• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins in a fight?

• Knull

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • The Batman Who LMAOs

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Someone inform me if he ever dies
We'll inform you alright, like this:

giphy.gif

So when does baby Yoda get it's own comic run?
Not soon enough.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I like how that report came out that WB didn't know how to adapt Superman for modern audiences and everyone has been like "he's literally the perfect character for this moment in history you fucking idiots".

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Just ask Grant Morrison, Kurt Busiek or Mark Waid for some advice on how to write Supes. All three are currently working as writers and would likely be more than willing to help

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just ask Grant Morrison, Kurt Busiek or Mark Waid for some advice on how to write Supes. All three are currently working as writers and would likely be more than willing to help

"Okay I hear what you're saying but what if instead Supeman was a Libertarian?"

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
....but my Rogue. Tell me she's not the problem.
Its too early to tell tbh. People werent thrilled with the first issue since it dealt with magic, but that was pretty much dropped after that issue. The book is mainly about Betsy/Captain Britain. Gambit and Rouge are in it, along with some other people, but they are mainly in supporting cast roles atm.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
....but my Rogue. Tell me she's not the problem.
She's just kind of there, but if you're buying it just for Rogue she's taken off the table early on and remains to be seen when she'll be back in.
It's a play on a scene from Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

original.gif
lol I've seen that episode and didn't make the connection but that rules. Fallen Order would've been a million times better if you had a Baby Yoda that acted like the bb in Death Stranding and you could soothe it.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
She's just kind of there, but if you're buying it just for Rogue she's taken off the table early on and remains to be seen when she'll be back in.

Its too early to tell tbh. People werent thrilled with the first issue since it dealt with magic, but that was pretty much dropped after that issue. The book is mainly about Betsy/Captain Britain. Gambit and Rouge are in it, along with some other people, but they are mainly in supporting cast roles atm.
Oh no....I need my rogue fix. It's been too long.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
A minor nitpick bout the ongoing Superman conversation is that I don't think ASS should be recommended to newbies. You get much more out of it if you had prior experience to more "normal" Superman stories and newbies will probably want to drop it at the bizarro bits

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no....I need my rogue fix. It's been too long.
Yea I assume she will have an important role in the story, but right now she's in like a magic coma after the events of the first issue lol. The main plot of the book atm is trying to get her out of it, while also Betsy coming to terms with being the new Captain Britain.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
A minor nitpick bout the ongoing Superman conversation is that I don't think ASS should be recommended to newbies. You get much more out of it if you had prior experience to more "normal" Superman stories and newbies will probably want to drop it at the bizarro bits

I think it's weirdness is one of its strengths. Secret Identity is a bit meta. For All Seasons isn't as strong. Birthright's probably the next best choice, but I wish it had a slightly broader scope at points.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I think those are still great comics even if you don't understand every reason they're as great as they are the first time you read them.

But also, in my experience, I've had success in hooking people on comics by giving them something a little above what they're ready for, then having a talk with them and diving into all the things I appreciate about it. Because then they see that there's more there if you really take it in, and I think it makes certain kinds of people go into their next book trying to be a more active reader.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I think it's weirdness is one of its strengths. Secret Identity is a bit meta. For All Seasons isn't as strong. Birthright's probably the next best choice, but I wish it had a slightly broader scope at points.
I do agree, but I still worry that the weirdness can turn newcomers off entirely. I think it's similar to TDKR in a sense that you will get much more out of it knowing the basics of the character/his relationship with his supporting cast first.

But eh, who knows, it really depends on the reader

Status
Not open for further replies.