• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well, obviously the people who actually support #ComicsGate are shitheels, the people who don't like various people becoming characters (Thor, Batman, etc.) aren't all racist or sexist assholes. Many of them are just small 'c' conservative folks who don't want changes to the things they enjoy.

The reason why I believe this is that comics fandom reacted almost as badly, if not worse to white guy Kyle Rayner taking over for white guy Hal Jordan as Green Lantern back in the 90's, as most comic fans have reacted to FemaleThor, Miles as Spiderman, Rini as Ironheart, etc.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Am I an uber comic nerd?

Only comics I ever really read were The Goon, Cerebus the Aardvark, and Fritz the Cat and similar stuff?

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The death of superman is fucking awesome and I love the fact that the way superman died was being beaten to death.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Well, obviously the people who actually support #ComicsGate are shitheels, the people who don't like various people becoming characters (Thor, Batman, etc.) aren't all racist or sexist assholes. Many of them are just small 'c' conservative folks who don't want changes to the things they enjoy.

The reason why I believe this is that comics fandom reacted almost as badly, if not worse to white guy Kyle Rayner taking over for white guy Hal Jordan as Green Lantern back in the 90's, as most comic fans have reacted to FemaleThor, Miles as Spiderman, Rini as Ironheart, etc.
First Kyle is Latino and if they aren't bigoted they shouldn't use terminology and moves of bigots. Mantals and characters shift all the time, you haven't been a comic fan long enough if you don't know that

Oct 25, 2017

I have several Les Rallizes Denudes albums.

:D
lol
tohPH8B.jpg

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being a die hard Spider-Man fan, I actually haven't read all of the classic tales like "The Night that Gwen Stacy Died"

Also I am of the mind-set that Spider-Gwen is uninteresting and that Silk is the better Spider-Woman and should have been pushed more but isn't due to Gwen being white and more well know due being Gwen Stacy of another universe.

One More Day is ok and folks totally overreact to it

Oh okay,
tenor.gif

WHAT THE FRICK Slayven?! You were suppose to be cool. 😢

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I also miss the Ultimate Universe!

I really like the late 90s X-Men. Way more than the Claremont/Byrne days.

Gambit is awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
I Am Suicide is one of the best Batman arcs ever. Tom Kings run in general is excellent.

I couldn't get into Grant Morrison's Bat run at all, despite loving his Animal Man.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
More:

I really enjoyed what Ive read of Slott's Amazing Spider-Man.

I thought King's Batman was just boring.

This is fun!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does DC still treat Damian like he's Bruce's only child?
By this point the Robins all act like brothers.
Motherfucker got a trident hand and a dope ass beard

you're wrong
Wait is this a thread of wrong opinions or threads of controversial opinions. Because I've been giving ones that wrte wring on purpose. If it's the former, Slayven you WILL be court martialed for that One More Day one

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run is the best contained story the team has had in 20 years. (Mostly contained and stand alone, with some nods to Morrison's run I suppose.)

That's what I hope Hickman taps into, just take the pieces and say ok I'm crafting my own story, you can start reading with #1 and keep rolling along for the ride. A lot of recent X-Men has had so many tie-ins, crossovers, cancellations, mix ups, etc. It's hard to keep all of it in perspective IMO.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
The Phoenix Saga is the worst thing that ever happened to the X-Men franchise.
It's not even that bad. It's just...Kinda bad.
But the weird reverence for it has frozen the franchise in time.
Let's just move past all that dumb shit already please.

Gambit is okay.

Deathstroke beating the Justice League in Identity Crisis was quite fun.

There are good Witchblade comics.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The big DnA Marvel cosmic run is overrated as a whole. Annihilation and Conquest are fine, but War/Realm of Kings goes on forever and is a slog to get through. At least it ends great with Thanos Imperative. The Nova and GotG series are consistent in quality too.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The Authority was never good, and we all should be ashamed for letting it go as long as it did

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
People should forget about The Killing Joke. The best thing about is the tourist Joker outfit.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
American comic creators will never reach the heights of French, Belgium, or Japanese writers when it comes to sci-fi