• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is the next X-Men writer?

• Kelly Thompson

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Jonathan Hickman

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Donny Cates

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Brian Michael Bendis

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Al Ewing

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Neverforget.

1454852-zz_image_united.jpg
Such a mess.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It seems he thinks Lee profited from Jack Kirby, and he got triggered with an online article praising Lee.

Rubín is known for being a little bit temperamental. There are rumors that he once almost got into a fistfight with Pere Perez, the artist of the Rogue and Gambit mini.
A temper and social media will never mix

On paper having each creator draw their character for each issue sounds like a cool idea.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that sounds like a terrible idea if you ever want the book to finish considering image artists

Again they tanked Valiant because they are unreliable
That is what I said on paper. But when you start adding reality that is where so many great plans fall apart. Like

2950951-ad-armageddon-2001.jpg

God Will Payton I miss you

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to read West Coast Avengers 1 and that was a breath of fresh air. It was fun, clever, funny and scratched an itch that Marvel and DC usually can't = the fun, not too serious, but still good comic. It reminds me a bit of Power Girl and even JLI in that regard. Can't wait for issue #2.
I'll check out the new Jessica Jones as I love the character.
Is Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye run worth reading? Is it readily available? I loved Fraction's Hawkeye, but bailed once his run wrapped up.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the Shattered Grid thread, but the final issue was the worst one and overall disappointing.

I wanted a new Brotherhood and we got one.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what

They all look the same to me. Same cheekbones. Same noses even. Were the artists just that similar?
Image United is a 2009 planned six-issue comic book limited series published by Image Comics. Art for the series was to be done by six of the seven Image co-founders Whilce Portacio, Jim Valentino, Marc Silvestri, Rob Liefeld, Erik Larsen and Todd McFarlane, with each artist drawing the characters he created.[1] Jim Lee, the seventh Image founder, who is now affiliated with DC Comics, is contributing covers to the series.[2] The series was written by Image partner Robert Kirkman. As of May 2018, only three of the planned six issues had been published.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to read West Coast Avengers 1 and that was a breath of fresh air. It was fun, clever, funny and scratched an itch that Marvel and DC usually can't = the fun, not too serious, but still good comic. It reminds me a bit of Power Girl and even JLI in that regard. Can't wait for issue #2.
Is Kelly Thompson's Hawkeye run worth reading? Is it readily available? I loved Fraction's Hawkeye, but bailed once his run wrapped up.

It's good and almost the entire thing is on CMX Unlimited and MU. But I'd say that WCA is already better, the human cast she gets (the ones that showed up in WCA #1) is pretty boring and she works better bouncing off of Clint and co. Her boyfriend is still whatever though.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Kelly Thompson Hawkeye is definitely worth reading and is a pseudo prequel to West coast as it's the start of Hawkeye status quo you see in west coast

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kelly Thompson Hawkeye is definitely worth reading and is a pseudo prequel to West coast as it's the start of Hawkeye status quo you see in west coast
Yes, read it. It also picks up some threads from Fraction's Hawkeye
It's readily available on CMX

It's good and almost the entire thing is on CMX Unlimited and MU. But I'd say that WCA is already better, the human cast she gets (the ones that showed up in WCA #1) is pretty boring and she works better bouncing off of Clint and co. Her boyfriend is still whatever though.

Thanks! I'll check it out! Looking forward to it.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
What's the story with that I'm not old

Captain Atom was to be the villain but they turned it into Hawk because it leaked.
Stop joking. Nobody misses Will Payton, lol.
Starman was bad, but young me liked it. My mom liked it for some reason even though she never really read comics.
Haters, and people wonder why I don't hang out in this thread

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Her run on Hawkeye is good. It took me a bit to warm up but once it gets going, it's a fun read with some very nice art. It's easily the best Hawkeye book since Fraction finished his run, but I suppose that undersells it a bit lol. You'll enjoy it if you liked this, Thompson treats Kate very well.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I mean in the panel itself he mentions that they have more diverse plans upcoming, and this is the same company putting out stuff like X-Men Red and Coates Cap... It's still dumb PR speak trying to appeal to people whining that comics are "too political".
It's better than whatever the fuck Alonso was doing.
Bruh, we are basically four issues in now, since these digital books are almost 50 pages each.
I'd still say it's not as good. The art in particular, but also there's a level of depth Thompson hasn't grasped yet for Jessica. She has a good voice and tone for the character, but she lacks something. She'll find it eventually, I'm sure, but this feels more like popcorn JJ as opposed to the full meal that was the previous run,

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
dudes being shitty to women in comics is like fucking gangrene and at this point the only thing we can do is amputate, I'll let you do whatever you want with that metaphor

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
So with Mahmud Asrar doing art duties on Conan w/ Aaron, I'd imagine that takes him out of contention as regular UXM artist after the 10 part opening.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

I'm guessing that the "Women of Marvel" thing is being handled by Amanat given the name and it's for the 80th anniversary, so it will probably go back decades.

These are two separate statements so we'll see what the latter leads into. I would like to see a new A Force book.

Yo. The ending to Blue made me wanna stop reading comics.
The ending is something I've wanted for a while now personally lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
When did Young OG Angel get his Metal fire wings? And why did he get rid of his angel wings?

Do we know when X-Men Blue and Gold are ending officially? I mean I assume they will when UXM launches, but has Marvel said what their last issues will be?

He's on Conan? I thought it was going to be Ribic? Great news either way, I love the dudes art.

Ribic is doing the covers.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
When did Young OG Angel get his Metal fire wings? And why did he get rid of his angel wings?

Do we know when X-Men Blue and Gold are ending officially? I mean I assume they will when UXM launches, but has Marvel said what their last issues will be?
He got them at end of Black Vortex and he did so in order to change his future because he didn't want to end up like present Warren.

Blue and Gold are ending at 36.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
He got them at end of Black Vortex and he did so in order to change his future because he didn't want to end up like present Warren.

Blue and Gold are ending at 36.

That makes sense then I guess lol. Its not exactly the best way to go about that, but I get the idea. Still need to read Black Vortex, just keep forgetting about it lol. Its sitting on my shelf still shrink wrapped.

Did you read Extermination #2 btw?

Really hope Marvel releases a Omni for X-Men Blue or an OHC. During the lead up to this release, I was 100% positive Gold would be the better of the two and Blue would just be crap after All New X-Men. But man was I wrong. Really need to read it through after I finish Shattered Grid.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense then I guess lol. Its not exactly the best way to go about that, but I get the idea. Still need to read Black Vortex, just keep forgetting about it lol. Its sitting on my shelf still shrink wrapped.

Did you read Extermination #2 btw?

Really hope Marvel releases a Omni for X-Men Blue or an OHC. During the lead up to this release, I was 100% positive Gold would be the better of the two and Blue would just be crap after All New X-Men. But man was I wrong. Really need to read it through after I finish Shattered Grid.
Yeah, I'm really enjoying Extermination so far. Pepe Larraz continues to be great and Brisson is delivering.

Status
Not open for further replies.