• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuck?

• Pedo State

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Gata

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Baylor

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 68 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least we're better than FSU :(

j3SOktP.gif

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I SHALL BITCH ABOUT CUTCLIFFE'S SHIT TIER 1992 OFFENSE AND CLOWN SHOES ASSISTANT COACHES. Where is that number for Shady Pines Retirement Home?

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching State Penn fans try and figure out a path to the playoffs now is my favorite thing.

That said, watch this top 6 tonight be 1. UGA 2. Alabama 3. Oklahoma 4. Ohio State 5. ND 6. Pedo State

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Watching State Penn fans try and figure out a path to the playoffs now is my favorite thing.

That said, watch this top 6 tonight be 1. UGA 2. Alabama 3. Oklahoma 4. Ohio State 5. ND 6. Pedo State

My guess is 1. UGA 2. Bama 3. ND 4. OU 5. OSU 6. PSU/Clemson or Wiscy but I doubt it.

Miami should at least be considered...
They will spank Notre Dame this weekend.

If they beat ND they will.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meltdown Time!

Miami should at least be considered...
They will spank Notre Dame this weekend.

Miami will be in the top 10 just based off the strength of being undefeated, but they won't be much higher than that right now.

Not likely to reach it either. ND is probably taking them to the woodshed.

I'd throw ole Clempson right at 6 or 7. Basically swappable with Pedo State, whom they do have better wins than, but also a much worse loss than. In any case, they're close enough that they'd definitely jump in the top 4 if they just win out.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Who do you replace him with though? Your entire history is based on 2 coaches and Jimbo is one of them. Bobby Bowden isn't walking through that door. This isn't meant to be a shot at FSU, but you gotta be pragmatic about this. Jimbo Fisher has been a great coach for you, and one bad season should not make FSU fans forget how great you have been under him.

Replace Jimbo with a coach willing to self-evaluate and make the necessary changes. Just because FSU smacked the fire out of Michigan in the OB doesn't mean the program was healthy. That team got blown out by Louisville and had to sign a "Do Better" letter. nah bruh nah

It's entirely on Jimbo that he kept all the same old staff on board who has lead this team to 2-5. It's entirely on Jimbo that he went to bat for Charles Kelly and got him a pay bump and fat buyout.

A program like FSU is loaded with blue chippers and plays in the ACC. The team should be able to out-talent its way to 9-3 each season at minimum.

80-22 with a title over 7+ seasons. I think most would be willing to take that (probably 2 exceptions). Injuries happen and if you're not 3 deep with 4-5 stars then a season like this can happen. Just be glad you didn't go through RichRod and Hoke...

I mean, TAMU could do us a solid and take Jimbo. He's a great change agent, but poor maintainer.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio state
7. Miami Fl
8/9. Wisconsin / Penn state
10 okie state or tcu

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
It's outrageous to me that FSU fans would want to get rid of Jimbo. Totally fucking nuts.

But here we are, firing a coach that lead us to two division titles. CFB is fucking nuts.

Alakablamo

Oct 26, 2017
Jimbo's $40MM buyout means he's staying put for a long while. I don't see any scenario where he isn't the coach for years to come.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's outrageous to me that FSU fans would want to get rid of Jimbo. Totally fucking nuts.

But here we are, firing a coach that lead us to two division titles. CFB is fucking nuts.
That's completely different though. McElwain didn't accomplish anything of value at Florida. Claiming sec East titles as an accomplishment would work for low tier schools like Vanderbilt or Tennessee. But you have to look at the actual teams he fielded and they just weren't ever that good.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So not only do the S&P+ rankings correlate with my whole "Ain't no one good thing" but also my eyes. Bama is smashing faces in, and everyone else is either able to beat everyone else, or they suck

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
That's completely different though. McElwain didn't accomplish anything of value at Florida. Claiming sec East titles as an accomplishment would work for low tier schools like Vanderbilt or Tennessee. But you have to look at the actual teams he fielded and they just weren't ever that good.

I beg to differ; they are one Grier GNC visit from being a totally different team.

They would've had a shot at Beating Alabama witth Grier that first season.

