• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Just started reading Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles. Honestly one of the most refreshing titles in years. I've never been a fan of the Hanna Barbera to DC titles but this really is amazing.
It's 1953. While the United States is locked in a nuclear arms race with the Soviet Union, the gay Southern playwright known as Snagglepuss is the toast of Broadway. But success has made him a target. As he plans for his next hit play, Snagglepuss becomes the focus of the House Committee on Un-American Activities. And when powerful forces align to purge show business of its most subversive voices, no one is safe!

51s9bcU%2BRwL.jpg

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Next Summer's big DC event is going to be Justice League The Sixth Dimension. Written by Scott Snyder and Jorge Jimenez!

rfefmsG.jpg

Pretty cool to have Jimenez helping out on the plotting. Love that Batman design on the cover of issue 21!
That looks like the Earth 2 Society Batman. This event seems a lot like a Drowned Earth event.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I hate comics

Do they explain which joker is which when he appears? Barely seems a factor in stories.
I doubt they have any fucking clue where they're going to go with it. Sounds like some dope in the creative meeting just randomly said "hey guys, what if there was more than one Joker!?"

This is gonna be the Lee roster, isn't it? Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine..

I can't wait for this to come out so I can continue to ignore it.
Pls support Sejic's non DC work.

I need this stuff to continue

How many thousands of dollars did you donate?
Babs Tarr is hit or miss but this Ms. Marvel variant is a definite hit.

Jxiwyh7.jpg
Looks good, but it also looks like she aged a few years.
Hope is like a wwe wrestler that gets pushed for 6 months and then forgotten about
Isn't that more than half the roster?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there ANY way you can think of the 3 Jokers being successfully pulled off in a satisfying way? It's so weird to me that they introduced it but have barely played with the new toybox, I mean we have 3 jokers! They could have a war over gotham and their image, one could try to be a hero, but nah...

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Is there ANY way you can think of the 3 Jokers being successfully pulled off in a satisfying way? It's so weird to me that they introduced it but have barely played with the new toybox, I mean we have 3 jokers! They could have a war over gotham and their image, one could try to be a hero, but nah...
Guess you'll have to wait and see

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So Wasp is just delayed plus the rumored art change after the first arc. March is just the skip month.

Also Anka is gone from Runaways because rumor is
He's doing Young Avengers next

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Well, from what Johns and Fabok have said one of the first thing the Jokers does upon meeting is one of them saying "Hey, that's MY Hawaii shirt!"

Sejic up to 330 patrons. Nice.

How???

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like the Earth 2 Society Batman. This event seems a lot like a Drowned Earth event.
What does "Drowned Earth event mean"? Also Mister being in middle with Sixth dimension seems like there may be some interesting world building here (Also seemed Plx's 5th dimension existed outside the multiverse? I know Morrison retconned it into "imagination" but I wonder where the 5th dimension actually exist in multiverse, or if every universe has it's own 5thD).

I hope this isn't some evil Justice League shit.

Well, from what Johns and Fabok have said one of the first thing the Jokers does upon meeting is one of them saying "Hey, that's MY Hawaii shirt!"

Sejic up to 330 patrons. Nice.

How???

Gonna be honest, that makes me think time travel at play, though there are numerous other story avenues they can take with that line.

I'd personally love it for Killing Joke Joker to be called out for raping and that going too far to other Jokers, but y'know, doubt they'll address that.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What does "Drowned Earth event mean"? Also Mister being in middle with Sixth dimension seems like there may be some interesting world building here (Also seemed Plx's 5th dimension existed outside the multiverse? I know Morrison retconned it into "imagination" but I wonder where the 5th dimension actually exist in multiverse, or if every universe has it's own 5thD).

I hope this isn't some evil Justice League shit.
An event that is structured like Drowned Earth.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'd say they're equally culpable. The whole comic was framing it as such.

And the Warlock shit was while her brother was MIA

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also not sure how I feel about the main X-book being a super obvious "Holy shit you couldn't be more blatant with this" kill team

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't need to have previously worked on a character to design a statue of them. I mean, did Artgerm ever do Bleez before the Cover Girls statue? Or Vixen?

Nah Joelle hasn't worked on this Canary either. She just drew the statue. I'm just wondering who DC should do. I want everyone. Jess pls.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That new X-Men team is really interesting given that it the only real mainstays are Cyclops and Wolverine who have been gone since Secret Wars. Pretty much the opposite of the last few main teams.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
That X-23 solicit. If you hurt or kill Gabby ill end the entire marvel staff

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
Line up for dectective 1000

• Kevin Smith and Jim Lee
  • Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
  • Warren Ellis and Becky Cloonan
  • Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen
  • Denny O'Neil and Steve Epting (a sequel to O'Neil's 1976 Detective Comics story "There's No Hope in Crime Alley")
  • Christopher Priest and Neal Adams
  • Geoff Johns and Kelley Jones
  • Tom King, Tony Daniel and Joëlle Jones
  • Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
  • James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Are Magik and Laura are the most recent examples of X-men who've managed to escape "X-kid/X-those guys over there" status?

Or would it be Cannonball and Decosta?

Status
Not open for further replies.