• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Do milk stores exist? Obviously you have grocery stores and gas stations that sell milk but no one calls them milk stores.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise how big Nike was until this story. Like, I wouldn't notice if a sports shop didn't stock it because I don't go in there to buy a certain brand. And yet not stocking it can help you go out of business. Wow, TIL.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks when someone loses his livelihood same time though I don't know what the fuck he expected it's not like it was some shitty shoe brand it's fucking Nike

It'll be like a game store refusing to sell Sony and getting surprised he's losing money

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
We laugh now, but this is honestly just going to make him more irrational and bitter. What a doofus though.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
If only those blackface shoes were still available he might have been able to do a roaring trade with his trump supporter friends .

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"At least I still have my principles", says racist shoe man as he signs the foreclosure documents on his life's work

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
But doesn't this validate a lot of capitalism talking points, as in if you do stupid racist / sexist / homophobic / etc shit then capitalism will naturally take care of things as your business is unable to compete?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are conservatives so bad at boycotts/protesting? Reminds me of when they decided to protest Starbucks by...buying Starbucks, and saying their name was Donald Trump.

Yeah, that'll show them...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Come on down to our liquidation sale. We were slashing Nike swooshes and now we're splashing prices!

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
The amazing irony of protesting going down on one knee and being brought down to your knees.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, no other MAGA fucks came out to support this shitheel?

Remember that time Trump supporters protested Starbucks....by buying Starbucks?

MAGA idiots are really shit at protesting, especially when it comes to consumer products. They probably supported the protest then looked shocked when they realized they couldn't get Broncos jerseys.

They suck at boycotting

When you're broke what can you really do?

That GoFundMe for the wall made at least $20 million. Clearly ain't that broke.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
But doesn't this validate a lot of capitalism talking points, as in if you do stupid racist / sexist / homophobic / etc shit then capitalism will naturally take care of things as your business is unable to compete?
Not really. As far as I know, he wasn't banning Black people from his store like a Libertarian wet dream. He was just self-sabotaging himself by imposing a ban of the most popular product.

This is just a basic business failure of not supplying the demand.

And even if it were an example of "the will of the market", that might work out fine in a place like Colorado, but in other places like Mississippi we'd see Black people banned from stores all over the state without a correction from public outcry and it would be segregation days again.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between banning black people from entering a store or whatever and not selling the most popular shoe products

Jul 18, 2018
It's funny because if we take the R base that have a stable middle class income, you know their ass will buy brand names regardless of the shit they spew on social media. It's like those people burning jerseys in protest, and then you see the same people buying new jerseys of another player.

May 8, 2018
Do milk stores exist? Obviously you have grocery stores and gas stations that sell milk but no one calls them milk stores.
Sort of. We have a company that started here and has slowly grown to other states calle Braums. They have their own dairy. Back in the days you went to buy their milk, Ice Cream, cookies, breads, and burgers. Now they're focus is more on becoming a burger joint/grocery store like thing.

So yea there were stores that were dedicated to milk products etc.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that time Trump supporters protested Starbucks....by buying Starbucks?

MAGA idiots are really shit at protesting, especially when it comes to consumer products. They probably supported the protest then looked shocked when they realized they couldn't get Broncos jerseys.

That GoFundMe for the wall made at least $20 million. Clearly ain't that broke.
That's probably from the actual rich republicans. Those people aren't wearing Nike anyway.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He says he was retiring next year anyway and is going to be fine regardless, if the staff didn't have the same beliefs but just needed a job then it's them who are going to stop earning a living because of this guy being an idiot.