• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

COMICS!!!|OT| December 2018 |Face front, true believers!

Oct 28, 2017
The last few Janin issues have actually looked solid-to-good. I don't know if they switched colorists or something but I remembering thinking "wow, this doesn't look at all like awkwardly posed CG action figures."
Nah it's always been Bellaire over Janin, it's just the mood's shifted from pulp action to people watching a man fall apart.

Oct 27, 2017
The last few Janin issues have actually looked solid-to-good. I don't know if they switched colorists or something but I remembering thinking "wow, this doesn't look at all like awkwardly posed CG action figures."
I think that sometimes too, then I see his "Opaque Glasses Comissioner Gordon" or his "Starvation Victim Alfred Pennyworth" and I'm wishing for anyone else. Especially when he has a fill-in artist that looks SO MUCH better.

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my LCS, and it said open, and the doors were unlocked, but literally nobody was in there. I stood at the counter for like five minutes awkwardly and then just walked out. Uhh, what? I was looking so forward to reading this week's books. I can't go back after my work shift ends because the comic shop will be closed.

It's been a while comics friends. I took a week off to go work PAX Unplugged and had a ton of fun visiting Philly. I'm reviewing The Highest House TP for work. I'm only about half way through issue 3 (?) and it's quite excellent. I'll have a mini-summary once I'm done reading it but yeah, check it out guys. I have a backlog of comics to read at some point between getting back into the swing of things.

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone is basking in the glow of new comics, which I unfortunately won’t be able to get until tomorrow evening.

HOWEVER, I did read the Black Canary and Zatanna Bloodspell graphic novel on my commute today, and I really enjoyed it. Joe Quinones is so great on art, I never doubted I would enjoy that aspect. The Dini story is fun, too, particularly the flashbacks. I especially enjoyed the Zatanna JLA introductions, and the time on Apokolips. I thought it ended kind of abruptly, probably because I was under the impression I still had like 20 pages left, which was all supporting material. The climax, Zatanna and Dinah fighting each other, was great fun, and Dinah’s “eulogy” for the villain got a hearty chuckle from me. Would totally recommend, for anyone, really! Just cover-to-cover fun!

Reminder of Thing's miniseries from years back being legit

As a kid I had 2 issues, some of my fave single story
The Slott series? Such a great, forgotten run.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone is basking in the glow of new comics, which I unfortunately won’t be able to get until tomorrow evening.

HOWEVER, I did read the Black Canary and Zatanna Bloodspell graphic novel on my commute today, and I really enjoyed it. Joe Quinones is so great on art, I never doubted I would enjoy that aspect. The Dini story is fun, too, particularly the flashbacks. I especially enjoyed the Zatanna JLA introductions, and the time on Apokolips. I thought it ended kind of abruptly, probably because I was under the impression I still had like 20 pages left, which was all supporting material. The climax, Zatanna and Dinah fighting each other, was great fun, and Dinah’s “eulogy” for the villain got a hearty chuckle from me. Would totally recommend, for anyone, really! Just cover-to-cover fun!

I own this

Oct 25, 2017
The art in the flashbacks in TMNT issue #5 is awesome. Why didn’t they use that artist for the whole issue lol. I know the art gets better in the future, but this early stuff is rough. The feudal Japan scenes were so good.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

No. I went crazy trying to find it, but its called Startling Stories:The Thing. Haven't gone back for reread, but man if that wasn't a great solo venture.

Oct 25, 2017
Just read Shazam #1 and I love it! This was great. I'm only upset that it took us THIS freaking long to pick up from that hanging plot thread in the JL backups years ago.

Eaglesham's arm was so expressive and perfect for this. Made me miss Secret Six.

Jan 12, 2018
Holy fucking shit at the Walking Dead
Did Rick finally buy it?

Green Lantern #2: This issue was easier to follow, and it clarified the first issues, so win! And that
interrogation scene was excellent.

Doomsday Clock #8: Um... how are they going to finish this series in four issues without rushing it?

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld
Went to my LCS, and it said open, and the doors were unlocked, but literally nobody was in there. I stood at the counter for like five minutes awkwardly and then just walked out. Uhh, what? I was looking so forward to reading this week's books. I can't go back after my work shift ends because the comic shop will be closed.
Physical comics will soon be as dead as that shop. Prepare yourself and embrace the digital future.

Oct 25, 2017
I think they are making her full crazy again.
:/
Did Rick finally buy it?

Green Lantern #2: This issue was easier to follow, and it clarified the first issues, so win! And that
interrogation scene was excellent.

Doomsday Clock #8: Um... how are they going to finish this series in four issues without rushing it?
About to read GL2! But wanna know the seecery about DC?

They won't