• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Almost all Spiderman variants are cooler than Peter Parker except Gwen
Shuri was a better Black Panther

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
People only like Gwen because of the costume, outside of that she is pretty much a nothing burger

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Death and Return of Superman is actually one of DC's best events.

Clone Saga was right all along, well, at the beginning. A perfect answer would have been Peter being a clone, Ben being the real Spider-Man, and Peter going off to live happily ever after as a regular married man while we also get the "real" Peter Parker as a single Hamlet with quips type web slinger.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
One More Day is ok and folks totally overreact to it

W4dQQtUz7Dc6w4gwPXeIQzqInWPB757Z1Adcs64plyM.jpg

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Alan Moore's Superman comics are a 1000 times better than Killing Joke.

Garth Ennis was never that good, that truth has revealed itself to me only recently and it kills me to admit it :'(

Batman Year One is much, much, much better than DKR.
Is that controversial?
I've seen a lot of acceptance of that fact in recent years.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Batman Year One is much, much, much better than DKR.

I'll go a step further - Year One is really the only Batman comic you need to read. The property has yet to reach that level of quality again, in any medium, since its release.

People who prefer Year Zero baffle me.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate Eddie Brock and the Ultimate venom symbiote are both the best interpretations that they have ever had.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Is that controversial?
I've seen a lot of acceptance of that fact in recent years.

Im not sure I'd ts controversial but it's just bizarre to me that DKR gets all this love and reverence while Year One goes unmentioned most of the time.

Also here's an opinion-Frank Millar sucks as an artist.

Mazuchelli is a god

26875091._SX540_.jpg

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Hickman's Avengers wasn't any good

Coates can't write comics to save his life

Tom King can't do big comics

Slott hasn't written a good comic since the end of Superior

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Dick Grayson, while a better character on average than Bruce on average, was a far less interesting Batman. Both times.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The New Gods have been interesting maybe 3 times in their entire existence.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I think the idea to have Venom be a woman whose husband and unborn child were killed by a taxi-driver that was distracted by Spider-Man is to good/interesting an idea to just leave sitting on the cutting room floor.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Slott's Silver Surfer is his masterpiece for sure.
The best Marvel series in recent years, along with Immortal Hulk.
Im not sure I'd ts controversial but it's just bizarre to me that DKR gets all this love and reverence while Year One goes unmentioned most of the time.

Also here's an opinion-Frank Millar sucks as an artist.

Mazuchelli is a god

26875091._SX540_.jpg
Mazuchelli definitely is a god.

As for Miller as an artist... That was definitely my first impression.
But his visual approach to Ronin still astonishes me to this day.
Obviously, Miller is problematic for a thousand reasons but Ronin is a book I will always recommend. Not to read mind you, but to look at.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Erica Henderson's art is bad cartooning that should be left in hipster indie crap

The Eisner Award is nothing more than a popularity contest and has no real value to the art form

Oct 31, 2017
Peter Parker is broken due to being unable to grow beyond being single and a financial failure. Miles has more potential.

If Ben Reilly had been allowed to be the original Spider-Man while Peter settled down with MJ having children, fans would have accepted it and we'r all be better off for it.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
There is never anything wrong with naked retcons. The problem only arises when the retcon is a poor one in substance.

Oct 31, 2017
I think the idea to have Venom be a woman whose husband and unborn child were killed by a taxi-driver that was distracted by Spider-Man is to good/interesting an idea to just leave sitting on the cutting room floor.

That's a far more interesting origin than Eddie Brock and Venom as a woman would look cooler, too