• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Peter Parker is broken due to being unable to grow beyond being single and a financial failure. Miles has more potential.

If Ben Reilly had been allowed to be the original Spider-Man while Peter settled down with MJ having children, fans would have accepted it and we'r all be better off for it.

Marvel chickened out. It would have been the best answer for everything.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't like the look of Kirby's 60s comics.
Maybe it was the inker's fault, I have no idea.

But 70s Kirby is where it's at.

Oct 25, 2017
Leaning into having Peter Parker become an increasingly distant corporate exec would've been great and could've stemmed the eventual slow reset to baseline.

Oct 27, 2017
Im not sure I'd ts controversial but it's just bizarre to me that DKR gets all this love and reverence while Year One goes unmentioned most of the time.

Also here's an opinion-Frank Millar sucks as an artist.

Mazuchelli is a god

26875091._SX540_.jpg

I don't hate Frank Miller's art but I liked it a lot more when his style was still somewhat tied to the 80s Marvel house style aka his first Daredevil run and the Wolverine miniseries (and the issues of Spider-Man he did in the 70s).

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
No one has ever gotten to the highs of Lee/Kirby's FF run. Hickman was close but those issues were Kirby was running the whole show are probably the best superhero comics of all time

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Dark Reign is the only halfway interesting thing they've done with Osborn in decades

No one has ever gotten to the highs of Lee/Kirby's FF run. Hickman was close but those issues were Kirby was running the whole show are probably the best superhero comics of all time
I feel like the same could be said for Ditko on ASM.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I've seen people on this forum look back on it like it was good
Well to each their own of course and it's not like I've read every issue myself but artwork aside, the pre-Claremont era has generally never been that well regarded I think. I'm sure there are some good issues here and there though.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Avenger's Academy was the best book no one read

The Terrifics was DC trying to throw shade at Marvel but ended up one of the most disappointing books in the last 10 years

Oct 27, 2017
JMS' Spider-Man had far more misses than hits despite having a pretty great status quo

It gets a lot more credit than it deserves because it came after 5+ years of some of the worst Spider-Man comics published. People were starved for something decent after The Clone Saga/Howard Mackie/John Byrne. It also had a really strong start which probably helped.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It gets a lot more credit than it deserves because it came after 5+ years of some of the worst Spider-Man comics published. People were starved for something decent after The Clone Saga/Howard Mackie/John Byrne. It also had a really strong start which probably helped.

JMS's run up to Sins Past was glorious. JMS's run Sins Past and beyond was a fucking mess with a couple of good issues.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I am about to lock this thread, this take isn't hot, it's the Planck Temp
I knew that would be the one to do it. Despite the obviously problematic and grimdark bullshit, I like the efforts Meltzer made to make the DC heroes feel like they had a community. It's why I'm more appreciative of his JLA as well.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I don't know where people fall on this first one but Spider-Mand had way too many current books.

The Ultimate universe was crazy and too edgy at times but fun because it shook things up.

Gabby is/was better than all the Wolverines combined(I think she is getting boring as it feels like they are aging her up) and they also should have left Logan dead(Keep Old Man for people that really wanted Logan).

Peter Parker should have stayed rich.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I knew that would be the one to do it. Despite the obviously problematic and grimdark bullshit, I like the efforts Meltzer made to make the DC heroes feel like they had a community.
That is like getting your legs chopped off to see how good your local hospital is