• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I just realized that I never put up the comics I bought in November, so here they are!
8BC4yVx.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Black Hammer Library Edition looks great. Really happy this came out. Came with a dust jacket, which I don't know why Dark Horse does that, but at least they replicated the dust jacket design on the cover boards, so I can put the dust jacket in storage.

46206584681_bafcf76568_b.jpg

32334516798_0b78c38d4f_b.jpg
That looks really nice. I wish I could get into Black Hammer, I just thought the main book wasnt all that interesting. The side books have all been amazing though, which is pretty weird considering I usually skip them. Might have to pick this up at some point and give it another try.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Paste posted their top 25 2018 comics:

Honorable Mention: Nancy
25. Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles
24. Persephone
23. Prism Stalker
22. Eternal
21. Glorious Wrestling Apocalypse
20. Brazen
19. The Strange
18. Monk!
17. Ice Cream Man
16. Action Comics
15. Manfried the Man
14. Runaways
13. I Am a Hero
12. The Lie and How We Told It
11. The Song of Aglaia
10. Klaus and the Crying Snowman
9. Saga
8. The Dreaming
7. The Nib: Death
6. Girl Town
5. Why Art?
4. Land of the Sons
3. Grafity's Wall
2. The Immortal Hulk
1. (Tie) Berlin
1. (Tie) Upgrade Soul

Read all the blurbs here: https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/12/the-25-best-comic-books-of-2018.html?p=3

I've only read Immortal Hulk, Prism Stalker, and Ice Cream Man which is damn good for an anthology series. Susana Polo also gave a shout out to The Nib but yeah, I have a bunch comics to read in the future.

Last edited:

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

24. Persephone
23. Prism Stalker
22. Eternal
20. Brazen
19. The Strange
18. Monk!
17. Ice Cream Man
16. Action Comics
15. Manfried the Man
14. Runaways
13. I Am a Hero
11. The Song of Aglaia
9. Saga
8. The Dreaming
6. Girl Town
5. Why Art?
4. Land of the Sons
3. Grafity's Wall
2. The Immortal Hulk
1. (Tie) Berlin
1. (Tie) Upgrade Soul

Read all the blurbs here: https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/12/the-25-best-comic-books-of-2018.html?p=3

I've only read Immortal Hulk and Ice Cream Man which is damn good for an anthology series. Susana Polo also gave a shout out to The Nib but yeah, I have a bunch comics to read in the future.

I am a fan of Paste's year end comics list, I always see something new I need to track down.

Rather surprised though to see Why Art? at 5 and no Sabrina in the top 25!

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Inuyasha is an alright show

Until Band of Seven, when it becomes a good show

And then BoS ends and it becomes a terrible show.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This Immortal Hulk book seems to be really good. Wonder why we never talk about it here?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like Secret Wars made a stronger case for Illyana x leah than anything with Kitty.

And Illyana x Dani is just pure aesthetic

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't take too long to resolve the ending of Dead Souls. It'll be pretty dumb if almost all the New Mutants characters are stuck in that limbo for months.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure you guys don't care as much as I do, but would it be weird if Young Cable and Hope got together lol? Original Cable is her pseudo Dad, but they aren't actually related (even though she looks just like a Grey).

So Young Cable and Hope, weird or hot?

Jean is lame and it's lame that the current X-Men writers want to use her so much.
I was just kidding about Jean and Scott getting back together. She's way too good for him, and that looser deserves to die alone!

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
[QUOTE]I'm sure you guys don't care as much as I do, but would it be weird if Young Cable and Hope got together lol? Original Cable is her pseudo Dad, but they aren't actually related (even though she looks just like a Grey).

So Young Cable and Hope, weird or hot?

I was just kidding about Jean and Scott getting back together. She's way too good for him, and that looser deserves to die alone![/QUOTE]

This would almost be as bad as the Carol Danvers thing

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

24. Persephone
23. Prism Stalker
22. Eternal
20. Brazen
19. The Strange
18. Monk!
17. Ice Cream Man
16. Action Comics
15. Manfried the Man
14. Runaways
13. I Am a Hero
11. The Song of Aglaia
9. Saga
8. The Dreaming
6. Girl Town
5. Why Art?
4. Land of the Sons
3. Grafity's Wall
2. The Immortal Hulk
1. (Tie) Berlin
1. (Tie) Upgrade Soul

I've only read Immortal Hulk, Prism Stalker, and Ice Cream Man which is damn good for an anthology series. Susana Polo also gave a shout out to The Nib but yeah, I have a bunch comics to read in the future.
Damn I didn't expect Hulk to be so high

Also I've been meaning to read Prism Stalker, what's your opinion on it?

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Jean is lame and it's lame that the current X-Men writers want to use her so much.
ImrR.gif

24. Persephone
23. Prism Stalker
22. Eternal
20. Brazen
19. The Strange
18. Monk!
17. Ice Cream Man
16. Action Comics
15. Manfried the Man
14. Runaways
13. I Am a Hero
11. The Song of Aglaia
9. Saga
8. The Dreaming
6. Girl Town
5. Why Art?
4. Land of the Sons
3. Grafity's Wall
2. The Immortal Hulk
1. (Tie) Berlin
1. (Tie) Upgrade Soul

Yeeesh. I don't think I can trust anyone that puts Rowell's Runaways on a best of list. That book is "Nothing Happens: The Series."

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Rowell and Anka are too busy doing fanservice in the background of shots to actually progress the story in runaways. I wonder how much more Jen Bartel merch anka can make them wear.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You guys see Duggan and Image comics got sued over his comic Dead Rabbit? I guess there's a comic themed restaurant called a dead Rabbit, and they won the suit, or Image settled, and the comic was pulled from all the comic stores.

There was an old gang in NYC called the dead rabbits (or something like that) which is what I assumed the comic was based on, but I guess it was still infringing on that restaurant lol. Like wtf.

People have to read the book to talk about it. I absolutely love it and it's the top of my stack even over Doomsday Clock and Shazam this week.
I dunno why no one here reads it...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
She's been dead for like 30 years lol. But now that's she's finally back, they are using her too much!?

Status
Not open for further replies.