• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuck?

• Pedo State

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Gata

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Baylor

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 68 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LSU hasn't had a top 5 class since 2015. Michigan recruits nationally and has been up there with those listed teams every year since Harbaugh got here. I'd say even Alabama recruits nationally now, Alabama is not a good recruiting state anyways.

2018 is ranked 14 at the moment, but that is because Michigan only has 14 commits due to it being a smaller class and not taking many people early due to having to be very selective and waiting until when the top players commit.

Obviously Saban isn't building strong classes just off the back of Alabama. But Alabama is adjacent to every state you'd wanna be next to if you were trying to build a football team. Location. And I said LSU was damn near top 5 every year. Which they are; they were like 7th last year, 2nd the year before, and 4th or 5th the year before that.

Yeah, Michigan has a top class now, but there's no point in ignoring that they still aren't in position to recruit as well as the southern schools do without a slam dunk hire.

Also, lol, our latest commit is an elite Michigan OL. I'll take it.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously Saban isn't building strong classes just off the back of Alabama. But Alabama is adjacent to every state you'd wanna be next to if you were trying to build a football team. Location. And I said LSU was damn near top 5 every year. Which they are; they were like 7th last year, 2nd the year before, and 4th or 5th the year before that.

Yeah, Michigan has a top class now, but there's no point in ignoring that they still aren't in position to recruit as well as the southern schools do without a slam dunk hire.

Also, lol, our latest commit is an elite Michigan OL. I'll take it.
Ok yeah you are right about LSU, they did have a top class in 2016( how did I miss them lol), but my point still stands that recruiting has become more national, or that Georgia has hardly walled off the state.

Also he is from Indiana and yeah that sucks for us.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The problem is, if you don't go G5, you have to go for a washed up coach. Sometimes teams get lucky(Bama, OSU, us) and a star coach is available, but that is very rare.

You don't have to. You can always go P5 coordinator. However, there isn't one offensive mind that sticks out like a Lincoln Riley did in previous years.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely seems like the administration and Mac were at odds with each other.

Please get an actual offensive-minded coach this time thanks

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Ok yeah you are right about LSU, they did have a top class in 2016( how did I miss them lol), but my point still stands that recruiting has become more national, or that Georgia has hardly walled off the state.

All of the recruiting people would disagree with you, but this is like talking to a wall.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at Kiffin trolling Florida. If he ended up in Gainesville, shit'd at least be fun to witness, however well he ends up doing. And I'd love to see UT fans reactions.

UGA is as well on their way to walling off Georgia as they could possibly be. A top athlete or three is gonna get out. If you're a competing program, you don't sit and wait for them to do it, you try to prevent them from getting there.

And nah. Sure, blue bloods recruit nationally, but we're not gonna ignore the advantage of living in the backyard of the next star player.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
DNQia4XVQAA2AFd.jpg

tumblr_m8nhw8GjWP1qfu87x.gif

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol at Kiffin trolling Florida. If he ended up in Gainesville, shit'd at least be fun to witness, however well he ends up doing. And I'd love to see UT fans reactions.

UGA is as well on their way to walling off Georgia as they could possibly be. A top athlete or three is gonna get out. If you're a competing program, you don't sit and wait for them to do it, you try to prevent them from getting there.

And nah. Sure, blue bloods recruit nationally, but we're not gonna ignore the advantage of living in the backyard of the next star player.
That's why I said they haven't yet.

It's an advantage, yes, but not like it used to be. And Georgia only getting 3 of the top 15 is more than just one or two players getting out.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
McElwain said he could teach his dog how to QB then proceeded to field a rotating carousel of awful QB performances. It's not rocket science what went on here, just disappointing it had to all go down like this.

As for who we get, I've got no clue. I'm not sure who in their right mind would want to come coach at UF and deal with this fanbase and these boosters.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
That's why I said they haven't yet.

It's an advantage, yes, but not like it used to be. And Georgia only getting 3 of the top 15 is more than just one or two players getting out.
2018 class in Georgia is really down. Likely 2 more of those will end up at UGA, but the numbers won't be like last year because the prospects for 2018 just aren't as good as 2017 or 2019. Having to go out of state and get players to fill out the class, but getting up to #5 so far isn't bad.

Shooter

Oct 28, 2017
I'm starting a kickstarter to have a dump truck full of money delivered to Chip Kelly's house.

I'll be posting the link later this week. Go Gators!

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
my favorite memory is his team's performance in those FSU games

edit: i have no photo editing software, could someone make me a shitty charles kelly avatar? the fact mac got fired before him is total smh territory
KFBkVOx.jpg

see if that works, that's down to the limit of 200x200

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I think Chip Kelly is a huge long-shot.

It's gonna be Frost or Fuente. Campbell would be a good pick, but his buyout is too big.

It will be interesting, in 3 or so years, to see who made the better coaching call between Tennessee and Florida. They're likely looking at roughly the same pool of candidates.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
I think Chip Kelly is a huge long-shot.

It's gonna be Frost or Fuente. Campbell would be a good pick, but his buyout is too big.

It will be interesting, in 3 or so years, to see who made the better coaching call between Tennessee and Florida. They're likely looking at roughly the same pool of candidates.

I seriously doubt Chip would be hired. He was previously busted for cheating. We aren't going to fuck with that.

Regardless if it was justified, firing a coach after going to Atlanta in back to back years is a bad look. Why they he'll would Fuentes take the job? He has his program in the right direction, and he can win an NC there. Why would he risk it all for a job where he could get fired in year 3 after a down year?

That doesn't really apply to Frost though as the UF job is more of a step up. I imagine he is our number one target.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The letters U, S, and M can combine for several acronyms.

USM= University of Southern Mississippi
SMU= Southern Methodist University
MSU= Michigan State University

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see Fuentes moving. He's got VT's feet on solid ground. At the right time, too, with the respect the ACC now kinda commands.

UF going to get another rockstar HC while FSU treads water because of Jimbo's ego

Jimbo is a great coach. He's falling into what McElwain was in with going to bat for a clear problematic, shitty coordinator. But Jimbo won't let go so far as to jeopardize his own job. Kelly will be gone and fast.

Nuss wasn't going anywhere until Mac did, on the other hand.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
UF has been a dumpster since Urban left. With insane fans that tolerate shark fuckers for at least two years before getting tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.