• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuck?

• Pedo State

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Gata

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Baylor

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 68 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
I could see UF go after Pruitt if they want a fairly successful defensive coach with a lot of SEC pedgiree and experience and success.

Dude's turn is coming.

After Muschamp, there is no way we are going after a defensive guy, especially one with now HC experience. We are going to get an offensive guy. Turning around the offense is priority #1, but ultimately it is going to be about winning championships.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin at #4 in the AP Poll, which is what I expected (in particular being jumped by Ohio State). Badgers are still overrated, IMO. I would at the very least move Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Penn State ahead of Wisconsin as all those teams have more impressive wins than anything Wisconsin has done and took their losses to teams that are far better than anyone the Badgers have faced. Obviously at the end of the day it'll work itself out. Hopefully they can prove themselves worthy of their current ranking, and if not they'll fall.

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
k1nwdprxtjqa.jpg

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
How is Butch Jones lasting out Mac?

Florida won the east two years in a row???

Wtf is this

His relationship with the administration is shot and the offense still isn't ranked in the top 100. Considering he was brought in to fix the offense...

So is this weeks thread going to be dedicated to Mac?

What do you think? (Yes)

Side note- this week's thread will be going up after the CFP rankings come out on Tuesday.

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
Make Bob Stoops say no....... again. Chip Kelly or Scott Frost. They wouldn't have to wait for Kelly or work through a buyout deal.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Urban also walked in to some good recruits and Tim Tebow his first season.

Urban didn't have Alabama and UGA recruiting in this environment, nor Ohio State etc poaching Florida kids.

Like yeah, Urbs was solid but also saw the writing on the wall, or just stopped caring or something, heart whatever...

Fact is that UF is in a much worse spot today than they were then. They are also in a much more competitive and tough CFB landscape at the moment.

To me, they need someone who can heavily recruit Florida (the proverbial wall), get some wins against Kirby and Saban for some GA kids, and quickly get that talent level back up. Not sure there are any coaches like that right now. I think they need a big name. Like, I hate to say it, but just for reference, Gruden. Only for reference. But try to think of someone who can go in to a QBs house and say, look, I can get you to the next level.

You got Bama and UGA essentially divvying up the recruits in the SEC areas thanks to the ineptness of the other teams in the league, you gotta have someone who can go after that. I just can't 100% think of any names atm.

Stoops is only 57. Honestly, I agree, make him say no.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the Florida Georgia game. Probably the worst loss I've been to, but oddly it wasn't as awful to experience as some of them. Probably because I was expecting a loss going into it, and the game was basically over after 5 minutes. So the rest of the time was mostly just laughing at it. Like, the Michigan game was a worse experience because I had hopes at that point

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I ain't say it was bad. But it ain't anywhere near Georgia. Michigan doing well doesn't have the effect a Georgia or a Texas doing well does because programs like that already have an advantage in recruiting at home. Nobody cares about Michigan walling off their state.

UGA's year wasn't what got Mac (and soon, Butch) fired, but it sure as shit was a factor.
I see your point, but Georgia has not walled off the state(yet), even we have had some success there.(two top 15 players in the state this year and last year's top player). Michigan doing well effects everyone. We are getting top players in both Texas(ie we have a top 10 player from Texas this year) and Georgia. We used to stick to the Midwest and a couple of players out of Florida and California. Now we simply skim the top off of Michigan and hardly even go after Ohio anymore. 10 years ago, the top classes were based off Home recruiting advantages, now, the top classes are very nationalized. It used to be that a Big Ten team going into Georgia or Texas and taking a top player was unheard of, now both Michigan and Ohio State do it on a consistent basis.

I just think that as recruiting continues to become more national, that regional advantages that southern teams had will continue to go down.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I see your point, but Georgia has not walled off the state(yet), even we have had some success there.(two top 15 players in the state this year and last year's top player). Michigan doing well effects everyone. We are getting top players in both Texas(ie we have a top 10 player from Texas this year) and Georgia. We used to stick to the Midwest and a couple of players out of Florida and California. Now we simply skim the top off of Michigan and hardly even go after Ohio anymore. 10 years ago, the top classes were based off Home recruiting advantages, now, the top classes are very nationalized. It used to be that a Big Ten team going into Georgia or Texas and taking a top player was unheard of, now both Michigan and Ohio State do it on a consistent basis.

