• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/09/watch-dogs-3-trademark-ps5-next-xbox/

A new discovery reveals a now public Watch Dogs 3 trademark that could hint at a release specifically targeted for the PlayStation 5 and next Xbox.

The trademark itself is currently pending and as mentioned in the video above, this trademark - though filed last year - didn't pop up until last week, at least not publically

What makes this seem like its a hint for next generation is that it's a new filing all together and not connected at all to previous Watch Dogs trademarks. As seen in the video going through Ubisoft's database, the "new application entered in TRAM" was processed on December 3rd of last year with the "supplied data" going through on December 17th.

watch-1157782.jpeg

Lock if old.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I don't think this is old.

Trademarks are always hit and miss when it comes to predicting what is going on, but I for one am a complete believer in a next gen reveal late this year.

Jan 2, 2018
I always figured Watch Dogs 3 would be their big 2019 holiday release..but if it's targeting next gen I guess it's 2020z

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how that is a sign of it being a nextgen game. It's quite likely out this Fall.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What makes this seem like its a hint for next generation is that it's a new filing all together and not connected at all to previous Watch Dogs trademarks. As seen in the video going through Ubisoft's database, the "new application entered in TRAM" was processed on December 3rd of last year with the "supplied data" going through on December 17th.

Not seeing how this is at all an indication of it being a next-gen game?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Please be a game developed for next gen, I absolutely love the Watch dogs series and would love to see what a fully realised next gen version would look like. If it's coming out this year then no chance, it almost certainly will though considering no AC game is planned for the holiday season.

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
... how does that indicate it's for next-gen? We've had Assassin's Creed games for two years in a row, so it could easily be that it's Watch_Dogs 3's turn this year to give those teams another break, surely?

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I was banking on WD3 release this fall, since Assassins Creed is taking a break.

What would be their premier fall 2019 title if Watchdogs isnt releasing?

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Next Xbox is almost as big of a mouthfull as xbox one x :p
They should just name it the "NextBox"

Hoping for London or Tokyo in WD3! :)
WD2 was actually the first game I finished on the PS4 and the one I learned how to use a dual stick controller.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Damn, I hope it releases this year for PS4/XB1, I miss the franchise and besides, no AC this year so it would be perfect.

The rumored Splinter Cell?
I think there might be a chance. Why? That Walmart leak before E3 (which got Rage 2 of all things right), which listed Splinter Cell, with current gen sku's. Though I'm still betting on it being a cross-gen 2020 game. Still a solid chance tho.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I was banking on WD3 release this fall, since Assassins Creed is taking a break.

What would be their premier fall 2019 title if Watchdogs isnt releasing?

Might be Skull & Bones, which was their standalone pirate game. Not sure what the progress on that is, though.

Probably nothing now and it's originally for the cancelled game that was teased on WD2?

If you mean Pioneer, then it's only half-dead and still in development according to Schreier's sources. Still probably going to take a while.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ubi seem to have 2 big games first half of the game, 2 big in the fall, not including Just Dance.

2019: Far Cry New Dawn, Division 2 / Skull & Bones, ???
2018: Far Cry 5, The Crew 2 / AC Odyssey, Starlink (I'm calling it big..)
2017: Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor / AC Origins, Mario + Rabbids, Fractured But Whole
2016: The Division, Far Cry Primal / Watch Dogs 2, Steep

I'm expecting the question mark for this year to be WD3. Leaving next year as:
2020: Splinter Cell, Mario + Rabbids 2 / Assassin's Creed, BG&E2 maybe

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
In-game teaser for Watch Dogs 3 in Splinter Cell 2019. Lock it in!

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I think this franchise either needs to go full stealth or make a sandbox of a similar quality to GTA. I think going full stealth would be the much, much easier option of the two.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if it wasn't released for current gen consoles, it may end up being a crossgen title like the first game.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
More Watch Dogs 1 less Watch Dogs 2 please.

Nah, dude! The jump from Watch Dogs 1 to Watch Dogs 2 was probably the biggest I've seen in a sequel since Assassin's Creed. I'd love for them to take the path they took with WD 2 in terms of gun violence and how you almost never really had to use a gun to the logical conclusion and just go all in with the Hacker Fantasy. No more Assault Rifles, give me more tools and gadgets to fight and stealth my way through enemies that way, please.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really hope this is more like the first game. The gunplay, movement, stealth, hacking and stuff all made for a pretty unique open world game. Especially on the harder difficulties where you had to use hacking to be successful.

The second game pretty much threw all that away and became some sort of GTA like clone with awful gunplay and hacking just existing for fun.

I guess the perfect spot would be taking the best elements out of both games but really the first game was so far superior.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Would be cool to like somehow play as everyone in the game if that makes sense or like live out their daily lives idk something more immersive like recruiting people and having skills for your character like classes. Im thinking too much into this I guess

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I expect it to be futuristic/dystopian.
Futuristic/dystopian London .... now I'm up for that
If its set in London i'll buy it

I did not know this, and now I am very interested. I was interested in the first one because it seemed like a bleak and rainy chicago, no interest in sunny San Fransisco.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Splinter Cell would be considered a big release like a Watch Dogs or Assassins Creed. I would consider it a For Honor or Far Cry level which is an early February or March title

I think Watch Dogs 3 will be released this year on PS4/Xbox and if backwards Compatibility is a thing next generation they can patch in the upgrades.

That or next generation consoles will be out this year. I don't see them waiting for 2020 for Watch Dogs 3 since there will be an Assassin's Creed in 2020 as well.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping from the tease that it's Brixton, London. Such a perfect setting for this game.

- GCHQ
- Most surveilled city in the world.
- Smaller amount of armed response units than an American setting (i.e. more opportunities for non-lethal combat)
- Very "parkour-able" environment.
- Bicycles/Mopeds etc.
- Tube/Underground for fast travel.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for Ubisoft's E3 conference headlined by Just Dance 2020 and followed by Watch Dogs 3.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Ubisoft is clever with Watchdogs. It knows it's a B tier franchise, so the early gen sales boost is always nice and generally gets away with a few bits that wouldn't fly mid-late gen.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the point regarding it being next gen sounds far fetched, considering the only reason is its a new trademark.