Macs problem as has been explained elsewhere is that he has a shit attitude that isn't backed by convincing winning. He died on the Nuss hill when Nuss should have been gone after last year or never hired.

Add that to his relationship with the admin and he was always on borrrowed time. Dude mismanaged his team and is getting what he deserves. UF had talent the last two years and he squandered a lot of it.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Replace Jimbo with a coach willing to self-evaluate and make the necessary changes. Just because FSU smacked the fire out of Michigan in the OB doesn't mean the program was healthy. That team got blown out by Louisville and had to sign a "Do Better" letter. nah bruh nah

It's entirely on Jimbo that he kept all the same old staff on board who has lead this team to 2-5. It's entirely on Jimbo that he went to bat for Charles Kelly and got him a pay bump and fat buyout.

A program like FSU is loaded with blue chippers and plays in the ACC. The team should be able to out-talent its way to 9-3 each season at minimum.

I mean, TAMU could do us a solid and take Jimbo. He's a great change agent, but poor maintainer.
Ok first of all beating a depleted Michbigan team by 1 isn't "smacking the fire out of them".

Second, recruiting is a huge part of what makes a good coach. 9-3 most years with a few NC runs every 2-3 years is a great program. Alabama is a major outlier, probably the greatest dynasty in CFB history, so it is unrealistic to expect that.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
This this the RB that they've actually been using or the other one?
Think Johnson's the RB that missed those few games early (Clemson) who came back and sparked something. Pettway is the short yardage guy, I believe. As it stands right now, Johnson has about double the carries that Pettway has

Deacon

Oct 25, 2017
Think Johnson's the RB that missed those few games early (Clemson) who came back and sparked something. Pettway is the short yardage guy, I believe. As it stands right now, Johnson has about double the carries that Pettway has

Pettway has been having health issues this year. He missed 3 games already. I think he's more talented than Johnson but If something happens to Johnson I don't think they have anyone decent left except maybe that running QB they got.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Auburn has the system and oline where it becomes a next man up sort of situation at hb.

Not that concerned they are going to miss pettway

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Who do you replace him with though? Your entire history is based on 2 coaches and Jimbo is one of them. Bobby Bowden isn't walking through that door. This isn't meant to be a shot at FSU, but you gotta be pragmatic about this. Jimbo Fisher has been a great coach for you, and one bad season should not make FSU fans forget how great you have been under him.
I was at FSU the first few Fisher years before he won the BCS title. I will never say to fire him. FSU was a dumpster fire like UF currently is before he steadied the ship. This is literally ONE bad season since he's been hired.
Coaching changes need to be made. Stoops was good. Pruitt was amazing. Kelly is shit. Time to go. We need to recruit players to fit the scheme. Our defensive line is nowhere near as menacing as it once was.
To be fair we lost a great deal of talent last year and maybe we will be back like ND next season with some assistant reshuffling. But firing Jimbo could send us on a Florida or Tennessee tailspin.

I got an alert two members made me a Charles kelly avatar, unfortunately it won't display on mobile so I'll take a look when I get a chance to log on my computer. Thanks for your time if you're reading this and contributed

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely feels like there's a large chunk of teams in the CFB middle class this year. Only elite teams at this point feel like Alabama, Ohio State, and...not sure who else. UGA, ND, State Penn, Clemson, and maybe Okie are all pretty damn good too, but then 8-130 is this mess of teams that all feel samey and like they're mostly all capable of beating each other on any given Saturday (which makes the Big XII title game even more hilarious, because you just know Okie is gonna enter it with one loss and then somehow lose to a 2-loss TCU/Okie State team that they've already beaten, or a 2-loss Iowa State team that beat them already, eliminating the conference from the playoffs lmfao. Pls football gawds, make it so).

It just feels like we all know where the season is headed at this point.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
It definitely feels like there's a large chunk of teams in the CFB middle class this year. Only elite teams at this point feel like Alabama, Ohio State, and...not sure who else. UGA, ND, State Penn, Clemson, and maybe Okie are all pretty damn good too, but then 8-130 is this mess of teams that all feel samey and like they're mostly all capable of beating each other on any given Saturday (which makes the Big XII title game even more hilarious, because you just know Okie is gonna enter it with one loss and then somehow lose to a 2-loss TCU/Okie State team that they've already beaten, or a 2-loss Iowa State team that beat them already, eliminating the conference from the playoffs lmfao. Pls football gawds, make it so).

