• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Xavier the Maker?

• Yes

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I just finished the House of M main event and I suppose I expected more of the aftermath of "No More Mutants". What should I look for for the aftermath? Also are there any tie-ins worth reading? Just picked up House of M: Avengers issue 1.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
I just finished the House of M main event and I suppose I expected more of the aftermath of "No More Mutants". What should I look for for the aftermath? Also are there any tie-ins worth reading? Just picked up House of M: Avengers issue 1.
the aftermath is mostly on the X-books. If your were reading New X-Men back in the day you would quickly see the consequences.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Didn't realize so many of you were older than me. Don't worry, it doesn't bother me to talk to people with dentures. (You're not old, and you're only a few years older than me)
I still have the highest number anyone has thrown out, at 37.

It doesn't seem right that I'm 37, though. I'm nothing like what a 37-year-old was when I was a kid. I guess I haven't really done any hard living to age me as terribly as people aged back then. And I spend a lot more time thinking about Star Wars and comics than adults from my childhood.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, I'm old.

And also joining the thread after reading HoX/PoX and getting back into comics. I'm super excited that the new Gwenpool series started, but I'm sad that it's not Gurihuru doing the art.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't seem right that I'm 37, though. I'm nothing like what a 37-year-old was when I was a kid. I guess I haven't really done any hard living to age me as terribly as people aged back then. And I spend a lot more time thinking about Star Wars and comics than adults from my childhood.

Don't worry, I've got you beat

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Ya'll are old as hell but thanks for reading all of the golden age comics so we don't have to

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
This thread be like
ABcmEIa_d.jpg

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017

Add 10 years more and you are getting at me.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

CEgEFWLWMAImfRZ.png

(I've always wanted to use that)

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
sign me up for the retirement home. sounds like i'm among friends.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Big O is great all the way up until you need to make it into a cohesive narrative

At which point hahahahahahaha what the fuck?
Oh it's absolute nonsense

Fantastic
That's mini! It ran once! I genuinely had forgotten it was that long and thought it was only 13 for some reason
It did and then did so well in the US that Toonami funded the second season. Until FLCL S2&3 it was the only time that'd happened
A Meltzer mention gives me a chance to slip in one of my favorite Morrison quotes!

"Aquaman has no beard and John Stewart is Green Lantern so it's pretty much set in some kind of current continuity but I'm afraid it's not the gloomy 'adult' world of Sue Dibny's shredded lycra pants; so keep well away if it's attempted rape you crave. Cannibalism, yes, rape, no. My DCU is a day-glo, non-stop funhouse, where the world is threatened every five minutes and godlike beings clash in the skies like fireworks."
But what if I want bearded Aquaman?

Also I totally didn't know who Meltzer was until you dropped this quote.

sven

Oct 31, 2017

We're the same age. I turn 38 next month.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not sure if 30s looks different now, or if we're just bad at growing up lol.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

43 here. You're a youngling.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
While we're on the topic of age, what were the first comics y'all remember reading?

For me, it was probably The Simpsons comic. The first superhero runs I read were Johns on Teen Titans and Uncanny X-Men by... Chuck Austen.

Just noticed, today's my birthday.
Just noticed?
Happy birthday! I'm guessing you don't have plans since you just noticed, but I hope it's fun! I hope you are old!

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
While we're on the topic of age, what were the first comics y'all remember reading?

For me, it was probably The Simpsons comic. The first superhero runs I read were Johns on Teen Titans and Uncanny X-Men by... Chuck Austen.
Amazing Fantasy #15 lol

Think my first comic that wasn't in a trade was something from Amazing Spider-Man by JMS. Think it was an issue with Ezekiel.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Some Asterix volume, don't exactly remember which. Possibly Asterix in Britain?

7dFOape.png

nmQAY0T.jpg

Read a lot of Richie Rich that summer too.

Thinking back, that was a very odd tone/setting for a kids comic.

VeWRjsl.jpg

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
Started reading comics in 2012 with New52 but then started to read Ultimate Spider-Man and got hocked.

Only realized PR had Comic Book Stores like 2 years later since the one nearest to me was almost an hour drive.

Deleted member 59339

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I read stuff like newspaper strips and Disney Adventures before any full-on comic books. Then I think my first full comic books were probably random Disney things too.

For superheroes, I think it was Excalibur.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Wow am i really gonna be the youngest one here

Just noticed, today's my birthday.
Happy birthday invisible man!

For me it was either some Mortadelo & Filemón comics or Asterix and the Mansions of the Gods.

I got into superheroes after watching many youtube videos from comicsExplained and i jumped in around the time of DC Rebirth and ANAD, just picked up what looked interesting.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017

I remember going for a holiday via ferry to England when I was very small, and the comics I was given (because I was and still am a nervous traveller) had:

latest

and to the shock of no-one:

427px-Tfcolcom25.jpg

There was also a big bundle of Avengers comics which had this reprinted in it (man, what an issue to start with):
latest

Other than that: probably Power Rangers comics, and sneaking a look at my brother's 2000 ADs every so often. Started reading Marvel regularly when Panini started doing their UK reprints with the cardstock covers (the first issue I read has a NSFW cover so I won't put it here, but it was knee-deep in the Clone Saga so that gives you a rough idea). Didn't actually get into much DC until I got an "Ultimate Guide to the JLA" a few years later for Christmas and started reading the Morrison/Waid stuff because I gorged on the lore and loved the idea of legacy heroes.

Started going to comic shops roughly when Dreamwave started publishing their Transformers comics.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I remember going for a holiday via ferry to England when I was very small, and the comics I was given (because I was and still am a nervous traveller) had:

latest

and to the shock of no-one:

427px-Tfcolcom25.jpg

There was also a big bundle of Avengers comics which had this reprinted in it (man, what an issue to start with):
latest
I wish one of my first comics had a cover by George Perez...

Deleted member 59339

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I really didn't like comics with ongoing stories for a long time. I didn't buy them consistently enough for that. So I would get lots of back issues for things like Marvel Team-Up. I didn't want anything that wasn't done-in-one stories.

Marvel Team-Up was great for a new reader, because you always had the constant of Spider-Man, while also getting to constantly meet new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.