• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the next X-Men writer?

• Kelly Thompson

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Jonathan Hickman

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Donny Cates

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Brian Michael Bendis

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Al Ewing

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
1 volume of Queen & Country

7 volumes of Prison School

-_-
Well the main character doesn't have a j cup and it's not a manga
That is both pathetic and unsurprising to say at least.

They aren't a thing anymore, they pretty much got replaced by the Champions now.
How long until the champions become forgotten
I can see a future where Marvel screws G Willow and Kamla Khan.
Obviously it's the comic industry

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel really is bad at making kid heroes or more less a thing that is not based on another hero.
That's superhero comics in general.

So foreigners are stealing white people jobs

Seriously it helps she was never that popular as far as I can tell like Chavez became popular before marvel squandered and Ms marvel is one of the only new young hero I have hope that won't fade to obscurity well until maybe G willow stop writing her
Miles? Viv will probably stick as well off the top of my head. IMO a character has made it when they have a big role in a book that is both not where they first and written by someone other than their creator.

Kamala isn't going anywhere and she's probably going to get a movie in the next phase or something.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I feel pretty good betting against Frank.

Speaking of Secret Empire, can anyone explain the ending of Captain America #2? Cap seems to reference how he came back or whatever. It involved making a deal or something?
Probably just that Cap owes Kobik something for her bringing him back.

Almost positive Coates is going to address the fact that Cap Hydra is the "real" Cap while current Cap is just a Kobik creation.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Read Vol. 3 of New 52 Birds of Prey. Most of which was just fighting ninjas on Katana's behalf, who also fought said ninjas on her own behalf. Curious to know whether the Dagger Clan appeared here or in Green Arrow first.

Oh well, now Strix is a part of the team! And Condor. I like Condor. He's fun.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Wilson has to worry about being credited. If there's any issue in that area it will be money related.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just that Cap owes Kobik something for her bringing him back.

Almost positive Coates is going to address the fact that Cap Hydra is the "real" Cap while current Cap is just a Kobik creation.
That really depends on how you look at it. Hydra Cap was a product of the Cosmic Cube, so you could make the argument that he's a figment of Kobik's imagination.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Wilson has to worry about being credited. If there's any issue in that area it will be money related.

I just don't see in the modern day how you seperate her from what she did on the book. It's everywhere.

She will leave due to contract and money stuff. Yeah.

Oh shit, yep. That's true.

Yeah. I looked. She has a tiny cameo lol. I guess G Willow was aware of this tho.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't see in the modern day how you seperate her from what she did on the book. It's everywhere.

Yeah. I looked. She has a tiny cameo lol. I guess G Willow was aware of this tho.

It's pretty rare we get this thing, like Nova was made by Loeb but we blew up post Loeb. Stature was made years before she officially became Stature.

America as well.

Sadly, money rules all and I fear Wilson might leave in a year or two or the same reasons Marvel lost Bennett, Hump and 5 of their top artists.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

I was referring more to movie money from Marvel Studios. We'll see what happens on the comics side.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Kamala according to wikis is made by
Sana Amanat
Stephen Wacker
G. Willow Wilson
Adrian Alphona

So yeah, I can see Sana writing Kamala herself if GWW leaves

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
On to volume 4 of BoP and Swerczynski isn't the writer. Now it's Cristy Marx. Another name I do not know. Let's see if she keeps up the pace.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
He's referring to Avengers Standoff. Old man Steve was getting beat to death by Crossbones, which reminded him of how bullies beat him down before he became Cap, and Kobik(who is essentially a cosmic cube) offered to to give him strength and make him a hero again. She also turns him into a Hydra agent in the process, which is what leads to Secret Empire. Steve in Coates's run is lamenting the fact that Secret Empire was caused by his need to no longer feel weak and accepting Kobik's offer.

I'm rushing this so I may have mixed something up.

Interesting. Thanks!

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Writers will always get credited. What they won't get is paid. Another issue a lot of the previous crop of writers that flocked to Image had was that if they made new characters in Marvel books, they were basically forfeiting their own ideas. Ideas that might well be profitable, especially if Marvel puts them in a movie.

Hickman at least specifically mentioned this, but I can't imagine Remender, Liu, etc. disagree.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Writers will always get credited. What they won't get is paid. Another issue a lot of the previous crop of writers that flocked to Image had was that if they made new characters in Marvel books, they were basically forfeiting their own ideas. Ideas that might well be profitable, especially if Marvel puts them in a movie.

Hickman at least specifically mentioned this, but I can't imagine Remender, Liu, etc. disagree.

Yeah, Remender wanted to own everything and it looks like that gamble paid off for him.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Jem and the Holograms? Huh.

Well it's turning out well so far.

I swear to god if one more betrayal happens I will flip my shit.

It's kinda like that lol.You can follow Strix into Gail Simones Batgirl and Secret Six where she has some really touching moments that Gail is great at.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Jerry Ordway talked about royalties from TV and movies recently on Word Balloon. He made the point that industry consolidation has hurt royalties for creators quite a bit as before DC comics or Marvel would be negotiating with studios for those types of things,b but now it's DC negotiating with WB and Marvel negotiating with Disney, so of course they're not going to fight hard for more payment for the creators.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how well Boom keeps up the momentum on its Power Rangers books.
I thought it would cool down after this event but those previews have me interested.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The powers mixing up has been hinted long back as In Space but never to its full potential. Also, is Mora leaving GGPR?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm excited for power rangers shot but idw made me love transformers so anything is possible

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
So I went through the first trade of the new Red Hood and the Outlaws, and while I haven't really care so much about Jason, there are some good stuff with him in this new series thus far, plus I quite like the team lineup, being its own trinity. Given a couple things I am aware about recently events through....

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
School started last week for me :(

Anyone here take Accounting 201? Does it get easier lol?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
For starters, not giving her credit that she made the character.

She didn't create her.

It's one of those situations like Joe Kelly. Joe Kelly didn't create Deadpool, but he essentially created the more complex Deadpool that we know. But, he'll never really great credit for that, because Liefeld technically created Deadpool and that's where credit stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.