• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Columbus Blue Jackets with a historic sweep against Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL)

Oct 25, 2017
First time the Blue Jackets ever won a playoff series
First time a Presidents Trophy winner has been swept in the first round

Tampa Bay tied the NHL record for wins in the regular season. It was an absolute slaughter.

First game Tampa Bay went up 3-0 in the first period.... After that they got their face kicked in.

absolutely unbelievable.

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest upset in pro-sports history.

Team that ties the all-time record for most wins in the regular season gets swept in the first round of the playoffs by a team that's never won a playoff series.

There's nothing I can think of that comes close.

Jan 30, 2018
We have this sweep now. We have Cavs coming back from 3-1 in the finals.....and unfortunately, we also have The Tribe blowing a 3-1 lead to the Cubs. Crazy shit happens with this states teams lol.

Edit: In bigger news, my mom and step dad went to the game and didn’t invite me. Bummerrrrr duuude.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has Bob in both of my fantasy leagues and have Duchene in one of them as well, this makes me fucking happy. Honestly, I'm just happy for any kind of success for Bob. Flyers gave up him so fucking early.

Nov 7, 2017
The Bolts went 3-0 against the Blue Jackets during the regular season and outscored them 17-3. 13.6% of their final goal differential came from those three games alone.

Oct 25, 2017
I said in the other thread, this has to be the biggest upset in team sports history. I don’t think an 8 seed has ever swept a 1 seed, much less a team as dominant as Tampa.

Equivalent would be the 73 win golden state warriors being swept in the first round.

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
First thing that springs to mind is Mavs-Warriors, but that wasn’t a sweep
This is really unprecedented
I'd say Mavs-Warriors does come close as a chokejob, just because the nature of 7-game series in basketball usually means you ain't getting lucky for 4 games (and that was a barely-.500 Dubs team against what was then the tied-for-6th best team in NBA history)