• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The most memorable line of the TLJ trailers was Luke saying "This will not go the way that you think." It's rather on the nose.

By the way, I absolutely never tire of the many ways that you condescendingly lecture people about how they should get better at watching movies. No sarcasm on my end. I find the Era discourse surrounding these movies considerably more entertaining than actually watching them.
That's the marketing department taking a line out of context and fitting it into a trailer. Not Rian specifically writing the film with the sole purpose of born heing predictable. I mean hell that same marketing department made it seem like Rey was gonna find a master to "show her her place in all this," when the film was, before this trailer was made, specifically about her forging her own path instead of fitting in a box and following a mentor.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the scripts, I feel it's for the best, really.

The Mandalorian has shown that there is still massive appetite for SW stuff. But you need to present a good product.
If the scripts didn't present fresh ideas or maybe gel well with Rebels or whatever Favreu/Filioni are concocting, then save that stuff for a B storyline in a different show.

Also, KK contract is expiring in a year. So far, the rumor is that no one wants such stressful position. But at same time, it feels like she might not renovate anyway.
Since this is the only high profile project that the audience actually wants (aside of KOTOR in movies), it's best to let the possible successors to handle it, rather than to trash it to meet deadlines.

Nonetheless, it will be interesting to read the drafts, in the inevitable leaks.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Potential spoilers for the scripts they threw away:

Hello there!

A source close to the writing process for the series (or what it was going to be before the recent changes) has disclosed some information to me regarding some interesting plot points.

1. Sharad Hett would be recanonized with some changes to his character.
  2. Hett would go into hiding as a Tusken Raider after Order 66.
  3. The main conflict would come with Hett sensing Luke and figuring out who he is. He would seek to kill Luke out of fear that his presence would lure Vader and Palpatine to Tatooine.
  4. We find out that Kenobi has been carrying both his and Anakin's saber.
  5. As many have reported, internal conflict would revolve around Obi-Wan's PTSD and depression.
  6. Climax of final episode involves Kenobi defeating Hett with both his and Anakin's lightsabers.
  7. Final scenes are Obi-Wan putting Anakin's saber in the box, not to be reopened until A New Hope, and Obi-Wan watching Luke from a distance.
May the Force be with you!

OP is trying to get verified so take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty boring and inconsequential storyline, if true.
The only interesting part (if done well), would be seeing how he has coped with the events following Order 66.

I mean, unless it's missing massive elements, it didn't really connect with Rebels, nor the OT or the prequels in any meaningful way.
That stuff would have been covered in 1-2 episodes in Clone Wars show style. At most.

Will see if it's confirmed.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
the

stuff about PTSD and depression

could definitely be interesting and i would like to see it, but everything else is fuckin' BLAH.

given how well received The Mandalorian was - and not that i want to see them just keep drawing from a drying well, thematically speaking - i dont know why they just dont go all-in on the paying homage to their influences and basically do a Yojimbo/For A Fistful of Dollars storyline with Obi-Wan muckin' about in some backwater Hellhole on Tattooiine thats torn between local gangsters and crime lords, with an Imperial spy thrown in for good measure just to make sure Obi-wan has a legit reason to get involved (doesnt want any Imps too close to Luke, after all). have some fun with Jedi mind tricks, some small brawls, maybe mess around with that rifle the one figure of him carries, and save the lightsaber for a really fun big reveal in a later ep.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I still want a returning Punished Windu to be the one gunning to kill Luke and he ends up redeemed(to gel with him being a force ghost in TROS) after bonding with Obi Wan when he gets through to him via their shared PTSD. They both fucked up royally with Anakin, you could get some good stuff there man.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
She has also produced an excellent film, TLJ. And most of you that hate that film also like the Mandalorian, which you conveniently give her zero credit for.

I loved both the TLJ and Mandalorian and their overall quality indicated to me that Ep VII and XI would have been better if Kennedy and JJ Abram's overall lack of a plan (which Rian Johnson exposed in TLJ) not to mention Abram's "mystery box" nonsense had all been properly moderated by someone higher up and that going forward, Star Wars overall would be a lot better off with someone other than Kathleen Kennedy overseeing the franchise such as Dave Filoni and/or John Favreau.

We literally have people in here posting that her not liking a script means it must be great. Kennedy, a producer on films such as ET, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Munich, Roger Rabbit, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, etc. apparently knows nothing of storytelling.

Why should she be allowed to coast now on her pedigree and not be held responsible for most of the current problems? Her past work with legendary Lucas and Spielberg properties just makes her apparent incompetence in the present look all the more inexcusable. And there are lots of legendary producers and directors who eventually falter. Ex: Ridley Scott is a great director from Kennedy's era and the original Alien is a sci-fi masterpiece, but based on Prometheus and (especially) the disaster that was Alien Covenant, should he still be in charge of the Alien franchise (assuming that has a future)? Probably not. Aside from current excitement with the Mandalorian (which again should be credited to the great work Filoni and Favreau have done), Star Wars overall is struggling to stay relevant and forge a good foundation with a new generation of fans and no matter how great Kennedy's past resume is, that was then, this is now and ultimately she's in charge and at some point should have to answer for all of these production issues and bad decisions that seem to keep occurring.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017
Deborah Chow isn't waiting around for them to figure this all out. Hopefully, she lands a great alternative cause she is awesome.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
the

stuff about PTSD and depression

could definitely be interesting and i would like to see it, but everything else is fuckin' BLAH.

given how well received The Mandalorian was - and not that i want to see them just keep drawing from a drying well, thematically speaking - i dont know why they just dont go all-in on the paying homage to their influences and basically do a Yojimbo/For A Fistful of Dollars storyline with Obi-Wan muckin' about in some backwater Hellhole on Tattooiine thats torn between local gangsters and crime lords, with an Imperial spy thrown in for good measure just to make sure Obi-wan has a legit reason to get involved (doesnt want any Imps too close to Luke, after all). have some fun with Jedi mind tricks, some small brawls, maybe mess around with that rifle the one figure of him carries, and save the lightsaber for a really fun big reveal in a later ep.

Obi starting to use a blaster, maybe as a result of not wanting to use his saber to avoid drawing attention, would make sense. It would also be a good opportunity for his character development, it adds to his inner conflict and how he is no longer quite a Jedi (or at least feels he isn't now that the order has been destroyed).