• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Xavier the Maker?

• Yes

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Someone needs to do Grant Morrison Batman to Superman

Aka Every Decade is a year of his life
Morrison tried that with his New 52 Action run even though he couldn't reference past continuity. Superman starts off as the Golden Age social justice activist who cares more about "real" issues like poverty and corruption and he's powered down to street level. He's much more confident, assertive, and he can't even fly yet. Brainiac and the Legion of Superheroes show up and Superman morphs into the Silver Age scientist and explorer. It ends with the more introspective Bronze/Post Crisis Superman fighting SuperDoomsday who represents the franchising of Superman. Really wish we could've gotten that run where Morrison could outright use past Superman continuity rather than just homage it though.
So, comic-era dwellers, I need your help.

Comixology is currently having a DC Rebirth sale. What are your top picks and must haves from Rebirth?
Really late to the party but:
Green Arrow
Super Sons
Tomasi Superman (skip Vol. 5 it's full of filler and just go to Imperius Lex)
Rucka's WW
Tynion Detective Comics
Yang's New Superman
Humphries Green Lanterns

When is the justice league of china coming back, I miss Kenan
They've cameo'd but that's not enough for me, I keep hoping they'll show up again somewhere else.

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
guys i can't believe it's 2019 and im reading xmen and enjoying it. the fuck happened to me?
I feel your pain. I thought I had quite monthlies and transcended to Marvel Unlimited, and being six months behind. Now I am going to a comic shop, on a Wednesday and picking up floppy dead trees. I feel dirty. I am driving an extra hour on Wednesdays to do this. This is not a good thing.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I feel your pain. I thought I had quite monthlies and transcended to Marvel Unlimited, and being six months behind. Now I am going to a comic shop, on a Wednesday and picking up floppy dead trees. I feel dirty. I am driving an extra hour on Wednesdays to do this. This is not a good thing.
I don't even like the x-men that much. Always really hit or miss with me.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
What I got today from IST.

ZsOnTuo.png

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Only X-Men runs I ever enjoyed were Morrison's and Whedon's. Otherwise the X-Men were just way too insanely convoluted with all their alternate reality and time travel bullshit for me to get into, and I just don't enjoy Claremont's method of writing. Hickman is off to a strong start and might just make an X-Fan of me if he can pull off a good run.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Alright.

I'm back in.

I've been out of physical comics for a few years now -- mainly due to money -- but I'm back. Haven't really been in a Comics OT since GAF. I've generally kept up with big stories and read some stuff online but I bought some actual comics today.

Picked up Absolute Carnage #1, Powers of X #1 and House of X #1. Anything I should grab to read before diving into those or am I good to just jump in there?

I also almost fell for getting Black Cat #1-3 because of the covers. They almost got me. Then I looked at the inside art and was't feeling it.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll read anything by him after Extremity.

Also, I'm currently on volume 3 of Gundam Origin. Char is such a sexy douche.
Char's revenge story is legendary! You should watch Zeta Gundam after that. Main charachter, Kamille, sucks shit but everyone else rules and Char is incognito helping an anti-fascist resistance front. Zeta Gundam is THE REALEST. (except when it isn't and kinda wack but it's more real than wack so it's k)

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Absolute Carnage #1, Powers of X #1 and House of X #1. Anything I should grab to read before diving into those or am I good to just jump in there?
You're good with all of them but I strongly recommend Donny Cates' Venom starting from the beginning. Just skip the War of the Realm tie-ins, they're not important. Cates reinvents the character and he actually made a Venom comic good in 2018 and 2019. But if you want to jump in to Absolute Carnage #1, it's still good but I think you'll get a lot more nuance by reading Venom.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You're good with all of them but I strongly recommend Donny Cates' Venom starting from the beginning. Just skip the War of the Realm tie-ins, they're not important. Cates reinvents the character and he actually made a Venom comic good in 2018 and 2019. But if you want to jump in to Absolute Carnage #1, it's still good but I think you'll get a lot more nuance by reading Venom.

Thanks, will probably go through those first.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Alright.

I'm back in.

I've been out of physical comics for a few years now -- mainly due to money -- but I'm back. Haven't really been in a Comics OT since GAF. I've generally kept up with big stories and read some stuff online but I bought some actual comics today.

I also almost fell for getting Black Cat #1-3 because of the covers. They almost got me. Then I looked at the inside art and was't feeling it.

We only discuss Shonen Jumps in here now.

Welcome back.

May 24, 2019
Did Pox 2 leak? How are you guys with spoilers reading it?

And yeah. Stuff like the Ric game post and the Tim costume, don't just post things without links. Don't make people have to hunt down what you're talkiung about.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

And yeah. Stuff like the Ric game post and the Tim costume, don't just post things without links. Don't make people have to hunt down what you're talkiung about.
Im sure the PoX stuff is coming from stores that got it and have read it before it releases tomorrow.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Saw a link to spoilers on reddit, but eh. I read it at midnight.

The OT is open to spoilers after release.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So after watching Linkara today I decided to check out Heroes in Crisis... And oh my God. While some of the testimonials were cool, it was a massive disappointment.

And that ending... Really what was the point of this comic except showing that yes PTSD exists and to turn Ivy into a literal plant?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
It was fun seeing Linkara tear The Gift apart, and should be fun seeing him do that to Heroes in Crisis also.

Man, Tom King's writing on Booster Gold is just, wow.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't make me defend Heroes in Crisis and make a fool of myself again.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
What can be said that hasn't already been said? It's a terrible comic. We'll just be going in a circle again.
And you don't need to whine because someone brought up a comic from a writer you like and they're voicing their disappointment. That brings absolutely nothing of value to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.