• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
That's the best thing about this story. The cognitive dissonance of the right on full display. He knew it would ruin him. But he did it anyways. Because "fuck them n-words!" I assume.

It seems these people vastly underestimate how many they are and how much influence they have.

I mean Trump lies about attendance and all that too.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Right up there with the buy American made only folks. Yeah I'll get right on that.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Martin says he's the only full service, licensed fan shop between Castle Rock and the New Mexico border. Despite having all 32 NFL team's apparel in his store, he doesn't have any current players' jerseys–because of his decision to drop all Nike apparel.

He also cancelled an autograph session with Brandon Marshall at his store back in 2016, to protest Marshall's decision to kneel during the anthem.

"As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized," said Martin.

Yeah, protesting the anthem. Fuckbag shitstain.

"That part of the military respect that's in me just cannot be sacrificed or compromised, as I believe Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick both did. I don't like losing a business over it, but I rather be able to live with myself," he added.

Its so fun reading code.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Nike makes all of the official apparel for the NFL? That would mean this moron stopped selling official Broncos gear in a state where almost everyone and their mother is rocking some kind of Broncos stuff.

There's dumb as fuck, and then there's this guy

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Good for him, I guess, sticking to his beliefs. Going out of business to support your racism.

Funniest thing was his acknowledgment that more people supported Colin than he thought.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Good for him, I guess, sticking to his beliefs. Going out of business to support your racism.

Funniest thing was his acknowledgment that more people supported Colin than he thought.

Yea, I respect him for that. I have to then turn around and take it back, because I can't respect people that are unwilling to examine why they may be wrong/misguided. Just a little bit of critical thinking on his part would have save his store and the stability of his workers paychecks.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hates black people complaining more than making money. Sounds like an American to me!

Cut that nose baby, spite that face hard!

Do is losing his business and putting his workers out on their ass, and he doesn't get it. Because he doesn't want to

Shit, let's look at some of the things folks are willing to give up in America cause they hate black people:

- Healthcare worth a damn
- More sensible gun laws
- Sensible Voting System

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for someone to actually present an argument as to why that Nike ad was a problem. Message was on point.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess he couldn't afford the cost of having Kaepernick living rent free inside of his head all this time.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hates black people complaining more than making money. Sounds like an American to me!

Cut that nose baby, spite that face hard!

Shit, let's look at some of the things folks are willing to give up in America cause they hate black people:

- Healthcare worth a damn
- More sensible gun laws
- Sensible Voting System
Clean Water

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

This guy doesn't even seem upset. He's also a year away from retirement and his sales were down 15% before pulling the Nike products. Hmmm.

I'm thinking this whole thing was a bullshit Hail Mary stunt to save a business he was going to have to close anyway.

He got what he wanted I guess, free advertising by being a racist asshole.

Deleted member 10063

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that this made the news, some people will start a gofund me or something similar and make this guy rich. Guaranteed.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I believe Nike is the largest apparel company in the world, period, and makes about $35 billion with a b dollars every year in revenue.

Like he said, a sports store without Nike is like a gas station without gas.
That's the funny thing: he said that. He knew it wouldn't work, but he did it anyway.

It's his god-given right to protest a company if they don't align with his ideals, just like all of us.

Just don't be surprised when nobody wants to buy Adidas.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
What's a racist sports brand? Under armour? New balance lol

I don't know about racist but new Balance are Trump supporters (and the CEO/owner spoke for the company in supporting trump even). Which annoys the shit out of me cause they actually make a shoe that fits my wide/with bunions/and now deformed from a motorcycle wreck foot which is really hard to fit. So I want to not give them money but I do anyways, ugh. Nike used to make a shoe that fit (before the motorcycle wreck anyways) but it wasn't in black and I need black for my work (of course now they have lightened up on that but I don't even know if NIke makes them anymore and I am not sure they'd fit now). Always was a big fan of Nike tbh.

Anyways, maybe this will teach him a lesson (he did admit there were more Kaepernick supporters than he thought... sometimes that will get people to rethink their stance when they realize a large amount of people don't agree with them).

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, no other MAGA fucks came out to support this shitheel?
Plenty of people buy Nike apparel, but those who do so at sporting goods stores and at sporting goods stores prices are the very same people he alienated and are the very same people Nike spoke to with it's Kaep campaign and why they don't really care about any boycotts.

The people boycotting Nike aren't the ones spending $70-$160+ on shoes.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
True story, I drove by this store the other day and was surprised it shuttered. It's been in the city forever and it's surprising that it closed.
There are an abundance of sports stores in this city, so it isn't like this is a huge loss.