ranked ahead of 8-0 Wisconsin

I mean, it's a pretty accurate ranking lol

I think they put Georgia #1 so when they inevitably lose to Alabama in the SECCG they can justify keeping them in the playoffs

And nah. They're there because they have the best resume of all the undefeateds. Simple.

Tosu wont get in over the sec champ / defending national champ / oklahoma who beat them at home / notre dame who has a much stronger sos.

Though the chances all those teams win out is slim to none.

Eh. They get in over Notre Dame if Alabama is the SEC Champ. If UGA is, there might be some upset people in Columbus, depending on Okie, Clemson, and ND all holding serve.

Ganhyun

Oct 26, 2017
Go Dawgs!

That ranking makes me nervous though. Hoping Kirby keeps the guys level headed and ready to play.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP LSU.

Bama just got the bulletin board material they needed.

Guice already provided that.

"They stacked the box the last couple of years cause they're afraid of us."

1) We never did. Never needed to. Didn't respect Harris or Etling enough and knew we could stop the run without doing so.

2. Breh, LSU hasn't beaten us since 2011. They're not afraid of y'all lmfao

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
Rabble rabble Iowa State being disrespected. By the end I think the Big12 teams will all beat each other and none will be close to the final 4

BeastJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rankings look fine to me except for Clemson. They should be below OK and Ohio St because their loss is so bad and their best win also isn't as good as the other two.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rabble rabble Iowa State being disrespected. By the end I think the Big12 teams will all beat each other and none will be close to the final 4

This is exactly where we're headed, and why I don't think Ohio State has anything to worry about at this point. Michigan doesn't have a prayer against them, and their loss to Oklahoma won't mean anything if Okie drops one more.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Eyeball test tell me that Clemson or Notre Dame look as good as tOSU looks right now. Better loss than either of them, too.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
Year we won the title we were #16 first rankings.

I say this every year and I 100% believe it, if we're close to top 4 and going against teams like wash, okie st, rdy, Miami we get in because of $$$$ alone, same for bama etc

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Alabama not #1 is great. I don't even care we're not in the top 4. Looks like Mayfield paid off some voters tho

Oct 25, 2017
People getting upset at initial CFP ratings. Like any of this matters for now. Hell, winning your conference title isn't a guarantee of anything.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
ND has the best loss, but I still think OSU is playing better right now and will have a better resume if all three win out.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Call me in 5 Weeks. Honestly not worried about playoffs until after the SECCG. But I am kind of thankful that Jawja got that hoodoo on them to open the year. has anyone opened the Playoff rankings #1 and won it?

All we really know for sure is that by all accounts the PAC 12 is out. I can't imagine a scenario where they get someone in even with 1 loss.

BIG needs to watch out too because I think the committee is going to look for a reason to keep them out. All we can really expect from the committee is to not expect anything.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Call me in 5 Weeks. Honestly not worried about playoffs until after the SECCG. But I am kind of thankful that Jawja got that hoodoo on them to open the year. has anyone opened the Playoff rankings #1 and won it?

All we really know for sure is that by all accounts the PAC 12 is out. I can't imagine a scenario where they get someone in even with 1 loss.

BIG needs to watch out too because I think the committee is going to look for a reason to keep them out. All we can really expect from the committee is to not expect anything.
It's not that difficult to imagine. Conferences cannibalize themselves and then have some upsets in non-SEC CCGs and a 1-loss UW gets in.

Especially if ND loses another game or two.

Not something I'd necessarily put money on, mind you, but stranger things have happened.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kam Pettway broke his shoulder or something so Auburn won't be #14 for long

He not even their primary back this year. And while it's not as effective as Bama's, Auburn's system is set up to where virtually any back on their roster is gonna be successful. They'll be ok. This won't be the reason they lose to Alabama and UGA, in any case.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Can't wait for VT to shoot up into the top 10 when we inevitably beat Miami on Saturday!
Other than that, looks like another good week of games
That UCF fan that said he was about to drink bleach watching them play Austin Peay last thread had me dying

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Pick 'em Stuff

Week 9 results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v6ZAoRWpZECZB4tQF3z0n9cOt2VOTPc1535DBFs75B4/edit?usp=sharing

