• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Xavier the Maker?

• Yes

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The first Pirates of the Caribbean movie came out when I was 21, so I think that's the total how and why of me developing a taste for rum.

I'm just glad I'm not the only old here. It gets lonely. :/ *is about to turn 32 in 3 months*

I'm glad we can all agree that Big O is great.

....Nah.

Well, today officially sucks.
One of my favorite books of this year gets cancelled.
It's my first day back at school in 5 years. My anxiety was kicking in full gear. I'm not that older than most of my classmates but old enough to recognize we're of different generations. Making me feel worse.
My parents got angry at me because the tuition is kinda high.
And now I need to somehow request more hours at work to pay off the monthly car payments. Plus insurance.

At least there's Absolute Carnage.

You somehow saved the worst part of this for the end. Seriously though, hang in there. School was weird for me when I went and I was like, 22 while everyone else was 18 but you get used to it. People don't even care.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Big O is great all the way up until you need to make it into a cohesive narrative

At which point hahahahahahaha what the fuck?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Big O used to come on at the end of the night on adultswim and while I probably saw the whole thing, I can't tell you whether I liked it or not.

May 24, 2019
Re: Old talk
This internet 3.0 dog is turning 36 this year. Woo!
Except for movies, general shopping and work, I've pretty much stopped going out at all. I'm going to a concert in two weeks and it'll be my first in two or three years.
Then again, way fewer bands seem to tour here (NZ) than when I was in my 20s.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
OK got all my Batman comics ready, gonna head to the Hamptons and sit on a beach and read until i fall asleep - thanks everyone!

There's a great Annual later in the run that's by Tom Taylor, so it isn't essential to King's run, but it's damn good, so it should be read anyway.

Thanks, I think this is collected in the 9th trade so I'm good

none of you are old. It's all lies

thanks! i'm only 34, i have a whole life ahead of me

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The first Pirates of the Caribbean movie came out when I was 21, so I think that's the total how and why of me developing a taste for rum.
I'm just glad I'm not the only old here. It gets lonely. :/ *is about to turn 32 in 3 months*

....Nah.

You somehow saved the worst part of this for the end. Seriously though, hang in there. School was weird for me when I went and I was like, 22 while everyone else was 18 but you get used to it. People don't even care.
Except for movies, general shopping and work, I've pretty much stopped going out at all. I'm going to a concert in two weeks and it'll be my first in two or three years.
31 here and I want to object to the idea this counts as old!
OK got all my Batman comics ready, gonna head to the Hamptons and sit on a beach and read until i fall asleep - thanks everyone!

Thanks, I think this is collected in the 9th trade so I'm good

thanks! i'm only 34, i have a whole life ahead of me
Middle age starts at 35. We're on our way to the grave. Say g'day to that grim reaper, dudes!

oh you sweet summer children

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Look at all of us oldies here. Are we the ones yelling at clouds. Are we the ones killing comics.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so this is where all the olds congregate

glad I don't have that problem, I'm still young as can be for another 2 weeks until I turn 30 and my bones fall apart at midnight....

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I can still "yolo"(am I saying that right?) just as hard as the young people. I just like to be home at a decent hour.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I can't argue that I'm not old, because I think I was always old. I started complaining about "these damn kids" when some of the kids were older than me.

Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone, I recently subscribed to marvel unlimited and need some advice on how to proceed. I've recently read secret empire #5 and Sam feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the side story's that happen. I've been reading them based on their released date but everything just seems so disconnected.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Not suprised in the slightest by the young people in here. JC and Rave are the most obvious.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
A Meltzer mention gives me a chance to slip in one of my favorite Morrison quotes!

"Aquaman has no beard and John Stewart is Green Lantern so it's pretty much set in some kind of current continuity but I'm afraid it's not the gloomy 'adult' world of Sue Dibny's shredded lycra pants; so keep well away if it's attempted rape you crave. Cannibalism, yes, rape, no. My DCU is a day-glo, non-stop funhouse, where the world is threatened every five minutes and godlike beings clash in the skies like fireworks."

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Hi everyone, I recently subscribed to marvel unlimited and need some advice on how to proceed. I've recently read secret empire #5 and Sam feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the side story's that happen. I've been reading them based on their released date but everything just seems so disconnected.

A lot of times with big events that have tons of side stories, a lot of the tie-ins feel disconnected. They're the worst of both worlds in a way: tailor made for people who are reading the actual series while trying to force them to read the main event to understand the context.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
If you want, search up event reading orders on Google before proceeding and follow that

For non events chronological order works very well

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Didn't realize so many of you were older than me. Don't worry, it doesn't bother me to talk to people with dentures. (You're not old, and you're only a few years older than me)

Status
Not open for further replies.