• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
You're right. It looks like there is a Devin (the piece of shit) and a Derek. What's weird is that they seem interested in the same basic stuff and both are associated with Birth Movies Death.

On the plus side, in the time it took me to look into this I found that Studio Laika is now working on a fifth film, which if it's anywhere near as good as Kubo is reason to celebrate.
He looks exactly like Devin. White guy with a greying beard.

I read the Hunt for Wolverine and I'm confused why Daredevil is considered a go-to for detective work. I've never read anything that makes him known as a sleuth.
Because without Wolvie, there's no bloodhound and DD is the next best thing!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I read the Hunt for Wolverine and I'm confused why Daredevil is considered a go-to for detective work. I've never read anything that makes him known as a sleuth.

It did feel odd, but I actually didn't mind DD as much as I did Iron Man. DD was more of an out of the box choice according to the story, and actually makes sense considering his relationship with Madripoor.

But tbf, it was just Soule finding a way to use DD in this story lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers / Avengers Forever question:

Who is Rick Jones? At first I thought he was the dude Cap tossed out of the helicopter in Spencer's Cap #1, but that was Rock Flag right?

Is Rick Jones still around currently?

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
It did feel odd, but I actually didn't mind DD as much as I did Iron Man. DD was more of an out of the box choice according to the story, and actually makes sense considering his relationship with Madripoor.

But tbf, it was just Soule finding a way to use DD in this story lol.

Ha, that Soule thing is just what I was thinking too. I figured Iron Man was there because him and Wolverine were on the Avengers together.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers / Avengers Forever question:

Who is Rick Jones? At first I thought he was the dude Cap tossed out of the helicopter in Spencer's Cap #1, but that was Rock Flag right?

Is Rick Jones still around currently?

Rick Jones is the kid that Bruce Banner saved, which caused him to get caught in the explosion that made him the Hulk. Thus making him a fairly key character.

He's the Marvel Universe counterpart to Snapper Carr. Normal-ish dude who's friends with gods.

Rick Jones got executed by HYDRA thanks to Evil Cap and he's likely gone for a long time.

His wife/ex-girlfriend is literally a version of Death.

52c3de31146b17e482256290fd99e92f--marvel.jpg

3017551-marlo_jones-incredible_hulk%23620-kills_abomination.jpg

3017552-marlo_jones-incredible_hulk%23620-that_was_fun.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Rick Jones got executed by HYDRA thanks to Evil Cap and he's likely gone for a long time.

Wait so Rick Jones and Rick Flag were in Spencer's Secret Empire? I totally don't remember Jones at all, but maybe I had just thought Flag was the dude in SE that Hydra Cap killed...

Jones was also the human counterpart for Mar-vel and his son Genis-vel? Sorta like the guy that could become Thor back in the day?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so Rick Jones and Rick Flag were in Spencer's Secret Empire? I totally don't remember Jones at all, but maybe I had just thought Flag was the dude in SE that Hydra Cap killed...

Jones was also the human counterpart for Mar-vel and his son Genis-vel? Sorta like the guy that could become Thor back in the day?

Rick Flag is Suicide Squad. Rick Jones is the dude who died in Secret Empire. And yes, same guy bonded to Captain Marvel.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody tell Jeff Lemire that Mr. Terrific doesn't have to be the biggest prick in a book that has Simon Stagg in it. Jeez.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rooting for Tom King and Mark Russell.
Wait what's the deal with that guy? Never heard of him, just curious
Devin Faraci, who looks like Derek Faraci, posts like Derek Faraci, and worked at the same place as Derek Faraci, but doesn't seem to be the same person, is a serial sexual harasser. I was wrong about Derek as I assumed it was the same person, and it doesn't seem to be, although it is weird that they have so much in common.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Rooting for Tom King and Mark Russell.

Devin Faraci, who looks like Derek Faraci, posts like Derek Faraci, and worked at the same place as Derek Faraci, but doesn't seem to be the same person, is a serial sexual harasser. I was wrong about Derek as I assumed it was the same person, and it doesn't seem to be, although it is weird that they have so much in common.
I...... think that's his brother actually...

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Any fans of Lone Wolf & Cub? If so, are the DH omnibus the best/only way to read it? Was thinking about trying a volume

Quite brilliant. One of the best works in the medium. 50 years on and still hard to find action sequences at that level.

Pains me to say this, but Digital > DH Omnibus > Old style volumes. The double pagers in the omnis are a bit of a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.