• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This was a massive guilty pleasure for me back in middle/high school. Something about a puppet hearing some deplorable shit and looking aghast at the camera cracked me the fuck up.

tenor.gif

Yes. In 2019 what we need is more trolling.
I would honestly love Trump voters getting trolled the fuck off by puppets.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Better be puppets and not some shitty animation. Crank Yankers was awesome and the MTV2 season was really good.

Celebrity Deathmatch was supposed to return but that didn't happen.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
This was a massive guilty pleasure for me back in middle/high school. Something about a puppet hearing some deplorable shit and looking aghast at the camera cracked me the fuck up.

tenor.gif

I would honestly love Trump voters getting trolled the fuck off by puppets.
Didn't we get kind of get this with "Who Is America?" last year? Tbh Trump supporters are so removed from reality that its not even fun to troll them at this point.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There are some late 90s early 2000s attempts at comedy that probably should stay dead. Maybe we didn't know better then, but we certainly know better now.

ArachosiA

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I never liked Crank Yankers. If you want to hear some great prank phone calls, I recommend The Snow Plow Show aka Phone Losers of America. It's on Stitcher and probably other podcast services.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's a blast from the past.

Almost forgot about it up until now too.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so over prank calls. They're almost never funny, and when I hear someone wasting some innocent person's time (or even goofing on them) it just makes me resentful. Gross.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to make a show like this that isnt punching down?

Like, if they singled out people who were being bullies online, or trumpers, etc then I might give it a chance.

Otherwise it just seems like laughing at decent people because they had the audacity to be trusting. (Not familiar with the original).

Last edited:

CoolSuezo

Oct 27, 2017
They should seriously just give Kitboga control of this show and let him harass scammers like he does all day on Twitch. Add some puppets and weird subplots because why not. That's how I want to see them bring back Crank Yankers, if at all. Actually make it have some meaning instead of just bothering hapless people like the old show.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Comedy has become way too esoteric for this kinda shit to still be funny. Though I guess the target demo for this is mid to late 30's so.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn there's a lot of negativity on this board. Some of y'all just hit he refresh button waiting for a new thread to come up so you can shit all over it.

I'll cast my vote in favor of this. Prank calls are a lost art and can still be hilarious:

Looking forward to this.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I've never heard of this but I looked up a clip on YouTube and I think I know what an existential crisis feels like now.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like seriously is the creative arm of the network so thoroughly out of new ideas to appeal to this market that they're bringing back a J-list improve sketch comedy show using Avenue Q rejects?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Are they that hard up on ideas that they're resurrecting all these shows from a decade ago? Is Mencia next?

Pay Dave and let's get more Chappelle going.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I remember seeing this back in the day.

Now when are we getting Drawn together back?!
I would say that Drawn Together would never survive considering its highly offensive humor against race and LGBT among other things, but if fucking Brickleberry can get a few seasons plus then the creators get a Netflix show, then anything is possible.

I do miss Drawn Together.

Dec 31, 2017
I would say that Drawn Together would never survive considering its highly offensive humor against race and LGBT among other things, but if fucking Brickleberry can get a few seasons plus then the creators get a Netflix show, then anything is possible.

I do miss Drawn Together.
Loved Drawn Together.

No show quite like it. More than decent animation for what it was. Fun humor. And a ton more clever than first look would lead you to believe.

I liked Crank Yankers alright as well.

I don't think either would survive today. The screeching and bitching that would erupt...

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
fonejacker > Crank Yankers. (Though maybe it doesn't hold up that well in 2019, either?)