• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The last episode was great, but if the aliens are good guys why didn't they just tell everyone?

Well I doubt humanity would've volunteered willingly for grueling work in a space factory, even if it meant having defenses against a species more powerful and hostile than the Raps. From their perspective colonization, forced labor, and hundreds of millions of human casualties is them doing us a favor.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Well I doubt humanity would've volunteered willingly for grueling work in a space factory, even if it meant having defenses against a species more powerful and hostile than the Raps. From their perspective colonization, forced labor, and hundreds of millions of human casualties is them doing us a favor.
Worst case scenario they would have had to do the same thing they're doing right now, so it's a bit strange, I'm sure some people would have volunteered to fight the other species

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame this show isn't more popular.

It's so much fun. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

The last episode was fantastic.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Absolutely loving the new season so far. Kinda goes from high quality guilty pleasure to genuinely good over the course of the seasons. Third season's the last, right? Kinda okay with that, there's already so many series needlessly dragging on.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure some people would have volunteered to fight the other species
I'm guessing most of the higher ups in the Authority are exactly that. And I'm willing to bet the bright idea of keeping everything a secret is their fault too. Seems like a very human thing to do.

Third season's the last, right? Kinda okay with that, there's already so many series needlessly dragging on.
I haven't heard that anywhere, source?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't announced anything, and we won't likely know until this Summer. Linear ratings aren't great, but it does reasonably well time-shifted and with their Netflix deal.
Hope we get at least one additional season worth of Vancouver woodlands.

Or else the whole logistical production move up to Canada seems like a wasted effort.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
that trailer is really bad at spoiling whatever suspense this episode set up lol.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Caught up on the last couple episodes.

Camp Leader is definitely loosing it, but I partly don't blame him for being paranoid after being dragged from his home and hit with those pedo charges. Yikes. Still he should gather intelligence if the Click is talking.

Lol @ everybody Broussard/Amy have come across on their journey has died. I'm looking forward to him linking up with the Bowmans again.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yup lol.

Woah...

I definitely wasn't expecting Charlie's death. I thought him saving Gracie was just the writers showing how brave/intelligent he is, but it was also a last sacrifice in hindsight.

If Snyder doesn't realize how screwed up he is after this, then it's never gonna happen.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I didn't watch that promo. This episode was insane. Everything went to shit.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yooooooo, that was nuts. Great dialog this episode before things went crazy.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Podcast for this week
What does this mean for the Bowman's going forward? What will MacGregor's legacy be on the Resistance, and how the Bowman's trust in the future? Why Charlie???

We have an all-star line-up for this podcast as SYFY WIRE's West Coast Senior Editor/Producer Tara Bennett talks the "End of the Road" with Colony Co-Creator/Executive Producer Ryan J. Condal, Executive Producer and episode writer Wes Tooke, and actors Jacob Buster (Charlie Bowman), Josh Holloway (Will), Sarah Wayne Callies (Katie), Graham McTavish (MacGregor) and Waleed Zuaiter (Vincent).

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I love the show...good acting, but it's moving painfully slow this season. I like the new antagonist...setting is interesting...but darn if I feel like nothing has really happened in 5 episodes. The first two episodes were good, imo, but they've been coasting since then. Even with tonight's action.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love the show...good acting, but it's moving painfully slow this season.
Funny, compared to the previous seasons it feels like the plot is moving lightning fast.

We got:
  • Reveal of a new alien race that may or may not be a bigger bad than the raps.
  • First conversation with a rap.
  • Discovery of the resistance camp.
  • Destruction of the resistance camp.
  • Death of Charlie

Seems like a good run for 5 episodes.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I feel like it's been much higher paced this season.

I'm curious where they go with Snyder from here. Does he get to Switzerland and we'll see his role there? Seems as if there's no plausible way for him to get thrown back with the Bowmans at this point.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Funny, compared to the previous seasons it feels like the plot is moving lightning fast.

We got:
  • Reveal of a new alien race that may or may not be a bigger bad than the raps.
  • First conversation with a rap.
  • Discovery of the resistance camp.
  • Destruction of the resistance camp.
  • Death of Charlie

Seems like a good run for 5 episodes.
Agreed, pacing has been great. Only problem I can see is maybe they spent a little too much time in the camp but I didn't mind it at all.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, Snyder plays his role really well and he did help avoid another Dallas situation.

