• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From the scene didn't look like the Outliers would be any good against the Rap's enemies aka remixed Predators
Maybe if they didn't drop outliers naked, with no intel, and mixed in with people who don't speak the same language they could have done better. It's like what Harris' partner said, the Raps only see the Outliers as a sacrificial first wave.

Kynes' takedown of the Authority was pretty cathartic considering how utterly incompetent they've been throughout the series.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Broussard is an Outlier, right?

I was thinking about the first episode of S2, at the beginning of the invasion. Broussard and a bunch of other ex-military were called by someone to a bar (?), and then Broussard got a feeling and left, only for a strike to come down and obliterate everyone inside.

That was the Raps, right? If so, why would they target Broussard and many others who could have been Outliers? Were they not considering making use of them at that point?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
- Raps have enemies they're running from.
- They find an alien, not a Rap, in a downed spacecraft. Very much biological rather than mechanical.
- It's reported that the Raps' enemies destroyed the Factory they had on the Moon.
- They go to a resistance camp that has captured one of the Raps. It's seen that the ball of light in their heads is like their soul/consciousness/etc. It understands what they say. It reveals that they came to Earth because they were escaping their enemy (see above). They're using humans as a labor resource, while also building defenses to be used against said enemy. Last thing it says is: "Our enemy is your enemy, we are your defense."
- Snyder reveals that the Raps agreed to protect humans as long as they were provided slave labor (to build the defenses mentioned above).

There hasn't been much about them since then, but a new character was given tech by them (food that can be grown in labs), and there's also a polymer that can stop bullets that's presumably from them as well.

Oh, and the Raps have identified so-called Outliers (mostly ex-military, of which Will is one) who they keep in pods secluded, so they cannot cause trouble, but apparently they're also planning to use them as a defense against their enemy.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe if they didn't drop outliers naked, with no intel, and mixed in with people who don't speak the same language they could have done better. It's like what Harris' partner said, the Raps only see the Outliers as a sacrificial first wave.

Kynes' takedown of the Authority was pretty cathartic considering how utterly incompetent they've been throughout the series.

Perhaps, but the alien was giving them that one finger death touch.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Broussard is an Outlier, right?

I was thinking about the first episode of S2, at the beginning of the invasion. Broussard and a bunch of other ex-military were called by someone to a bar (?), and then Broussard got a feeling and left, only for a strike to come down and obliterate everyone inside.

That was the Raps, right? If so, why would they target Broussard and many others who could have been Outliers? Were they not considering making use of them at that point?

Broussard is an Outlier.

If I remember correctly, he was meeting up with a bunch of Resistance crew which had been giving the IGA problems. That could have been the reason, but it's been awhile since I've seen that scene.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that outliers had to show each other their bare back to prove they're on the same team seems really really dumb. they had no chance going into it like this...

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I thought it was odd too to drop in two (well three) outliers who couldn't communicate there, but could be a few reasons they could offer up -
1. They might not actually know where the enemy is and are dropping outliers all over to try to flush it out
2. The zap-gun may not be totally fatal to humans, hence the value of humans over drones (could be other reasons offered, like drone scanning is unable to detect the enemy but human eyes can)
3. Capabilities gathering for both the outliers and enemy - they could be testing how many outliers it takes to beat one. We saw one dead soldier, maybe the scene we saw was a test with two and next will be three.
4. Some combo of above plus the outliers used in that scene were among the lowest rated. This could lead to the enemy underestimating them. I have to imagine Kynes has been keeping the best outliers for himself and sending the rest to the IGA, so those the Raps are actually using in combat could be the weakest they have and aren't useful yet.

The Raps view humans as totally expendable after all, even the outliers, so 'wasting' a few on this one enemy might be fine in their view.

Kynes' telling off of the Authority was great, especially since it's been a while since we've seen any pre-arrival scenes of the slimeballs who run it.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
things really heating up. Kynes telling off tge authority was great, wonder what else he's been doing behind the scenes.

and damn, Snyder went back to full heel mode with Kynes' main outlier guy murder and the outlier bus bombing

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched episode 1 the other night.

Snyder mentions that the Raps are leaving when they get what they need as far back as the pilot.

I'mma rewatch the whole season and see what else they were planting.

It's gonna break my heart if this show gets cancelled.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that was the type of shit that mighta worked for some colonies but since they moved to Seattle, which is completely different from the rest, the writers probably didn't see a good reason to keep it in. It wasn't a particularly good plot line to begin with.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Tonights episode was pretty good. It's nice when the build up has a good payoff. Look forward to the finale.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
- I'd suspected that that was what Kynes was doing with the Outliers and the (captured?) enemy of the Raps.

- I can definitely see where Bram and Gracie are coming from.

- Kynes getting wounded like that? Come on lol.

- There's no way one more episode would be enough for this show. Needs at least one more season.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
This show really knows how to shoot action well, the climax of the episode with the shootout at the armory was really well done and had a great sense of tension.

Will definitely on that death trip.

C'mon Katie, you have to at least check in on Bram to see if he's in the room. Then when you get sidelined, you can't fall asleep while both of them leave.

Finale next week looks crazy.

When Kyne went to go talk to the alien in the beginning, it looked like it made him sick and put some kind of coordinates on his arm.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit at that preview, things sure moving very quickly for that final episode. That looks like could be the actual final episode. Maybe they haven't announced cancelation yet because it's actually ending next week.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

This is why we can't have nice things

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not wholly unexpected, but tough to hear nonetheless. The show improved every year and this season has been something special.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they blow up a bunch of special ops operators when they first took over LA or whatever? What was the point of that if they needed all these soldiers to fight for them as slave warriors? lol

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Yep show is canceled

One of the very few good sci-fi shows with on the nose current events social commentary goes out the window

It sucks

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
ah, just saw the news, of course we were all expecting it but this season was awesome. I really enjoyed it and final episode looks like a big bang.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
The cycle of canceling a show in its third season before syndication kicks in continues.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not wholly unexpected, but tough to hear nonetheless. The show improved every year and this season has been something special.

... damn it :( yeah this season was a huge improvement over 2 which was a big improvement over 1.

it always hurts more when a show gets cancelled right after it has found its true groove

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
BOOOO. Why is it that all the good shows get cancelled meanwhile all the shitty Reality TV and Cop shows get to stay on air. It's the same shit SyFy pulled with The Expanse, although in that case Amazon thankfully stepped in to save it

Last edited: