• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Izuku Midoriya

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Katsuki Bakugo

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shoto Todoroki

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.instocktrades.com/comingsoon

There's a few things that are listed as 4/17 which is weird cus what I want (Dead Demons) is listed as coming out today on the official Viz website and it's already for sale on Amazon.

Mistake? Ulterior motive to destroy manga?

Maybe it was delayed? Batman Dlx 4 is listed as 4/17 and it can be ordered now.

(Though I do recall a few situations where some manga or FB releases were available on Amazon a week early).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuck how is IDW's TMNT series so consistently amazing

Bebop and Rocksteady are not supposed to be this cool.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I saw a superhero. He was black. He said "This is for the streets." Black Lightning's back.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Almost finished with Hickman' Avengers. Think ive got like 4 or 5 issue left before Secret Wars.

Wonder if Hickman had planned on having Doom be that Rabam alal guy the whole time, or even since FF.

What are people thinking of Snyder's Justice League?
Its great with some even better art. The current arc has been really neat.

Its a lot like Metal, so you can you that as a judge for if you will like it or not, if you read Metal.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Hickman had planned on having Doom be that Rabam alal guy the whole time, or even since FF.
It was incredibly obvious in hindsight
QW7yxyv.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It was incredibly obvious in hindsight
QW7yxyv.jpg
Sure. I mean I assumed Doom would play a large role somewhere during the conflict, but didnt think Rabum Alal would be anyone all that special until now after seeing the reveal. Yea they have been hyping him up the last few issues, but before then he was just this ominous name that just seemed like a figurehead for the Black Swans religion, not an actual person with all this power.

I read Hickman's FF in full like a year or two ago, so I saw the pieces being planted for him creating his own world, which I know now leads to him creating the Secret Wars world.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read comics in like two weeks. Catching up on some things before this week's drop.

I've cut down to only buying like 4-5 books a week.

Oct 25, 2017
The end to the BPRD was pretty much perfect. This last 15 issue run has probably been the most inconsistent and my least favourite run of the core books, partly because the endings they had already achieved were basically perfect for the characters and partly due to it's own pacing/content as a fifteen issue run. I think they had just had this ending in their pocket all this time and in the end didn't really know how to get to it gracefully from the end of In Hell/Hell on Earth. That said, now that they got here, it was a really really good finale to the mythos.

I think folks tuned into the books have been able to see the core three being the torchbearers of I don't know how to put it, the heart, health and spirit of the old world?, that would carry those essences into the new one for some time, but it was really cool to finally see it. They seeded Hellboy's blood bringing life so early in the books too lol and even referenced that story earlier in the issue in regards to the osiris club. Very melancholic but intertwined with hope, a reminder that it isn't about us, it's what comes next and giving that it's best chance.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
The german comic podcast I listen to really liked The White Knight. Maybe I should give it a shot, maybe it is better in the german translation.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
The german comic podcast I listen to really liked The White Knight. Maybe I should give it a shot, maybe it is better in the german translation.

People outside of here generally like the book. I thought it was bad. But I don't blame anyone who likes it.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Ok so I'm gonna need someone to explain to me the difference between the MONITOR and the Monitors and how they all fit together

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The end to the BPRD was pretty much perfect. This last 15 issue run has probably been the most inconsistent and my least favourite run of the core books, partly because the endings they had already achieved were basically perfect for the characters and partly due to it's own pacing/content as a fifteen issue run. I think they had just had this ending in their pocket all this time and in the end didn't really know how to get to it gracefully from the end of In Hell/Hell on Earth. That said, now that they got here, it was a really really good finale to the mythos.

I think folks tuned into the books have been able to see the core three being the torchbearers of I don't know how to put it, the heart, health and spirit of the old world?, that would carry those essences into the new one for some time, but it was really cool to finally see it. They seeded Hellboy's blood bringing life so early in the books too lol and even referenced that story earlier in the issue in regards to the osiris club. Very melancholic but intertwined with hope, a reminder that it isn't about us, it's what comes next and giving that it's best chance.

Now that it's all said and done, 95% of the Devil You Know was completely unnecessary, but that was a damn good finale for the series. The events were completely predictable (between the two of us, I think we accurately called everything that ended up happening), but it worked so well. There was really no other way for it conclude, any other ending would have felt cheap and unearned. When I inevitably revisit this in the future, I'll probably skip all of this cycle except for a couple key issues.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Look at my beautiful children... And Todoroki getting ready to fight.

Beautiful statues

Status
Not open for further replies.