• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy. We got stopped for about 20 minutes when I rode and it gets HOT in those gondolas. Like being locked in a car. Can't imagine 3 hours. No A/C in Florida is straight up irresponsible.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. We got stopped for about 20 minutes when I rode and it gets HOT in those gondolas. Like being locked in a car. Can't imagine 3 hours. No A/C in Florida is straight up irresponsible.

According to a friend who has been to Walt Disney World told me apparently air conditioning is like a foreign concept to Disney because WDW has non-existent air conditioning in many areas so she told me that it wasn't surprising to her to read the article reporting that the Skyliner gondolas has no air conditioning in it.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Holy shit the entitlement here is insane....

Honestly (and you dont know me, so wouldn't have any idea), i would take the deal offered, smiling. I LOVE disney theme parks. Been part of my life on a nearly annual basis since I was a wee lad.

And because I live near a Disney park (land), a 4 day hopper alone would be welcome - I know how valuable they are, i.e. equivalent to an annual pass (come to think of it, why not offer an annual pass then?)

But then I thought (a) that's not how you negotiate, Iceman.. always reject the first offer (Michael Scott, Somehow I Manage), (b) what about the people who have to travel a long ways to patron a park? One of the biggest expenses is the lodging.

*and give them a parking pass as well while we're at it, for pity's sake.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly, I have no job, lol what a dumb comment. I think a 4 day park ticket and $100 is ample compensation.

Yeah you clearly don't because you don't understand that you can't just tack on 4 days to a ticket for a place you already had a horrible time at.

It's actually worse than that because you don't understand the concepts under which normal people live.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the 3+ hour time waiting to be rescued results in finally getting off the ride AFTER Walt Disney World closes to the general public, what should be the compensation then???

I would want a full refund of that day's admission because I couldn't get on any other rides for 3+ hours because I was stuck on the Skyliner gondola ride.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's because of the accessible loading at the stations mucking things up. These systems are touchy enough as is and having to accommodate that was definitely going to add complications. I was pretty surprised Disney built a system like this at all, these continually moving systems don't make sense for the general public in a post ADA world

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
That sucks.

If I were stuck up there, I would want a refund and not extra tickets and gift cards unless they don't expire.

What if it was my last day of my vacation and I need to go back to work?

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck water, what about the people who were holding in their pee while waiting in line

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Entered for the Disney news, left with the fat shaming post. Some of you can't control yourselves, huh?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Months of testing and you get unlucky days after opening. Yikes

FreeangelGP05

Oct 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
If the 3+ hour time waiting to be rescued results in finally getting off the ride AFTER Walt Disney World closes to the general public, what should be the compensation then???

I would want a full refund of that day's admission because I couldn't get on any other rides for 3+ hours because I was stuck on the Skyliner gondola ride.

The Skyliner is not a ride, it is part of the Disney transportation service. You are outside of the parks while traveling the Skyliner. It only connects two parks as well, Hollywood Studios & Epcot. The rest are resorts. A full refund for what parks admission? You already left the park.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
According to a friend who has been to Walt Disney World told me apparently air conditioning is like a foreign concept to Disney because WDW has non-existent air conditioning in many areas so she told me that it wasn't surprising to her to read the article reporting that the Skyliner gondolas has no air conditioning in it.

Wait what? WDW has air conditioning practically everywhere in my experience and it's generally super cold.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These things dont even have air conditioning. They also soak up heat and are hot as hell.

Must be a miserable experience for everyone involved.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
A half joke maybe but what would be the biggest difference between all their months of internal testing vs the real world? Weight and kids are the two things that immediately came to mind.
Holy shit this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, you say this like maximum weight capacity is inconsequential and would somehow be overlooked in transportation engineering.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks.

If I were stuck up there, I would want a refund and not extra tickets and gift cards unless they don't expire.

What if it was my last day of my vacation and I need to go back to work?
This happened literally at the end of the day, after everyone stuck almost certainly enjoyed a full day at the resort. A refund doesn't make sense.

The extra tickets and gift card likely don't expire. Disney has famously honored Park hoppers like decades later.

Even if it was the last day of a vacation, it's time paid for the next time those people decide to go to Disney World.
Fuck water, what about the people who were holding in their pee while waiting in line
The emergency kits had something for that apparently.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
This happened literally at the end of the day, after everyone stuck almost certainly enjoyed a full day at the resort. A refund doesn't make sense.

The extra tickets and gift card likely don't expire. Disney has famously honored Park hoppers like decades later.

Even if it was the last day of a vacation, it's time paid for the next time those people decide to go to Disney World.

The emergency kits had something for that apparently.

Your trying to be logical these people think their entire vacation should be paid for

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
User warned: Off-site drama, thread derailment
mod edit: off-site drama removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I was actually looking forward to riding this on my December trip. But maybe I'll stick with the bus.

These types of posts I'll never understand. It's the same type of post as "oh man I was in the next town over from there 5.5 months ago, that could've been me who got stabbed." Like I don't really get why you're reacting so much to an event with an extremely small chance of reoccurring, let alone occurring when it affects you.

Just enjoy your holiday my dude.

mod edit: off-site drama removed

This is tacky as shit tbh. I thought mods didn't really appreciate digging up user history to attack them, but we'll see if the mods do anything here I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody died. Nobody was injured. What he said could be a potential cause (although those things were probably over-engineered as fuck). What's with the self-righteous pearl clutching on this site recently?
It's why I hardly post here. dog piling is ridiculous. It's deadly when it's one sided either on the left or right. That's never healthy.

Anyway I am at disneyworld past week and the Gondolas were working for a few days but they are still down due to whats happened.