• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Boy?

• Izuku Midoriya

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Katsuki Bakugo

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shoto Todoroki

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The only fools in here are the people who read comics.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Then we have no fools. 🧐
Omake%2BGif%2BAnime%2B-%2BBoku%2Bno%2BHero%2BAcademia%2B-%2BEpisode%2B47%2B-%2BAll%2BMight%2BThumbs%2BUp%2Bto%2BBakugo.gif

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Today, I finally got around to reading the last issue of my 2018 subscription to the Indie comic zine, Frontier.

Issue #18 featured Tiffany Ford's sketches she did while on her honeymoon in Japan, so it was a pretty nostalgic read for me. I found myself chuckling when I turned to the page showing her and her husband trying takoyaki for the first time. This food is infamously hot (temperature), and I think that's something you have to find out first hand. The page is cute, showing the two of them excitedly trying to eat it in one bite, only to end up giving themselves burns on their tongues that lasted for days.

It was really fun subscribing to this zine the last year. I had missed the cutoff for subscriptions during the madness of moving internationally, but the founder was kind enough during email correspondence to add me after the deadline. He'd also been very personal about delays due to him and his wife having a baby. This was a really intimate look into the publishing process that I'd never had.

Before subscribing, I'd just been buying issues as they struck me, like Jillian Tamaki's SexCoven. I'm not sure that I continue with a subscription in 2019, because I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in the US (and shipping to Japan is an expense I don't think I can afford). Either way, it makes me happy to know there are exploratory, creative works like this still thriving.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I have tried JoJo multiple times and I just can't do it. It never connects.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Just for my own curiosity I decided to list my entire backlog of books, this includes comics, manga and those things without funny picture. This is also only stuff I own physically.

In no particular order other than me seeing it on my bookshelves

Beowulf
Tell me Darkly
Avengers volume 2 by Hickman
The Girl from the Other Side volume 6
The Fall of House of West volume 2
Old City Blues
Essex County
Manhattan Project 1-4
Batman rebirth volume 8
Hellboy and the BPRD 1955
Koshchei the Deathless
Black Hammar volume 3
Rumble volume 5
Mister Miracle
New Mutants Demon Bear
Descender volume 2
The One Trick Rip Off
Wytches
Monstress 2-3
White Knight the GOAT
Superman rebirth 1-3 and volume 4 of New 52 cus i fucked up the order.
New Lone Wolf and Cub volume 1-11
Samurai Executioner omnibus 1-4
Satsuma Gishiden 1-3
Middlesex (no idea what this is, I bought it for a dollar at goodwill cus I liked the cover)
Shadow and Claw
Book four of Red Rising
Neuromancer
Homicide by David Simmon
Dune 1-3
The way of kings
Blindsight
The forever war
Wandering Island 1-2
Trigun full series
Rurouni Kenshin vizbigs 1-9 (I've read about half the series when I was a kid, will reread whenever I decide to read it again)
Tug Voyanging by GRRM
Yotsuba 1-12
Made in Abyss 1-4
Monster 1-9
Pluto 1-8
20th Century Boys 1-2

The last three i read when I was a teen and I just got them to collect them and reread them at some point since they're some of my favorite shonen jumps.

I need to finish this backlog before I buy something new.
Im already itching to buy more shit for the pile.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt you'd like parts 1-3, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if you liked 4 and onward. It's likely not your thing, though.
Jojo was kind of ridiculous to me until Stardust Crusaders. I mean, I watched it, but SC is when I really started liking it. Before that it just seemed to be a running joke with a bunch of characters whose names were parodies.
ugh...I dont want to read comics
Never read comics again. Only manga.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Land of Lustrous is a manga I love...

That is u questionably better as an anime.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
small but good upcoming for comics.

- end of this starting Champions arc, curious if it's going to have a lasting impact on Miles
- beginning of War of Realms
- finally, the Gibbon one-shot we've all been craving

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
X-Uniforms are trash.

There aint a single X-man that looks better on the generic gear than they do in their custom fits.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
We have yet to ascend into a state of godhood where shonen is all we see. We're getting close though

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
How is the final crisis 10th anniversary omnibus is it a good story?
How good is your Grant Morrison knowledge? First time I read it I had no clue wtf was going on. Reread it recently having read Seven Soldiers and Grant's Batman run and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even as a casual though I still loved its portrayal of Darkseid. Dude is putting reality through the ringer.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
While I'm on my x-men tangent, seems rosenberg is finally getting back to that big fucking elephant in the room in his run.

And... that's going to end badly.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
okay gonna make my list for wednesday:

Attack on Titan Vol. 27
One Piece Vol. 90
the limited edition reprint of Satoshi Kon's Tropic of the Sea
My Hero Academia Vol. 18
Ninja Slayer: Machine of Vengeance Vol. 12 (okay I lied it comes out next Monday)

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if nothing else, Hunted will have been worth it for Arcade's line of Kraven Robot Avatars, complete with micro transactions

0uR62Op.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.