• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Janin is easily better than the ASM artists lol. I don't even like Janin.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The last few Janin issues have actually looked solid-to-good. I don't know if they switched colorists or something but I remembering thinking "wow, this doesn't look at all like awkwardly posed CG action figures."

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
The last few Janin issues have actually looked solid-to-good. I don't know if they switched colorists or something but I remembering thinking "wow, this doesn't look at all like awkwardly posed CG action figures."
Yeah Bellaire is coloring him now and it's waaaay better

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017

Nah it's always been Bellaire over Janin, it's just the mood's shifted from pulp action to people watching a man fall apart.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017

I think that sometimes too, then I see his "Opaque Glasses Comissioner Gordon" or his "Starvation Victim Alfred Pennyworth" and I'm wishing for anyone else. Especially when he has a fill-in artist that looks SO MUCH better.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my LCS, and it said open, and the doors were unlocked, but literally nobody was in there. I stood at the counter for like five minutes awkwardly and then just walked out. Uhh, what? I was looking so forward to reading this week's books. I can't go back after my work shift ends because the comic shop will be closed.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
It's been a while comics friends. I took a week off to go work PAX Unplugged and had a ton of fun visiting Philly. I'm reviewing The Highest House TP for work. I'm only about half way through issue 3 (?) and it's quite excellent. I'll have a mini-summary once I'm done reading it but yeah, check it out guys. I have a backlog of comics to read at some point between getting back into the swing of things.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder of Thing's miniseries from years back being legit

As a kid I had 2 issues, some of my fave single story

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone is basking in the glow of new comics, which I unfortunately won't be able to get until tomorrow evening.

HOWEVER, I did read the Black Canary and Zatanna Bloodspell graphic novel on my commute today, and I really enjoyed it. Joe Quinones is so great on art, I never doubted I would enjoy that aspect. The Dini story is fun, too, particularly the flashbacks. I especially enjoyed the Zatanna JLA introductions, and the time on Apokolips. I thought it ended kind of abruptly, probably because I was under the impression I still had like 20 pages left, which was all supporting material. The climax, Zatanna and Dinah fighting each other, was great fun, and Dinah's "eulogy" for the villain got a hearty chuckle from me. Would totally recommend, for anyone, really! Just cover-to-cover fun!

Reminder of Thing's miniseries from years back being legit

As a kid I had 2 issues, some of my fave single story

The Slott series? Such a great, forgotten run.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone is basking in the glow of new comics, which I unfortunately won't be able to get until tomorrow evening.

HOWEVER, I did read the Black Canary and Zatanna Bloodspell graphic novel on my commute today, and I really enjoyed it. Joe Quinones is so great on art, I never doubted I would enjoy that aspect. The Dini story is fun, too, particularly the flashbacks. I especially enjoyed the Zatanna JLA introductions, and the time on Apokolips. I thought it ended kind of abruptly, probably because I was under the impression I still had like 20 pages left, which was all supporting material. The climax, Zatanna and Dinah fighting each other, was great fun, and Dinah's "eulogy" for the villain got a hearty chuckle from me. Would totally recommend, for anyone, really! Just cover-to-cover fun!

I own this
du2PQoeI_3108152014051.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The art in the flashbacks in TMNT issue #5 is awesome. Why didn't they use that artist for the whole issue lol. I know the art gets better in the future, but this early stuff is rough. The feudal Japan scenes were so good.

Last edited:

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Got my comics. Woo. Going to read all three tonight (Shazam #1, GL #2, and Doomsday Clock #8).

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No. I went crazy trying to find it, but its called Startling Stories:The Thing. Haven't gone back for reread, but man if that wasn't a great solo venture.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Just read Shazam #1 and I love it! This was great. I'm only upset that it took us THIS freaking long to pick up from that hanging plot thread in the JL backups years ago.

Eaglesham's arm was so expressive and perfect for this. Made me miss Secret Six.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I keep going back to that OA spread from this week's GL. You can tell Sharp is super passionate about this, holy fuck, man

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

😭 I'm so upset that this is happening

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Holy fucking shit at the Walking Dead

Did Rick finally buy it?

Green Lantern #2: This issue was easier to follow, and it clarified the first issues, so win! And that
interrogation scene was excellent.

Doomsday Clock #8: Um... how are they going to finish this series in four issues without rushing it?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Green Lantern was awesome this week! Was not expecting that volcano dude to be human sized lol.

Are these Black Stars and Dark Stars new characters, or have then been around before?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my LCS, and it said open, and the doors were unlocked, but literally nobody was in there. I stood at the counter for like five minutes awkwardly and then just walked out. Uhh, what? I was looking so forward to reading this week's books. I can't go back after my work shift ends because the comic shop will be closed.
Physical comics will soon be as dead as that shop. Prepare yourself and embrace the digital future.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Green Lantern is so alien in such an amazing way. You feel completely off-kilter reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.