Notice: I've changed it to drop the lowest 3 now. Due to the shenaneganry of moving forums and not everyone getting into the Discord, I've dropped another week. Also, I will be doing this on Tuesday, starting today and going forward to account for the CFP rankings.
Overall standings (you care about the Score column): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

Week 10 games:
CLEM@NCST
VT@MIAMI
OU@OKST - Bonus points for total score
ISU@WVU
PSU@MSU
NW@NEB
STAN@WSU
ARIZ@USC
MISS@UK
LSU@BAMA
ARMY@AFA
UCF@SMU

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/0AQkdKVx7bke3yMq1

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Ryseing, you can put the link to the pickem and the discord into the thread. We can hide text now.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017

Washington has a chance but they'd need a little bit of help. 2014 and 2015 had playoff teams at 16 and 15 in the starting rankings with one loss and they made it.

And no, none of the teams that were #1 at the first CFP ranking won the title. If you're interested, they were:

2014: #1 Mississippi State. National Champion: #16 Ohio State
2015: #1 Clemson. National Champion: #4 Alabama
2016: #1 Alabama. National Champion: #2 Clemson

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I'm dumbfounded at Georgia being #1 above Alabama. Thinking about it, the top four is nuts. Ohio State not in there after beating PSU, but Clemson who lost to Syracuse and, IMO, has looked worse than OSU are in there? Weird. Also, I as a Wisky fan can't even be upset about #9. Some of these games are rough and we haven't played anyone formidable. The B10 title game will show who this team is.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm dumbfounded at Georgia being #1 above Alabama. Thinking about it, the top four is nuts. Ohio State not in there after beating PSU, but Clemson who lost to Syracuse and, IMO, has looked worse than OSU are in there? Weird. Also, I as a Wisky fan can't even be upset about #9. Some of these games are rough and we haven't played anyone formidable. The B10 title game will show who this team is.

Georgia has a great win over ND. Alabama's best win is over a middling TAMU. Alabama has blown out a lot of their terrible schedule, but Georgia hasn't exactly struggled with theirs.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017

Bama's "best" win so far has been FSU and every FSU fan will tell you exactly how terrible they are or do their customary trick of simply not showing up for their school. (They then talk tons of shit about Miami for doing the same.)
Georgia's best win is against Notre Dame, who has a much better football team then they have any business having right now. They're just playing tough. Their coach should still be facing negligent homicide/manslaughter charges, though. Fuck them.
Clemson is still the defending champs and their loss to the Orange Bois came when their QB, who was already nursing an injury, went down super early to a concussion. They bounced back exactly when they needed to bounce back.
OSU has looked mediocre as hell and was exposed for such. This happens early because it always happens early. They'll light up like Christmas and ride the rest of this out, but they haven't looked good by any stretch.

Honestly, Wisconsin and Miami deserve to be higher. They haven't lost the games they shouldn't have lost (TCU and OU...) Miami, in specific, shares a win with Bama and has beaten the team that beat Clemson. They can't keep getting beat up over not playing because of a state of emergency. And I fucking hate the U, fwiw.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Wisconsin and Miami are being fucked by the committee right now because their schedules are ass. Committee is sending a message that SOS matters.

Even for them, if they were to win out, it would take care of itself.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Washington has a chance but they'd need a little bit of help. 2014 and 2015 had playoff teams at 16 and 15 in the starting rankings with one loss and they made it.

And no, none of the teams that were #1 at the first CFP ranking won the title. If you're interested, they were:

2014: #1 Mississippi State. National Champion: #16 Ohio State
2015: #1 Clemson. National Champion: #4 Alabama
2016: #1 Alabama. National Champion: #2 Clemson

Was joking on my brother with this. Was glad that Bama is 2.

Georgia has a great win over ND. Alabama's best win is over a middling TAMU. Alabama has blown out a lot of their terrible schedule, but Georgia hasn't exactly struggled with theirs.

I said it earlier, but Alabama's and Georgia's overall all schedule isn't that much different in total. Not that I am complaining they are #1. It's on them to not choke out the rest of the way.