Charlie was easily my favorite among the Bowman kids. I liked his attitude last season coming back from Santa Monica and how he didn't let his sister get indoctrinated with the Greatest Day nonsense. He saved her then too, when they raided the house and he took Gracie to hide on the roof.

The scene last week with Broussard/Amy coming across the camp makes sense now.

Now it looks to be off to whatever Seattle brings.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Snyder instantly taking control of the situation when interrogated was satisfying to watch. He's such a shitty little weasel but you can't help but like him. Looking forward to the next time him and Will or Katie cross paths .

RIP Charlie, you were one of the better child characters on TV.

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018
OMG... why would they kill Charlie?? We still have Bran, the culprit of everything bad that has happened to this family since day one for almost three seasons, and they choose to kill the BEST kid on TV right now?? TAKE BRAN INSTEAAAAAD!!!!

Still, great season so far. I was surprised to see the camp's leader already dead by the raid, but maybe this storyline was just a pit stop for the larger scheme of things to come.

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They sidelined Charlie too much after he was rescued. I thought they were going to push the angle of him using his street smarts to help out, like "dealing" with Lindsey, but then they didn't do anything with him. Actually, the kids have about as much personality as some Walking Dead Alexandria red shirts.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
All caught up on the last few episodes. This show is so f'n good, and damn...why did they have to kill Charlie?! I really wasn't expecting either of the younger kids to die. Liked him more than Bram.

I also really like that we're learning more about the aliens. I had a feeling they were machines, but I didn't think they'd just be literal balls of consciousness in suits. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
This show is so fucking good. I wonder what the Collaborators' end game is since they already know who the Bowmans are.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It was good seeing Kellog from Continuum in the opening scene helping Wayne Brady.

So much for Snyder's retirement, dude is already back to scheming. Having your own butler is a pretty sweet deal.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
looking at preview of next episode it feels like this could have been an ending of a season and that is a new season. They're cramming a lot into this one. From some of the tweets by the staff it appears that right now they don't know if there is a season 4 or not. :(

really like the pacing though, it's not too fast it's just right, a lot happens while not feeling rushed, there is no filler quiet moment. if first two seasons were like this, their ratings would be a lot better.

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that algorithm thing is the reason why drones don't try to kill Will
Was thinking the same thing. I'm kind of thinking that perhaps the algorithm was being applied incorrectly in the beginning and that's why all these terrible people are in positions of power in the "Global Authority". The Raps, not having the same thought processes as humans, maybe don't understand why this is a problem and let the humans run the planet however they want as long as they get "labor". So we got a bunch of terrible people running the world like a terrifying dystopian oligarchy, when the original creator of the algorithm would have picked "better" people if the algorithm was working correctly. He tweaked it with his friend, reuploaded it to the Rap network (probably got caught and killed doing it), and now various people with distinctly different personalities to the original collaborators are new choices that will eventually get lifted up (probably because the current fuck ups really fuck up at some point in the future and get renditioned themselves). Honestly, end-game for the show is probably Will working for the Global Authority just in time for this new invasion. Hell, maybe Seattle is actually an experiment to see what happens when a colony is run by people picked out by the "true" algorithm.

The aliens probably really do want to help humanity, they're just letting humans do the governing and it turns out humans are terrible.

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect you're bang on the money there, Geist

Does fix a whole bunch of problems the show ran into with its internal consistency, even if it comes at the price of 'new enemy is worse!'. But twisting that into the 'enemy' being ourselves is a lot bolder than I expected this show to get. Considering the current admin, in particular.
Especially when Broussard shows up in Seattle, considering that is a few weeks or months later, and the "new" factory (or factories) was already build by that time.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Episode felt tonally different with the time jump.

New names and new jobs for the Bowman family. Will doing PI work and driving a cab, Katie helping facilitate newcomers to Seattle. Graham doing Meals on Wheels. Their marriage is breaking down though and obviously things aren't as they seem with the disappearing people. Katie waking up to that realization at the end and a clean-shaven Broussard paying Will a visit at the end.

With the opening scene w/Wayne Brady I wonder if he made some kind of deal with the Raps. Where the colony would have more freedom seemingly, but they would still have to give up a certain percentage for labor or whatever special projects they would need.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
We're still no closer to why Will is wanted by the Raps.

Time is running out! Let's have some answers.