• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason the Korvac speculation is interesting to me is the Korvac Saga itself which is pretty wild, not the character. And this is kinda devil's advocacy but the thing that is nice about Korvac is they could really do whatever they want with him, he isn't nearly as iconic as Thanos

That said, you're right, there are so many better options, it is hard to understand why they would go that direction, especially right after getting the FF toys back.

Depending on how far in advance they had to start laying seeds for phases four, five, and whatever, it's possible they had to dig up a threat bigger than Thanos with a more limited toy box. And they introduced the original Guardians already, and Thor ended up with the Guardians at the end of Endgame, and that team-up faced Korvac in just his second appearance. Like I said, I'm not vouching for accuracy, just thought it was a fun thing to discuss.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Really wouldn't be feeling Korvac. Would much rather it be somebody like Dario Agger, Kl'rt, or heck... Mephisto.

Korvac would indeed be lame

I'd much rather have Christian Bale play Dario Agger, but the apparent casting for Bale's character is that he's an intergalactic villain. Dario Agger is grounded, he's the CEO of Roxxon.

Michael Korvac is cosmic enough to be the villain for Love and Thunder. Avengers Age of Ultron and Ant-Man and the Wasp demonstrated that villains can be swapped over.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
They would be crazy not to do Kang to follow a big time travel story, but it would be hard to build a whole multi-phase saga around him. I would be shocked if he doesn't pop up in the next 2-3 years

Ideally, Doom is in the MCU for many years before becoming the big bad whenever they get around to Secret Wars

Kang makes a lot of sense to me, but yeah, I don't know about him as a Thanos level threat.