• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
fBvrDVP.jpg

Colony begins its third season tonight on USA.

In the wake of a mysterious alien invasion, a family fights to stay together in a new world order. The third season of COLONY begins six months after the Bowmans' escape from the Los Angeles bloc as Will (Josh Holloway) and Katie (Sarah Wayne Callies) struggle to rebuild their family in the world beyond the walls. When their peaceful existence is shattered, they are sent on an odyssey that will finally reveal the horrifying truth behind Earth's mysterious occupiers and once again force our heroes to choose sides. Created by executive producers Carlton Cuse ("The Strain," "Bates Motel," "Lost") and Ryan Condal ("Rampage"), the critically acclaimed drama is co-produced by Legendary Television and Universal Cable Productions. COLONY also stars Holloway, Callies, Tory Kittles, Peter Jacobson and Alex Neustaedter.

A5qn1iW.jpg

FETEWpC.jpg

Media:

Everything You Need to Know to Jump Into Colony Season 3

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Season premiere tonight:
Maquis

Six months after escaping Los Angeles, the Bowmans and Snyder enjoy a simple life in the mountains - until a sudden arrival changes everything.

The episode title is a reference to this.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow.
I was starting to fear it had been lowkey canned.

Between Westworld, The 100 and Colony restarting, it's a good spring for me :)

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread reminds me I never got around to watching season 2! I like the premise of the 3rd season, so will do that pronto!

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Hyped it's back this show is so damn good. Interesting change up on the locale of the show interested to see what's going to happen next with the family.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Well this came out of nowhere for me! Been looking forward to this season for awhile now, feels like its been years since I watched season 2 on Netflix lol.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Onion A|V Club with a promising capsule review of this season:
Colony (USA, 10 p.m.): As mentioned in our discussion of why you should start watching this series, after drawing things out a bit in season two, the new Colony is kicking its story into overdrive, with the first few episodes of the third season providing as many narrative twists and plot developments as the entire previous year. The Bowman family is outside the wall, trying to survive, and without revealing anything, the show finds a way to make the stakes even higher. (Then humanity's enslavement? Yes.) So hop on board now and enjoy the apocalyptic ride.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder. Still blows me away this show has managed to reach three seasons, weren't the ratings pretty low?

Not that I'm complaining, I just hope this season ends with some closure as I doubt we'll get a fourth.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder. Still blows me away this show has managed to reach three seasons, weren't the ratings pretty low?

Not that I'm complaining, I just hope this season ends with some closure as I doubt we'll get a fourth.
Live ratings weren't great, but they're middle of the road for USA. I don't know how it did in timeshifted numbers, on demand, etc... I agree with you that it's unlikely we see a fourth season, but who knows these days.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see this show back. It's been a while. My gf was complaining they were taking too long between seasons lol

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Onion A|V Club: Why aren't you watching Colony?
You should watch Colony because it's smart, addictive sci-fi

Unlike many shows that take the better part of their first season to build a world, introduce characters, and slowly figure out how to make the audience care about both of those things, Colony emerged relatively fully formed, with readily engaging characters and a quick wit, smartly deploying genre tropes while giving them clever twists more often than not. While individual episodes can vary in quality, the overall story is stronger than many, and right out of the gate it's done the challenging, interesting thing where it could have played it safer. Season two improved on the first, and now the latest is doing all the humanity-on-the-run stuff that USA's last crack at such material, Falling Skies, could only fitfully generate. It's a good time to join Colony; it's got drama to burn and alien ships to burn down.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the OT!

Interested to see what they do with this season.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shit I missed it as I never saw the premier date. Hopefully it's On Demand for this episode and I can be set for the rest of the season.

This is also a show I want to see get a full series Blu-ray release down the line, but doubtful with S1 just being a DVD and I don't recall 2 even getting a physical. However, SyFy turned around on 12 Monkeys, so maybe USA will do the same here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
So Snyder is still a piece of shit.

Well, he's a PoS that seems to legitimately believe what he's doing really is in the best interest of the human race (and his own). Hard to say he's completely in the wrong after Season 2.

S3E1 Spoilers
I'm glad he's still a PoS - his good guy act was a bit too good to be true - but it looked like he was legitimately freaked out by the downed ship.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Solid premiere. I knew good guy Snyder was too good to be true, at least they didn't draw out the charade. Also Bram continues to be a whiney a little turd but he surprised me by not using the radio against his parents' wishes and getting everyone popped. That's progress I suppose.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess and say Bram saw Snyder hide the device and will bring it up later. Is the Rap the one the resistance guys are bringing the gauntlet to?

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad this is so underrated.

Just watched the two s03 episodes and it's kind of turning everything on its head, isn't it? It seems like they're legitimately implying that the Raps are protecting Earth from an even more hostile Alien race.

I mean, the Raps are still obviously assholes, but it's a great new dynamic after spending last season somewhat humanizing some of the members of the Occupation leadership.

Snyder continues to be my favorite character. I hope he's either redeemed or vindicated at some point.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
All that building up of the Factory, and it just got blown up, huh? lol

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're protecting humanity. My guess is the solar system is in a strategic position and having an enslaved workforce would help them out with the war. Earth is probably just collateral damage.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Did I interpret the last scene wrong, or did Broussard and Dispatch walk through the gateway or did they turn around?

Seemed like the entire checkpoint was abandoned from what was shown down to the part where there's no checkpoint at all, just road. The scene wasn't edited very clearly to show they were leaving the bloc to the rest of downtown LA though.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We will ever see Maddie again? The actress doesn't have any 2018 episodes on her IMDb page. I liked her, but I got the impression that the writers didn't know what to do with her towards the end of S2.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Did I interpret the last scene wrong, or did Broussard and Dispatch walk through the gateway or did they turn around?

Seemed like the entire checkpoint was abandoned from what was shown down to the part where there's no checkpoint at all, just road. The scene wasn't edited very clearly to show they were leaving the bloc to the rest of downtown LA though.
I was confused too but I'm pretty sure they walked through.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
We will ever see Maddie again? The actress doesn't have any 2018 episodes on her IMDb page. I liked her, but I got the impression that the writers didn't know what to do with her towards the end of S2.

Considering she was in the group that suffered Total Rendention and got shipped off to the Factory, which they said was wiped out I would say no.

Caught up on the new season.

Snyder is still a snake, although he has some sympathy for the family.

Nice to see Broussard still in the picture, and it looked like he might end up meeting with the Bowmans down the road.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'm getting serious Fallout vibes from the Broussard/Amy scenes. It's pretty great.

The camp stuff is pretty good, and it was a surprise to see Graham McTavish (the bald guy with a beard; I can only hear him holding back his accent lol), but I thought they would have had more guards in that tent with the Rap. It did lead to some good info, at least.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Seems weird that an advanced race with cyborg bodies would need humans for labor. It didn't seem like the Rap was lying but there's no way humans are equal partners with them.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Love this show, though I am not a hundred percent sure I like where they're going with the raps' motivation and this other species that may or may not be a threat to Earth. Not overly original so far if this is what they end up going with.

But it's what you get once you start peeling away the curtain I suppose! Season 1 and 2 had a wonderful sense of mystery and I hope Season 3 continues that and doesn't turn predictable.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Seems weird that an advanced race with cyborg bodies would need humans for labor. It didn't seem like the Rap was lying but there's no way humans are equal partners with them.

I knew the captured "rap" was a machine after season 2. I just don't know if there is another TRUE organic alien controlling the machines or if the machines are simply "intelligent".

If they are machines why would they need a fragile work force like humans to build a weapon.

I have so many questions...love this show though.