• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the next X-Men writer?

• Kelly Thompson

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Jonathan Hickman

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Donny Cates

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Brian Michael Bendis

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Al Ewing

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet! You gonna jump into 52 and keep the train going?

Also glad the Rebirth dress is maintained for Green Arrow. Wasn't sure if they were gonna drop it.
I doubt it. I last read 52 a lot more recently than Infinite Crisis. Like probably a year ago. Now, I must admit that I AM tempted regardless. Right now I'm reading Nightwing Rebirth Deluxe Vol 2. We'll see how I'm feeling after I get through it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me

20180831_163208.JPG

They're going to co-opt anything you do. Someone likened it to them wanting to win an argument on a forum, and that's pretty accurate. I guess you could just generically type "Fuck #Comicsgate" but they'd prolly find a way to turn that around too. "Fuck, #Comicsgate is really awesome!"

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
BC says that Steve Lieber is being brought back for some of the art alongside Ramos on the upcoming ASM arc focused on Boomerang. Wonder if he'll be involved in any future Superior Foes related arcs.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
BC says that Steve Lieber is being brought back for some of the art alongside Ramos on the upcoming ASM arc focused on Boomerang. Wonder if he'll be involved in any future Superior Foes related arcs.
Oh that's awesome news. Lieber is such a cool dude and his art is great. He's a great follow on Twitter if you don't follow him already BTW. Very funny and shares a lot of nice things.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Bogo Marvel dale on cmx! Going to get the rest of X-Men Blue and see if there's any DD trades I still don't have.

Use code bogo

On the recent Comics Conspiracy podcast, they said that the recent DC solicits make it sound like Nightwing is going to get his legs broken or chopped off by kgbeast in Batman 56? Is Dick gunna be the new Oracle for a bit lol? His book is going to be double shipping at that time apparently...

Heres the Newsarama article about it that they mentioned: What is NIGHTWING's "Devastating Injury?"

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They are totally "relaunching" Daredevil after issue #612. The theory was that it would be a new Daredevil launch under the new Marvel Knights imprint, if they do a new Marvel Knights after the miniseries wraps up.

Newsarama: Big DAREDEVIL Announcement Coming Soon

"I realize I haven't written much about my Marvel work - but there's a lot of interesting stuff coming up in that world too. A big announcement should hit soon about Daredevil (and not just the incredible news that they've put a character named Samuel Chung, created by me and Ron Garney in our Daredevil run as Matt Murdock's apprentice, in the upcoming Iron Fist Season 2 show on Netflix)," Soule wrote.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anything to buy in the Marvel or Dark Horse sales

I think I've reached enlightenment

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Charles Soule writes like 50 books. They should let him do X-Men, it'd fit lol.

All the while writing his 2nd novel lol. I dont know how he does it, and with how Astonishing nose dived hard in the second half, I think hes taken on too much at once. I was hoping he would get the Wolverine solo book, but I just dont know anymore.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | SPIDAMAN!
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | X Men are the Cleveland Browns of the Marvelverse.
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | More Bruhaha than DC has Imprints.
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | Still waiting for NFL Superpro to be rebooted.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Bogo Marvel dale on cmx! Going to get the rest of X-Men Blue and see if there's any DD trades I still don't have.

Use code bogo

On the recent Comics Conspiracy podcast, they said that the recent DC solicits make it sound like Nightwing is going to get his legs broken or chopped off by kgbeast in Batman 56? Is Dick gunna be the new Oracle for a bit lol? His book is going to be double shipping at that time apparently...

Heres the Newsarama article about it that they mentioned: What is NIGHTWING's "Devastating Injury?"
People are assuming that Dick either loses a limb or receives a head injury that makes it impossible for him to use his acrobatic talent.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | SPIDAMAN!
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | X Men are the Cleveland Browns of the Marvelverse.
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | More Bruhaha than DC has Imprints.
COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | Still waiting for NFL Superpro to be rebooted.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2018 | Spidey's Got 99 Problems and One of Them is a Puddle

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
People are assuming that Dick either loses a limb or receives a head injury that makes it impossible for him to use his acrobatic talent.

The article and the solicits mention that whatever the injury is it will cause Dick to have trouble with heights and vertigo lol. I have no idea what that could be other than a psychological "injury".

Nightwing #51 will have Dick struggling to "overcome his own sudden struggles with heights and vertigo."

"He has lost his primary skill set as a hero," the solicitation says, "and will have to focus on his brilliance as a detective instead."

Whatever it ends up being though, it has to be compelling enough to justify them going from a monthly release, to double shipping. Im curious to see what they end up doing with him though. Having a more detective focused storyline sounds really interesting if its done well.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Finally read The Courtyard and Neonomicon by Alan Moore. Damn, Neonomicon is hardcore. I thought they were great and very much in line with what I read of Lovecraft.

Also, continuing my reading of Grant Morrison's Batman. I just finished his Batman and Robin. Great story. It's amazing how he connects everything from Black Glove through RIP and Final Crisis. Now I'm into Return of Bruce Wayne, gonna finish it tonight. I can already say his is one of the most consistently good superhero runs I've read.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
DC bribing reviewers with chips and salsa. Where have the ethics in comic book journalism gone. Is this why Messi is suppressing Marvel in the OP?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Myself and Tyrant Rave have decided to part ways on the OT creation team. Tyrant will be leaving the team due to horrendous opinions. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Freezasaurus will be returning to the creation team in his place.

Thank you

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Messi have you ever gotten a Publix Chicken tender sub when you visit Florida? It's my favorite sub, I could eat one daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.