• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oscar winner Christian Bale is in talks to join Chris Hemsworth in Marvel's Thor: Love and Thunder, Collider has exclusively learned.

Taika Waititi is returning to direct the sequel, which is gearing up to start production this summer. The follow-up to 2017's Thor: Ragnarok is shaping up to be Bale's first comic book movie since his final turn as Batman in 2012's The Dark Knight Rises.

Marvel had no comment.

Confirmed by THR https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christian-bale-talks-thor-love-thunder-1267315

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bale in a Marvel movie??? Holy shit, let's gooo. Thought he wouldn't want to do anything similar after finishing up TDK trilogy honestly.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This would hands down be the greatest what the fuck casting I've ever seen if it happens. The power of Taika!

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
He already made the GOAT comic book movies. His right to slum it if he feels like it. Make him funny, Taika.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the only marvel movies I'm looking forward to. I really liked Thor's arc but I didn't like how they basically did it twice over in Infinity War and Endgame.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how reliable Collider is but Bale would be a great get. I would love if they let him ham it up as a cosmic being.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
He should stick to good movies
20597.jpg

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
He'll play a character named Wayne Bruce, who stalks the daytime as a hero named Manbird.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Nice. Bale is a nice pick up for the MCU. Hopefully he is in a recurring role, they shouldn't waste his potential.

Bale will be playing Mjölnir; a true physical transformation.
lmao

Nothing but metallic milkshakes to get that shine. Comes in a solid 200 and his skin glitters.