• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins in a fight?

• Knull

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • The Batman Who LMAOs

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wall of Shame for November 2019

YQsQSNm.png

omuA8PA.png

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
End of Doomsday Clock, end of King's Batman... end of everything I'm following in "real time" for DC. Though I think I will give Taylor's Suicide Squad a try, that looks pretty good.

I'm finally getting around to watching Doom Patrol and mother of god it's so good. The Danny Patrol episode might be one of my favorite episodes of tv ever, damn that was good.

Honestly one of my favorite TV shows period. Danny Patrol is golden - particularly that scene where Larry jumps up on stage and looks like his old self, and sings karaoke, and becomes the person he wants to be, followed by a smash cut to reality where he's bandaged and anxious and closed off to the world.

I love me some self-loathing characters and Doom Patrol does them right.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
TY for your patience everyone. Tried to get everything done last night but it was late so sorry about that.

I'll most likely take a break/stop doing the images for a while. I'm sure some of you remember I used to do them by myself but it became too much for me to really keep up with. With stuff going on this just isn't a priority for me atm I'll be real.

If anyone is looking to help, please shoot Messi a PM.

May 24, 2019
I'm sure I'm gonna follow Batman through to #100. It's not quite Daniels taking over writing from Morrison. Though he is drawing it :/

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I'm dropping Batman after King, but not out of a lack of interest in Tynion. I just want off this "following monthly comics" train. I'll read that Tynion stuff years from now.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hmm what do I want this month?

Harleen 3.
Doomsday Clock.
Marauders.
New Mutants.
Die.
A couple random things.

Easy. Gonna kick this habit good.

May 24, 2019
Unless Yoda's race is established as 'Yoda' I wish people would stop calling this guy "Baby Yoda." Give him a dumb nickname. Anything else.

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Did you finish his tec yet?
I got through it really fast. It was really great stuff. That was the X-Men book I was looking for, way more than what Hickman was doing.

But in addition to being the X-Men book I wanted, it really gave me some of the same vibe I got reading Johns' run on Flash for the first time. Because I went into that run not knowing a damn thing about the Rogues, and came out the other side in love with them. A similar thing happened here, where I fell in love with the extended bat family.

Still don't give a crap about Batwoman, though!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I got through it really fast. It was really great stuff. That was the X-Men book I was looking for, way more than what Hickman was doing.

But in addition to being the X-Men book I wanted, it really gave me some of the same vibe I got reading Johns' run on Flash for the first time. Because I went into that run not knowing a damn thing about the Rogues, and came out the other side in love with them. A similar thing happened here, where I fell in love with the extended bat family.

Still don't give a crap about Batwoman, though!
Read Johns' GL run, also Nick Spencers Superior Foes

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
This current arc of Nightwing sounds interesting.

Grayson's grandfather and the Court of Owls manipulating Ric to join their group and become an assassin.

AmigoTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know when the 2nd half trade of doomsday clock comes out? Ive been waiting to read it all in one go.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
December 18th is going to probably be the biggest pickup week I've ever had, since I don't pull a huge amount. Going to be getting:

Batman Last Knight on Earth #3
Doomsday Clock #12
History of the Marvel Universe #6
Legion of Super-Heroes #2
Shazam #9
Superman Smashes the Klan #2
Wonder Woman Dead Earth #1

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the likelihood doomsday clock has any importance to the DC Universe when it's finished? Does that giant generation timeline come into play then?

May 24, 2019
Nothing can happen immediately. We have at least six months of Tynion Batman and wrapping up the Dark Universe stuff. Doomsday Clock is only going to hint at something. I think it's more likely to be for the JSA than anything universe-wide.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it'd bother. Why bring attention to the external universe not ending up catching up to it? It's supposed to stand on it's own and that'd just complicate the story.
Well, I don't mean I wonder how Doomsday Clock will explain it, but rather how DC as a company will explain it. At some point somebody will ask them, "Is Doomsday Clock in continuity or not?"

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I don't understand why a story like that was ever supposed to connect to the DCU. Like...I wouldn't want it to. I'd want it to just be a stand-alone answer to Watchmen. I don't want to finish a book like that and feel like "great, now it's telling me to go read this other shit".

Status
Not open for further replies.