• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Boy?

• Izuku Midoriya

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Katsuki Bakugo

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shoto Todoroki

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about the book is that its technically the very first in continuity story post Secret Wars. But when it came out it was basically sent out to die (from what I remember) since it was an ogn. Plus it came out at the exact same time as Bendis's Age of Ultron which got most of the promotion, since it was also at the same time as the Avengers Age of Ultron movie lol.

I havent read it since it came out, but I need to read it again after finishing Hickman's Avengers and Secret Wars. I do remember it being heavily reliant on knowing a lot of Ultron's past stories. But even with that said, I still think it was a much better Ultron story compared to Bendis's.
oooh verry interesting. I had forgotten all about that. Bendis's Age of Ultron is one of the worst comics I've read and I say that as Bendis *and* Hitch fan. Rage of Ultron is significantly better.
I saw this pop up on cmx awhile back and thought it sounded interesting, based on this right up I'll have to check it out.

As someone who is not a big Brubaker reader, I really enjoyed this actually. I enjoyed the twist (which was probably obvious to anyone else who has read all the Bru/Phillips stuff) and thought the story was interesting. Gonna echo your sentiments on the colors, I really dug the look of the book and the color palette, it really served the story well I think.
Let me know what you think about About Bettys Boob. I had originally wanted to pick it up while I was in France a couple years ago but had limited space left in my bag so I had been looking forward to it for some time.

Are Bru and Phillips gonna put out ogns from now on?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Huge spoilers for Endgame are out. Someone filmed like the entire movie and posted 4 minutes of it on youtube lol.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
that time some total rando popped up in a GAF thread and spilled the entire first issue of Civil War II is still my favorite leak and iirc it was months before the event actually started so how that guy knew about it will forever be a mystery

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
that time some total rando popped up in a GAF thread and spilled the entire first issue of Civil War II is still my favorite leak and iirc it was months before the event actually started so how that guy knew about it will forever be a mystery
that was great, I think Rich was trying to get an account during it lol

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I returned to reading comics yesterday. Now I have a toothache. Explain that. Didn't happen when I was reading Shonen Jumps.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the Marvel Unlimited app was bad but it's shocking how craptacular it is compared to the DC Universe app. Started reading through Crisis on Infinite Earths and it's remarkable how smooth it is, and of course the quality (thanks tim). Maybe we'll get lucky and Marvel will actually improve MU in response but I doubt it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Red Widow has been back in Aaron's Avengers, especially in the most recent arc before WotR.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the Marvel Unlimited app was bad but it's shocking how craptacular it is compared to the DC Universe app. Started reading through Crisis on Infinite Earths and it's remarkable how smooth it is, and of course the quality (thanks tim). Maybe we'll get lucky and Marvel will actually improve MU in response but I doubt it.

As someone who uses both apps, I am very confused by this post. The DC app has trouble with the smallest custom lists, crashing all the time. The lists of comics that are large (Batman, for example) load very slowly, and the search is slow and comes up with strange results. About the only thing I'd like from MU is more than one reading list.

This is on iOS, though, so maybe you're talking about a different platform.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
832391.jpg

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
I ordered infinite crisis omnibus and i have final crisis,and secret invasion are there any similar marvel omnibus im interested in the infinity omnibus that includes infinity gauntlet but ive seen YouTube channels saying skip it i like big story books like i wish they would release civilwar 1&2 omnibus.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I read the first five issues of the Chelsea Cain Mockingbird series and it's so good :'(

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Red Widow has been back in Aaron's Avengers, especially in the most recent arc before WotR.
It's apparently a different Red Widow and the old one (with the electricity powers) is being forgotten.

I read the first five issues of the Chelsea Cain Mockingbird series and it's so good :'(
I like the first two issues but then it quickly goes off the rails.

The best part was that all the speculation and rumors led to Sam Humphries being accused of being the leaker since he jumped ship to DC right before.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
Catched up on ASM and Hunted is a really good Arc so far. My only gripe would be that there is no mention of the animal themed mutants like Wolverine but that is a nitpick.

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Always wanted to start reading comics. But I have no idea where to start and what should I read. And now with Endgame hype, I am even more interested.

I am more interested in Marvel (mostly spider-man). But no harm if you can recommend anything good or interesting. I just want to get started and explore to and to find out what kind of comic I actually like.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Always wanted to start reading comics. But I have no idea where to start and what should I read. And now with Endgame hype, I am even more interested.

I am more interested in Marvel (mostly spider-man). But no harm if you can recommend anything good or interesting. I just want to get started and explore to and to find out what kind of comic I actually like.

The current Amazing Spider-man is a good read.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Hi guys,

JMS' Spiderman run is good
https://m.comixology.com/Amazing-Sp...mate-Collection-Book-One/digital-comic/748777

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Started on Plague of Frogs omni 4. Got me thinking about the character arc of Johann.
After that arc with the ghost he falls in love with, the whole impression of him has changed. It went from stoic time-displaced character (which I guess is not really a character trait) to bit of a creep/asshole. It is a little understandable for sure, but still a little unsettling to see for a main character. I am sure there is going to be some redemption arc in the future but I guess everyone in BPRD is broken in some way. Except Abe. Abe is always cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.