• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Watchman and TDKR weren't that good in the first place and aged like potato salad in the sun

One More Day is ok and folks totally overreact to it

Superman is a fun character that works well when the writer isn't star struck.

Bruce Wayne is boring as shit and they should have let Dick keep the cowl.

Vampire Mom Jubliee was the best development the character recieved since Gen-X and every time she goes back to the core team she gets regressed

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Capes books are far less important than Graphic Novels.

My library should put all of the cape books in the YA section.

(jk, I recently read Injustice for the first time, great success DC)

Best wolverine anything in the past five year was the Audio Drama The Long Night and The Lost Trail.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Age of Ultron - the comic - is a fun time. Yes it is dumb but I had a good time with all the alternate reality hijinx.

I will turn in my card on my way out

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I miss the Ultimate universe.

And not just for Spider-Man.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
616 Spidey is whack and Ultimate Spidey is the best version of Peter Parker in any comic book.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've said it before, I will say it again.

Geoff Johns is the Zack Snyder of comics.
tenor.gif

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
The Killing Joke and All Star Superman are both overrated and the latter is really dumb.

Watchmen isn't overrated and actually deserves more props if only for it's A+ use of the comic book medium.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Superpowers are handled like complete shit and people are okay with it.
Oda did more with his version of superpowers than the entire Marvel Comics managed to do with a zillion of characters in fifty fucking years.

Sanderson's Second Law
Limitations > Power
The limitations of a magic system are more interesting than its capabilities. What the magic can't do is more interesting than what it can.

The fantastic element is handled like complete shit throughout 99% of usa-made comics.
Characters are oftentimes good, though.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Watchman and TDKR weren't that good in the first place and aged like potato salad in the sun

One More Day is ok and folks totally overreact to it

Superman is a fun character that works well when the writer isn't star struck.

Bruce Wayne is boring as shit and they should have let Dick keep the cowl.

Vampire Mom Jubliee was the best development the character recieved since Gen-X and every time she goes back to the core team she gets regressed

No lies detected.

Maybe the Watchmen one.

But I will emphatically agree that One More Day hate is so overblown it's boring and Vamp Mom Jubes was amazing.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Also, everyone wanted Dick to stay Batman for at least 10 years. It's not that controversial of an opinion to hold

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I kinda liked Liefeld's New Mutants work at the time... it was something different. His main problem is that his art never really evolved from there (if anything, it regressed).

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The Green Goblin is a terrible character only fit for a comic that comes free with a Spider-Man Halloween breakfast cereal.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I agree about your Superman and Bruce Wayne assessments, also.

There's a lot to Superman if you're willing to look in the right areas and Bruce Wayne has always felt like a placeholder for an interesting character that never gets filled in with any development.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Black Panther has been a boring character since Priest stopped writing him

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Olivia Munn was fucking GARBAGE as Psylocke. Some Indie-con cosplay level garbage. And yet, a lot of people consider her the redeeming factor for X-Men Apocalypse.

Take my fucking nerd card for all I care.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I won't even read comics from before the 2010s cause female characters' costumes are trash.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Batman on the Justice League doesn't work.
All the time writers just make everyone dumber just to make Batman smarter and thus not completely useless.

Batman works best on low crime stories, cosmic stuff is out of his league.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Olivia Munn was fucking GARBAGE as Psylocke. Some Indie-con cosplay level garbage. And yet, a lot of people consider her the redeeming factor for X-Men Apocalypse.

Take my fucking nerd card for all I care.
What? She wasn't terrible but she wasn't great. She wasn't really anything. She had like 2 lines and 20 seconds of action.

As far as the costume goes it seemed pretty faithful.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Moonknight and his origins are far more interesting than Batman's to compare two masked vigilantes.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get ready to ignore me.

The best artists on Claremont's Uncanny run were Paul Smith and BWS. Given how that run went starting with the Muir island saga, it's a relief it was taken behind the shed. Even if that meant these books would keep sucking for decades.

Dan Slott saved Spider-Man.

Rick Remender had a couple of good runs on cape comics, but he tends to mistake edginess for depth.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Batman punching Guy Gardner isn't funny and shows how immature he is. AND Gardner has EONS more character development than Bats have in the last 30 years and is the better character of the two

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Joker and Harley are cute together and have an ideal relationship