You can use any measure you want, but Sagarin works well.
Code:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
College Football 2017 through games of October 28 Saturday                                                                                  
                               RATING    W   L  SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 |  PREDICTOR   | GOLDEN_MEAN  |  RECENT
    HOME ADVANTAGE=[  2.14]                                               [  2.14]       [  2.14]       [  2.14]
   1  Alabama              A  = 102.22    8   0   69.96(  55)    0   0  |    0   0  |  102.15    1 |  102.55    1 |  101.69    1
   2  Ohio State           A  =  97.97    7   1   72.99(  37)    1   1  |    1   1  |   98.69    2 |   97.28    2 |   94.50    6
   3  Penn State           A  =  97.24    7   1   74.54(  24)    0   1  |    3   1  |   97.82    3 |   95.48    3 |   95.56    4
   4  Georgia              A  =  95.57    8   0   70.78(  51)    1   0  |    2   0  |   95.55    4 |   94.28    5 |   96.85    2
   5  Notre Dame           A  =  95.38    7   1   75.78(  12)    0   1  |    3   1  |   95.44    5 |   93.89    6 |   96.44    3
   6  Clemson              A  =  94.29    7   1   78.10(   4)    1   0  |    4   0  |   93.99    6 |   94.88    4 |   94.91    5
   7  Washington           A  =  91.28    7   1   68.26(  64)    0   0  |    0   0  |   91.94    7 |   90.62   10 |   87.93   14
   8  Auburn               A  =  90.69    6   2   71.37(  45)    0   1  |    1   2  |   90.75    8 |   91.08    8 |   89.31   11
   9  Oklahoma             A  =  90.63    7   1   73.67(  28)    1   0  |    2   1  |   89.90   10 |   93.05    7 |   92.34    7
  10  Oklahoma State       A  =  90.33    7   1   73.20(  31)    0   0  |    1   1  |   90.46    9 |   89.76   11 |   89.67
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Other places have a larger spread. But overall there isn't a lot of spread in between the top teams in advanced metric shit... http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

I love this shit. I know its not fun, but as a data guy this is great.

CPI is great too, and the real difference maker is Opponent Opponent's Win %
http://cpiratings.com/archives/current.html

Last edited:

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really can't complain about Wisconsin's ranking. Northwestern is easily the best team the Badgers have played.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Bama's "best" win so far has been FSU and every FSU fan will tell you exactly how terrible they are or do their customary trick of simply not showing up for their school. (They then talk tons of shit about Miami for doing the same.)
Georgia's best win is against Notre Dame, who has a much better football team then they have any business having right now. They're just playing tough. Their coach should still be facing negligent homicide/manslaughter charges, though. Fuck them.
Clemson is still the defending champs and their loss to the Orange Bois came when their QB, who was already nursing an injury, went down super early to a concussion. They bounced back exactly when they needed to bounce back.
OSU has looked mediocre as hell and was exposed for such. This happens early because it always happens early. They'll light up like Christmas and ride the rest of this out, but they haven't looked good by any stretch.

Honestly, Wisconsin and Miami deserve to be higher. They haven't lost the games they shouldn't have lost (TCU and OU...) Miami, in specific, shares a win with Bama and has beaten the team that beat Clemson. They can't keep getting beat up over not playing because of a state of emergency. And I fucking hate the U, fwiw.
Clemson's position seems largely based on their wins against opponents in the Top 25, rather than their loss.

Clemson - wins over 13 and 14, loss >25
Oklahoma - win over 6, loss 15

At this point though it seems like the committee has this hierarchy: SOS>Top 25 wins>head-to-head>better loss

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Miami isn't getting beat up over not playing in a hurricane. They're getting beat up because they're barely skating by what's been a whatever schedule. Same with Wisconsin. Neither team has any need to complain either. If they do what they're supposed to and win out, they're in. Hell, if they drop a game but win their conferences, they'd still have an argument. Miami's game against ND will tell us a lot about them, but judging off what we've seen of both teams, I'd expect ND to wipe the floor with em.

Everyone is ranked about where they should be. Bama's best win is against A&M at this point, but we're about to start Amen Corner. Beat LSU, Mississippi State and Auburn like we should and we'll probably jump UGA during the week before we play them tbh. Not that it'd matter. Winner between us in ATL goes, period.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017

wut

They looked like ass vs OU but outside of that theyve turned it on, the last 5 games in particular they have looked the part

Status
Not open for further replies.