• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Last month, an intentional fire was set at Comet Ping Pong, a pizza place in DC. This is the same pizza place where a man took a rifle and opened fire after coming to believe QANON's conspiracy theories.

Federal authorities have not yet said if they know Jaselskis' motive for setting the fire inside Comet. But a YouTube page that features videos from his acting career that is in the name of his parents posted a video promoting the QAnon conspiracy theory on January 23, the same day the fire was set.

The QAnon theory is linked to Pizzagate and features similar themes, that there is an elite class of child predators running a sex trafficking ring around the country. QAnon believers claim that President Trump is leading a purge of that elite class and has already arrested several offenders, including Clinton. The QAnon theory began on anonymous message boards with clues left by a user claiming to be a federal agent with top secret "Q level" clearance.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/ryan-rimas-jaselskis/

He's well known to the US Park Police, apparently.

A man wearing a jacket matching that description jumped the chain link fence around the Washington Monument on February 4, according to U.S. Park Police spokesperson Sergeant Eduardo Delgado. Jaselskis actively resisted arrest when two Park Police officers approached him, Delgado said. A fistfight ensued, as captured by a bystander and posted on social media. Officers tased Jaselskis, who was wearing a blue jacket with white sleeves and red trim, and took him into custody.

Charged with unlawful entry and assault on a police officer, Jaselskis was released with a stay away order from the Washington Monument grounds. But about 24 hours later, Jaselskis again jumped the Washington Monument chain-link fence, according to Delgado, and was arrested by officers. This time, there was no fighting. He was charged with unlawful entry, destruction of public property, and contempt in D.C. Superior Court. His blue jacket was taken first for safekeeping and then as evidence, according to charging documents.

https://dcist.com/story/19/02/14/an...trespassing-at-the-washington-monument-twice/

edit:

He has since plead guilty (see:threadmark).

Last edited:

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
"His blue jacket was taken first for safekeeping and then as evidence, according to charging documents."

That must be some blue jacket.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
The whole "Pizzagate" thing was probably the most pathetically stupid piece of propaganda I have ever heard. It is very sad that there are people still riding that wave.

Update: plead guilty
OP
OP
WedgeX

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
A man from California pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to setting fire to curtains at Comet Ping Pong pizza shop in the Chevy Chase neighborhood of Northwest Washington, according to court documents filed in the case.

Ryan Jaselskis, who was 22 at the time of the Jan. 23 fire, has agreed with federal prosecutors to serve 48 months in prison, the court filings say.

Jaselskis admitted to setting the fire with lighter fluid in the restaurant's game room that at the time was occupied by children playing ping-pong and several adults. Two patrons and an employee extinguished the fire, and no injuries were reported. The restaurant is in the 5000 block of Connecticut Avenue NW.

An update for anyone that followed this.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Dangerously fucking stupid.

...One can only wonder who he voted for. I'm afraid it will remain a mystery.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine committing trespassing, assault on a police officer and unlawful entry and getting to go home, only to commit arson a few days later.

Imagine having that privilege.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Forever bummed that this place became a target to these idiots. One of my favorite spots in town, but I have to admit I definitely am on edge every time I go there now because you never know if someone is going to come in and do some shit like this, or worse.

Curious what the fuck this dude planned to accomplish by setting the place on fire though; if you're trying to rescue the kids trapped in the basement (PSA: there is no basement) I'm not sure burning them alive is going to do the trick.

Oct 30, 2017
There needs to be a mechanism for law enforcement to label these lunatics as a dangerous fringe group if they haven't been yet.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
thank goodness he's stupid enough to always wear the same jacket