• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins in a fight?

• Knull

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • The Batman Who LMAOs

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
They upped the budget for Crisis. The title cards/Earth labels look like they are from Robocop though lol.

What a weird ending for part 1 lol. Sucks theres a 1 month gap inbetween parts 3 and 4 for this. I dont get who thought that was a good idea.

Also, I really dont want a Superman show with the CW actor playing the lead. Just unnecessary. Have him be a supporting character on Supergirl still. Save the show for someone else. Hell even Superboy would be a better CW show.

We literally find the perfect guy for a TV Superman and you wanna toss it off and make him some side character? Fuuuuck that. The only way I'm okay with that is if the Superboy show is literally the 90's Superboy comic, verbatim. Set in Hawaii, featuring a sleazy manager, Superboy in the jacket and being a slacker, the love triangle featuring Tana fucking Moon, all of it.

Also, the ending of that episode sucked. The Crisis thread is pretty snippy about me saying it (but look at all the people on Twitter who think it was great), but that's not how you do the first death. They gotta ramp it up more than this.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We literally find the perfect guy for a TV Superman and you wanna toss it off and make him some side character? Fuuuuck that. The only way I'm okay with that is if the Superboy show is literally the 90's Superboy comic, verbatim. Set in Hawaii, featuring a sleazy manager, Superboy in the jacket and being a slacker, the love triangle featuring Tana fucking Moon, all of it.

Also, the ending of that episode sucked. The Crisis thread is pretty snippy about me saying it (but look at all the people on Twitter who think it was great), but that's not how you do the first death. They gotta ramp it up more than this.
Man I want that show now. And the awful CW camp and budget would work better with Superboy.

People hating on us going wtf in the crisis thread

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
What you're saying is...

CW gon CW?

Also just catching up on Venom...so is this the first time we've seen the Maker without his helmet?

Also holy shit Donny really is Geoff Johns-ing Venom.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I respect the CW superhero shows in a weird way.
Like they are trying their best with what limited resources they have.
I'd never want to watch them because they are all super cheesy and kinda crappy, but damn do I respect the effort.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I respect the CW superhero shows in a weird way.
Like they are trying their best with what limited resources they have.
I'd never want to watch them because they are all super cheesy and kinda crappy, but damn do I respect the effort.

I'd rather watch the worst season of Flash than ever watch Suicide Squad or Justice League again.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
So yeah uh I really liked Transmetropolitan. It was very different from all the other Ellis comics I've read. Much more grounded, more down to earth, just the news and politics and not a lot of flashy fights or anything. But also much more obscene and gross and "haha! sex!"

But it tackles lots of serious issues very well and it's just really well done and interesting. And funny. Also pretty depressing. Like really fucking depressing. The "bad guy" is really well done and Spider and Channon and Yelena have a great dynamic. I wish they didn't use the R-word so much tho.

Y'all have probably figured out that I prefer more positive stories and I tend to enjoy them more. But you know? Sometimes you just wanna see a dude beat the shit out of some assholes armed with a bowel disruptor and the Chair Leg of Truth.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all have probably figured out that I prefer more positive stories and I tend to enjoy them more. But you know? Sometimes you just wanna see a dude beat the shit out of some assholes armed with a bowel disruptor and the Chair Leg of Truth.
100%. disrupt the bowels of all the politicians.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

I agree with you completely about the ending of the episode. I like how the reason why they choose to do it was to subvert expectations lol. Like come on! I do expect to see Oliver back in some form before the end of this crossover. Hopefully as the Spectre, and not just some alt universe version of him.

But tbh no I dont think this actor for Superman is compelling enough for an entire show by himself. But thats just me. If people do like him, then cool, do a show. I just feel like there are better shows they could do and could just have him and Supergirl star in the same show.

EDIT: And hell yes I want that Superboy show

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Never read Slott's Silver Surfer cause Allred's art isn't my thing.
Yes, I know what I said is blasphemous.

tenor.gif

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to just finally see the X-Men in actual good looking costumes lol.
Do we have confirmation of an X-men movie? Or are we just dreaming about the future?
Old people love home renovation comics.
There's a Vader comic about home renovation!?! Yes please!
Never read Slott's Silver Surfer cause Allred's art isn't my thing.
Yes, I know what I said is blasphemous.
Do you not like Jack Kirby art, either?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"If 60's DC did Marvel" has me dying
What-if-DC-published-Captain-America-in-the-1960s_o_49915.jpg

I wish DC wasn't embrassed of their past, they seem to switch from goofy to grimdark like a child pretending to grow up when they're two sides of same coin

Not really? I know it's iconic but I don't particularly enjoy it.
Do you like any artists inspired by Kirby? Or I guess I mean heavily, since pretty much most comic artists who put pen to paper will tell you Kirby inspired them somehow.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That wouldn't count people who watch this stuff on Netflix. Younger people not watching the channel doesn't mean not watching the shows.
oh ya, totally. the numbers are from network television watchers. kids be all up in strimmin these days.

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
so many poor souls exposing their eyeballs to Yu's bad art and Hickman's bad dialogue

"Captain Marvel becomes a villain" being a massive sales boost is hilarious

Last edited:

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hello, I hope your weekends were blessed by the Knulls

Annihilation Scourge Beta Ray Bill #1
Annihilation Scourge Silver Surfer #1
Doom 2099
Fallen Angels #3
Immortal Hulk #28
New Mutants #3
X-Force #3

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
for me this week.

Batman's Grave #3
Dark Knight Returns The Golden Child #1
Far Sector #2
Fallen Angels #3
Immortal Hulk #28
New Mutants #3
X-Force #3

and like a billion dollars in hardcovers. rip.

hoxpox ohc
x-men shattershot ohc
y the last man omnibus
and the strangers in paradise omnibus if i can snag it on IST

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
Peter David, Stuart Immonen and Sarah Pichelli. Pretty much all the artist that Bendis kept hoarding for himself.
Though I also love Patrick Gleason.
Isn't Peter David a writer? Google isn't showing me an artist.

Immonen and Pichelli are certainly the very very best of Marvel house style. Not gonna hate on that. Those spreads they do are gorgeous.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BATMANS GRAVE #3
DARK KNIGHT RETURNS THE GOLDEN CHILD #1
FAR SECTOR #2
WONDER TWINS #10

CAPTAIN MARVEL #13
IMMORTAL HULK #28

and I'll get around to this whenever I bother going to a comic shop again - FLASH GIANT #2

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
BATMANS GRAVE #3
DARK KNIGHT RETURNS THE GOLDEN CHILD #1
FAR SECTOR #2
WONDER TWINS #10

CAPTAIN MARVEL #13
IMMORTAL HULK #28

and I'll get around to this whenever I bother going to a comic shop again - FLASH GIANT #2
not an x-men fan, tim? or are you trade waiting?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
not an x-men fan, tim? or are you trade waiting?

trade/sale/mu/whatever comes first. I really enjoyed HoX/DoX but the proper books that I've checked out haven't done a whole lot for me.

I'd be more excited for them to finally announce vol 4 of the Claremont UXM omnis tbh

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
trade/sale/mu/whatever comes first. I really enjoyed HoX/DoX but the proper books that I've checked out haven't done a whole lot for me.

I'd be more excited for them to finally announce vol 4 of the Claremont UXM omnis tbh
oh hell yes that goes unsaid

Status
Not open for further replies.