• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards him clearly playing a villain. Have we ever seen Bale do a role that requires that signature Marvel quippy humor? It would seem so out of character for him.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards him clearly playing a villain. Have we ever seen Bale do a role that requires that signature Marvel quippy humor? It would seem so out of character for him.

I'm not sure re: your question about Bale, but wasn't Hela played fairly straight by Cate Blanchett in Ragnarok? It's not a given that the villain in Blood & Thunder is gonna be telling jokes left and right.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm not sure re: your question about Bale, but wasn't Hela played fairly straight by Cate Blanchett in Ragnarok? It's not a given that the villain in Blood & Thunder is gonna be telling jokes left and right.

Sorry, I didn't mean he'd be playing a quippy funny villain, more so that it's more likely he's playing a villain because it makes more sense than him being a good guy delivering funny quips. I worded that poorly.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Probably too expensive and busy to be in more than one movie though, so whoever he ends up playing will die at the end

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Probably too expensive and busy to be in more than one movie though, so whoever he ends up playing will die at the end

Considering they're apparently spending like $25 million per 25-minute episode of the D+ shows, it seems like money is just no longer a concern for Marvel Studios. If he's limited to one movie, I would say that choice is Bale's.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dario Agger seems pretty fitting. I can definitely see him in that role and considering they teased Jane Foster as Thor (or confirmed idk I never really followed the news) it makes even more sense considering he was a big part of her Thor story

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Dario Agger or Gorr, either one would be really fun for Bale. And I think odds are good one of them will be in the movie.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo we might actually get Gorr?

Based Taika

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Illuminerdi is a site that seemingly sprung up at our nowhere a couple weeks ago and is getting there stuff posted everywhere on Reddit and has started showing up on Era. There's no reason that I know of to believe any of their reporting.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
So, this rumor might be a couple of weeks old, but I just saw it, and I thought I'd bump the thread for discussion. How word on the Internet business is that Bale is going to be the next "big bad" in the Marvel Universe, and he'll be playing Korvac.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who that is.

He hasn't shown up much because he is INSANELY OVERPOWERED. First a villain of the original Guardians of the Galaxy, then traveled back in time and tangled with the Avengers. The Korvac Saga actually has a controversial ending, because the Avengers come across as dickholes, so in some subsequent graphic novel collections, they amended the conclusion. He's popped up in a couple things since, and last year's Marvel 1000 introduced him back into the universe following a long absence. That could point to them bringing him back into the comic consciousness and prepping him for an MCU appearance.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Man, that would be pretty disappointing if true. I always found Korvac pretty forgettable overall. A near-ominpotent cosmic baddie with no real visual or conceptual hook to him. At least the Beyonder has the sweet white jumpsuit!

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Korvac?
Eeehhhhh
I would love that idea but they'll nerf him HARD like they did the Infinity Gems Stones.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Who is saying Korvac?

I don't know where it originated, honestly. Prices of Korvac's first appearance have spiked hard in the last few weeks, and when I looked into it, collection speculator sites are saying it's because word leaked that Bale would be playing him. Not an incredibly solid source, but I know from experience that speculators have been ahead of things with other properties in the MCU. I'm not vouching for its truthworthiness, I just thought it would be a fun thing to discuss. Korvac is a weird and little-known villain (who incidentally is also partly created by Jim Starlin, like Thanos), extremely overpowered, and central to one of the more fun and crazy Avengers storylines.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Kang would be a better villain, or of course DOOM.

They would be crazy not to do Kang to follow a big time travel story, but it would be hard to build a whole multi-phase saga around him. I would be shocked if he doesn't pop up in the next 2-3 years

Ideally, Doom is in the MCU for many years before becoming the big bad whenever they get around to Secret Wars

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Korvacs isn't really that compelling of villain, especially if you compare him to other the options in the toy box.

The only reason the Korvac speculation is interesting to me is the Korvac Saga itself which is pretty wild, not the character. And this is kinda devil's advocacy but the thing that is nice about Korvac is they could really do whatever they want with him, he isn't nearly as iconic as Thanos

That said, you're right, there are so many better options, it is hard to understand why they would go that direction, especially right after getting the FF toys back.