• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Boy?

• Izuku Midoriya

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Katsuki Bakugo

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shoto Todoroki

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Morrison's JLA is plagued with poor art and I cant believe some people are comparing it favorably to The Authority/Ultimates. Its a fun comic marred by bad art which should put it at a considerably lower level in a visual medium than comics that are drawn by Frank Quitely and Bryan Hitch and you cant change my mind unless you give me money

That art is so 90s it is hard for me to get through. But there are so many epic stories.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Realized I should go back and include JLA Year One to wrap up Waid's run while I'm at it (and I had it in my backlog anyway)... and I didn't know Black Canary wore a wig. Huh. Have I just never happened to see her in civilian wear before, I guess...?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That art is so 90s it is hard for me to get through. But there are so many epic stories.
Howard porter's art is msuch better during his flash run with geoff imo. His art during jla...its like he came from the art school of drawing characters in poses because that is how he draws characters in this book. Also what was up with Bats having clawed gloves in issue #1?

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all, if I'm reading Criminal now, when should I read My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies? Since they're apparently connected.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all! Some quick recommendations are needed.

I just got done with Lemire's Moon Knight run as well as Edmonson/Noto's Black Widow. Both were fantastic and the MK run is probably my favorite comic book line ever. What else Marvel would you recommend based off of liking both of these smaller scale comic lines?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
In the middle of Plague of Frogs omnibus 4. Enjoying it but, tbh, not as much as the previous volume. The pacing has been killed completely and I am a little tired of the now unnecessarily cryptic and long-winded Saa. The action scenes are starting to feel a little like a chore too. Just waves of the same enemies, like the Library level in Halo.

The Warning and Black Goddess could have been merged into a single 5-6 issue arc. King of Fear is off to a good start but I think I need to take a break before I continue reading it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

I just got done with Lemire's Moon Knight run as well as Edmonson/Noto's Black Widow. Both were fantastic and the MK run is probably my favorite comic book line ever. What else Marvel would you recommend based off of liking both of these smaller scale comic lines?

Cates and Shaws Thanos
Allred and Slott Silver Surfer
King and Walta Vision
Fraction, Aja and Wu Hawkeye

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is William Gibson's Alien 3 worth reading?
Eh, nothing really happend in the first 4 issues so I kinda gave up. Its neat to see William Gibson's script for Alien 3, but the guy actually writing and drawing the book doesnt do that great of a job presenting in comic form. When its all out in a tpb and on sale for pretty cheap, then yea I would get it if it still interests you.

There is a new Alien comic out called Alien Resistance that follows Amanda Ripley after the events of the Alien Isolation game that has been pretty neat.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, does Black Mask stuff just not have sales on Comixology? I've had Kim & Kim on my wishlist for a good while now waiting for a sale, but not only have I never stumbled into one... I can't find any evidence of one ever happening through my googling. So... I guess I should just suck it up and buy it at some point? (Though I'd probably still wait till my backlog is at least a little more under control. I mean, I still have 4100 unread!)

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Eh, nothing really happend in the first 4 issues so I kinda gave up. Its neat to see William Gibson's script for Alien 3, but the guy actually writing and drawing the book doesnt do that great of a job presenting in comic form. When its all out in a tpb and on sale for pretty cheap, then yea I would get it if it still interests you.

There is a new Alien comic out called Alien Resistance that follows Amanda Ripley after the events of the Alien Isolation game that has been pretty neat.
Yeah, I felt this way about Arcangel. The encapsulation was just awful. And the first issue of Alien 3 was all over the place.

Thanks for the rec. Alien Isolation was great, so I'll check that out.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Huh. Realized I should go back and include JLA Year One to wrap up Waid's run while I'm at it (and I had it in my backlog anyway)... and I didn't know Black Canary wore a wig. Huh. Have I just never happened to see her in civilian wear before, I guess...?
Yeah that's a 90s thing and maybe earlier? I found that out in Dixon's Birds of Prey. I think after awhile they just made her a natural blonde.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the last page of the latest Immortal Hulk, with the rick jones narration captions leading to the title reveal, deserves an Esiner

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also about 90% sure Immortal Hulk #18 is finally gonna introduce that horror-influenced Abomination I've been waiting to see, so hype

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I kept reading Venom Space Knight and it did get a lot better. Actually, Flash is the worst part of the book - he makes way too many stupid jokes. But all of the supporting characters are really good - the panda, the suicidal robot, the Medusa woman, etc.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I kept reading Venom Space Knight and it did get a lot better. Actually, Flash is the worst part of the book - he makes way too many stupid jokes. But all of the supporting characters are really good - the panda, the suicidal robot, the Medusa woman, etc.
I love that he's this awkward "I don't know how to lead this weird group of out of place aliens" guy who has to be the straight man at the same time as also being really out of place himself.

It's fun.

Error_404

Nov 12, 2017

Read Loki: Agent of Asgard, best take on the character and super short (19 issues)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I want to read that Young Loki story sometime. I think its from Journey into Mystery. When he was transformed into a kid again or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.