I just think that as recruiting continues to become more national, that regional advantages that southern teams had will continue to go down.
Walling off the state means taking 10 of the top 15 in the state, like what happened in 2017. That is far and away better than what Richt did and much better than Florida is doing, though they have a lot more programs in the state to compete with. You're not going to keep 100% of the prospects in state.

The only player I remember going up against Michigan on was Isaiah Wilson, and we won that.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Walling off the state means taking 10 of the top 15 in the state, like what happened in 2017. That is far and away better than what Richt did and much better than Florida is doing, though they have a lot more programs in the state to compete with. You're not going to keep 100% of the prospects in state.

The only player I remember going up against Michigan on was Isaiah Wilson, and we won that.
Aubrey Solomon, #2 player in Georgia is who I was referring to(though tbf it was a Michigan-Alabama battle, with Georgia a distant third). Yeah last year you got 10 of top 15(although the top 2 left the state), but this year you only have 3 of the top 15, this will probably go up, but even still I hardly consider that walling off the state.

Edit: 24/7 link
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-F...Rankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=GA

Last edited:

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately not, been hectic at work and then my wife was in a friends wedding so was busy with that Friday and Saturday and then saw my acct here approved.
Sent you an invite, always good to have a backup, plus it might be busier in there on game days, and we might continue to do live broadcasts of the podcast, for those that like to suffer it.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Sent you an invite, always good to have a backup, plus it might be busier in there on game days, and we might continue to do live broadcasts of the podcast, for those that like to suffer it.
Ty sir, I'll mess around and set up discord later tonight. Yeah always nice to have a back up, never know what might happen

Was expecting Tennessee to fire Butch before Florida made this move, usually losing to Kentucky is the final straw for a lot of SEC coaches

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I don't see Florida going G5 again. They need a big name with a penchant for offense. Honestly, Chip Kelly makes a lot of sense since he really wouldn't have to recruit because the state is so talent rich. However, if nothing else this past week has shown that the meddling boosters at Florida are alive and well, and it's well known he wants nothing to do with that nonsense.

Duh. I forgot about Dan Mullen. Dude knows what he's doing offensively.

Last edited:

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Aubrey Solomon, #2 player in Georgia is who I was referring to(though tbf it was a Michigan-Alabama battle, with Georgia a distant third). Yeah last year you got 10 of top 15(although the top 2 left the state), but this year you only have 3 of the top 15, this will probably go up, but even still I hardly consider that walling off the state.

Edit: 24/7 link
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-F...Rankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=GA
Okay.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see Florida going G5 again. They need a big name with a penchant for offense. Honestly, Chip Kelly makes a lot of sense since he really wouldn't have to recruit because the state is so talent rich. However, if nothing else this past week has shown that the meddling boosters at Florida are alive and well, and it's well known he wants nothing to do with that nonsense.

Duh. I forgot about Dan Mullen. Dude knows what he's doing offensively.
The problem is, if you don't go G5, you have to go for a washed up coach. Sometimes teams get lucky(Bama, OSU, us) and a star coach is available, but that is very rare.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I didn't say Michigan doing well doesn't effect everyone. But it effects everyone a great deal less than the aforementioned programs with a regional advantage, for obvious reasons.

The top classes these days are pretty much consistently some order of Alabama, FSU, Ohio State, and USC. Only one of those programs gets the majority of their class from somewhere clear across the country. The other 3 utilize their advantages locally to sustain recruiting success. Hell, LSU stays in the top 5 every year damn near, solely because of where they are.

Southern programs ain't losing that.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say Michigan doing well doesn't effect everyone. But it effects everyone a great deal less than the aforementioned programs with a regional advantage, for obvious reasons.

The top classes these days are pretty much consistently some order of Alabama, FSU, Ohio State, and USC. Only one of those programs gets the majority of their class from somewhere clear across the country. The other 3 utilize their advantages locally to sustain recruiting success. Hell, LSU stays in the top 5 every year damn near, solely because of where they are.

Southern programs ain't losing that.
LSU hasn't had a top 5 class since 2015. Michigan recruits nationally and has been up there with those listed teams every year since Harbaugh got here. I'd say even Alabama recruits nationally now, Alabama is not a good recruiting state anyways.

2018 is ranked 14 at the moment, but that is because Michigan only has 14 commits due to it being a smaller class and not taking many people early due to having to be very selective and waiting until when the top players commit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.