You say that and then..... Chaos.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017

This is Kirk Herbstreit, ain't it?

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Wait till they play A&M this weekend: everyone will be a runner. Especially if our offense leaves the defense out to dry again.
Looked, there is this QB with a last name of Willis, who has running yards. Probably helped because he had a 67 yard run against Miss State.

I hear an FSU assistant was let go (or not likely to return in 2018). Randy Sanders? No wonder they've been having offensive problems. That dude was maligned at Tennessee a few years back. Well, a decade ago, so maybe it wasn't just him.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

With the way oklahoma's defense is playing, they wont make the big xii title game.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You say that and then..... Chaos.

I almost added something similar there, but felt that went without saying. It's CFB, after all. Chaos will have its day (it already has, really).

That said, Bama v. Ohio State for all the marbles feels like the natural conclusion at this point.

With the way oklahoma's defense is playing, they wont make the big xii title game.

Well, yeah. Which is why I said maybe they're pretty good above.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was at FSU the first few Fisher years before he won the BCS title. I will never say to fire him. FSU was a dumpster fire like UF currently is before he steadied the ship. This is literally ONE bad season since he's been hired.
Coaching changes need to be made. Stoops was good. Pruitt was amazing. Kelly is shit. Time to go. We need to recruit players to fit the scheme. Our defensive line is nowhere near as menacing as it once was.
To be fair we lost a great deal of talent last year and maybe we will be back like ND next season with some assistant reshuffling. But firing Jimbo could send us on a Florida or Tennessee tailspin.

I got an alert two members made me a Charles kelly avatar, unfortunately it won't display on mobile so I'll take a look when I get a chance to log on my computer. Thanks for your time if you're reading this and contributed
Yeah, we are going through the same thing(albeit with lower highs and a higher low) and there are people saying Harbaugh should be on the hot seat "we are a team of 4 and 5*s! No excuses" Do they not remember Hoke and RR? (In b4 someone brings up Hokes record is the same as Harbaugh's because who needs context?). I just never understand people people who think their great coach should be fired because of a down year.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Someday teams playing us will stop giving easy bulletin board material. Seriously, this is dumb. Someone needs to tell him that UGA runs because nobody has been able to stop them while packing the box.

What he's saying about stopping the run isn't novel, accomplishing it is different. And if you leave receivers in single coverage, Fromm has been eating them alive.

South Carolina safety Chris Lammons was asked during interviews on Tuesday which facet of Georgia's offense, the run or the pass, posed the greatest concern for the Gamecocks.

"The run," Lammons answered. "They can't pass."

Georgia ranks last in the SEC in passing yards per game ― only 162.6 ― but that's mainly because the Bulldogs don't have to pass it very much. Fromm, the freshman quarterback, only attempted 7 passes against Florida, and Georgia still won, 42-7.

Fromm leads the SEC in yards per pass attempt ― 9.9 ― and QB rating at 171.86. Fromm has thrown for 13 touchdowns and been intercepted 4 times.

Last week, Florida safety Chauncey Gardner also took a verbal shot at Fromm, saying: "Anybody can throw simple passes. I get it. Anybody can throw a slant." Florida receiver Josh Hammond also said that Georgia couldn't beat Florida, alluding to the three-game winning streak the Gators brought into the game last Saturday.

Georgia players said after the game they were very aware of those comments, with senior linebacker Davin Bellamy calling them "very disrespectful."

Williamzabka

Oct 28, 2017
Beloit, WI
New here, but glad to see this thread. I have always been a Michigan fan, but have a family member who plays for Wake Forest so they have become my new de facto favorite team. Seeing them beat Louisville this Saturday was awesome. I know they're not a high profile program but they're on track to make a bowl game two straight years. I missed last year's win but this year I am definitely going.

Status
Not open for further replies.