• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
How dare you cancel Domino. Fuck you Marvel. Fuck off.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Reading Gotham Central. They mention Wayne going crazy, what happened?
There was a stupid story going on at the time called Bruce Wayne Fugitive where he was wanted for murder

It's the best
Honestly it's probably better if you didn't know and take it as a day in the craziness of Gotham and normal people dealing with shit they don't understand or know the full picture off

especially with the random I think was crisis crossover and the cops being baffled

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
HOTSHOTS-001-CVR.jpg

There it is. 5 issue mini. Simone and Baldeon

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's probably better if you didn't know and take it as a day in the craziness of Gotham and normal people dealing with shit they don't understand or know the full picture off

especially with the random I think was crisis crossover and the cops being baffled
That was Infinite Crisis, can confirm.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please just cancel Marvel?

I barely read any of their books because of this kind of shit. 🤮

PLEASE DON'T FUCK UP DR STRANGE.

Then you're missing a lot of good books?

Going with my previous answer, based on the creative team.
captain-hydra-8302017.jpg

Who found Captain America on ice before the Avengers? Assuming It's a Cap book:
51iWqKWYz%2BL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Assuming it's an Avengers book, probably Odin.

Who saved Jean Grey from Dark Phoenix? Hurm. Rosenberg book?
mutlple-man-series-1086586.jpeg

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered it a couple of months back, but I finally got my commission in from Marley Zarcone!

I love it, she did such an incredible job

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing everyone get mad at Slott this morning made me laugh. I wonder if his reputation will forever be tainted by people's hatred of his ASM run.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So close to the new Miles book...

Dude is finally going to become his own character.

Seeing everyone get mad at Slott this morning made me laugh. I wonder if his reputation will forever be tainted by people's hatred of his ASM run.
Slott even gets blamed for OMD lol. Bendis honestly gets it the worse in terms of people throwing blame around though. Pretty much every "rumor" about internal issues with both Marvel and DC revolve around him.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Mera Rebirth mini is on hoopla - worth reading if I've (mostly) enjoyed Abnett's Aquaman run?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
My new favourite marvel villain is Exterminatrix. Especially Joe Quinones design.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so, tonight I spent some time trying to finish last week's books before tomorrow. Got through both Immortal Hulk books, Namor: The Best Defense, and The Exterminated. I actually really enjoyed all four.

Going in reverse, I didn't expect anything from The Exterminated. Most of the time, I buy these one-shot tie-ins out of some perverted sense of obligation rather than a genuine belief that they'll be particularly worthwhile. Both stories in this proved to be pretty heartfelt and overall well done. Only thing that I don't love is the art in the Hope/Jean part.

I think Zdarsky has been so strong for Marvel because he just has a brilliant and thorough understanding of the fundamental character of the heroes and villains he works with. So far, he's written characters that fall in what most likely consider his wheelhouse, whether it be Howard, Star-Lord, Spider-Man, or the FF. Lots of opportunity for laughs, but tons of gut-punch moments, too, and it works well because Chip knows what makes these people tick. That continues with this Namor book, which doesn't fall into his typical funny/serious style, but still shows he has what it takes for a more dramatic story, because he gets what makes Namor a compelling character.

As for the Immortal Hulk books, I can't say more than has already been said. I missed Joe Bennett's art on the Defenders tie-in, but otherwise it didn't miss a beat. Has Al Ewing been Marvel's most reliable bet, since Hickman left? Guy gets lots of love among nerdy fan circles, but I never saw that enthusiasm reflected among sales or mainstream criticism. Hulk is changing that a bit, I hope. But you can always count on Ewing's stuff to be thoughtful, interesting, loaded with lore. I think Zdarsky is doing the best work at Marvel right now, but Ewing has move vote for highest consistent quality over a long stretch of time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
CW Crossover was great! Think I enjoyed last year's Earth X a bit more overall, but this years was really fun aswell. Batwoman was badass, really hope she gets her own show next year.

Crisis on Infinite Earths next year!@!

Status
Not open for further replies.